player types

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Player types

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11027 Posts, 542 Topics, 770 Members, Latest Member: Drdarylmorgan34

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 4040 times) [1]

Player types
« on: August 01, 2008, 09:56:30 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 10:08:17 AM by Andrew »
I enjoy playing many types of games, but mainly stick to RPGs. I do like competition, though, and wonder one thing.

What are the most annoying type of people to play against?

Do you despise people who insist on "Fox only, no items, Final Destination" types?

What about the "You can't use that combo/move type/whatever, because it's a game breaker" types?

What about the type like I am who just begins to laugh maniacally when he's beaten you for the twelfth time?

I want some discussion on this, please.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

Re: Player types
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 09:43:38 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
The kinds that lose (Because they suck) and then get pissed off, insult ye, call the game crap/accuse ye of cheatin'/both and then leave.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 01:50:59 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
The "win by any means necessary" kind.

You know, the guy that believes in "accidentally" bumping you with his shoulder when you're playing in the same room, the guy that thinks ye olde Mortal Kombat uppercut juggle is a perfectly reasonable strategy(if you remember this one, you know there ARE some moves that should be banned from versus play), and in general turns what should be a friendly game into a giant shitstorm because he HAS TO WIN!!!!!.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 02:00:25 AM » by Zaratus

You know, the guy that believes in "accidentally" bumping you with his shoulder when you're playing in the same room, the guy that thinks ye olde Mortal Kombat uppercut juggle is a perfectly reasonable strategy(if you remember this one, you know there ARE some moves that should be banned from versus play), and in general turns what should be a friendly game into a giant shitstorm because he HAS TO WIN!!!!!.

Don't forget the old 'unplug the controller from the socket' "trick".  Of course, that can't happen nowadays with wireless.  Except maybe something like pull out the batteries while you aren't looking? 
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 03:21:21 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight

Don't forget the old 'unplug the controller from the socket' "trick". Of course, that can't happen nowadays with wireless. Except maybe something like pull out the batteries while you aren't looking?

That can't be done with a PS3 controller, but that type of player might do a "Quit game" or "Turn off the system" from where he is, so he technacally didn't lose.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 01:38:38 AM » by BeenieWeenie Them shore is sum good beens, mmm-hmm.
Hi. I'm new here. (new member, lurked for some time)
the guy that thinks ye olde Mortal Kombat uppercut juggle is a perfectly reasonable strategy

You know, when me and my buddies get together for some old-school MK, I prefer the jumping kick spam myself.

It's always fun, after a few serious matches, to just generally tick off the other guy as much as possible. It's all in fun.

But all the time? Yeah, I know those types. And also, you mention the "Fox only, no items, Final Destination types" and I hate that as well. In my honest opinion, if a character or strategy isn't inherently broken, let people use it. If they don't like you using a certain strategy\player\item, they should adapt.

Just sayin`.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 06:50:28 AM » by Fnord
The kind of people who jump you, after 3 mario kart victories. Sure, they might be girls, about 3/4 of my size.. but i cant defend myself aginst 3 of ém!

The sore loosers, who whine about how you used a cheap tactics/won because of luck/won because of their controller being faulty (which it never is)/they were distracted by "X, Y & Z" and so on. Often they string togheter a long excuse for why they lost... and they often complain for a long time.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 03:15:53 AM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 03:20:13 AM by Dsvaun »
Yeah that does suck, though the faulty controller isn't heard of.  I myself had a piece or something break off inside it and cause the R2 button to get jammed if you didn't shake it loose.  My cousins controller was sticky, and I MEAN sticky, like he spilled maple syrup over it and was too lazy to clean it.

Oh crap off topic, lets see.  When I discovered the joys of online games such as Warcraft II and starcraft, I had no idea what I was in for.  On one hand you have people who quit two seconds prior to you winning, making it IMPOSSIBLE to get an actual win instead of a draw.  I can't even finish a fucking match these days.  On the other, there were people who tried to make YOU leave the games by saying the sickest shit you'll ever hear.  One guy tried coming off as a pedophile.....and it worked.  Eventually someone beat him and shut him up I think.  Not sure how I did in the end.  I think I lost since I left the game for a good thirty minutes to eat dinner.  Actually I wasn't very good at that point so I probably lost either way.  It gave me a crash course on how people on the internet are assholes.....with the exception of people on this site of course.  And this was at least 6 years ago when I just got the internet.  Not exactly the best way to start.
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 11:18:33 AM » by LGB I hate footsoldiers
Those that don't know what they're doing. Sure, I don't know the best strategy to tear through the 17 maps of ファミコンウォーズ on 200IQ difficulty, but at least I know what I'm doing and I have some sort of strategy.

The people that don't know what they're doing give me a headache because I have to sit there for an hour, explaining every little thing about the game and have them still no get it. I hate excessively long tutorials in video games, and they aren't any better in real life. I should only have to explain 5 minutes worth!

tl;dr: If you don't know how to play, you'd better start learning now. I've only got patience to explain an Ikaruga-length tutorial, not a Pokémon length one.

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 02:55:40 PM » by Dogs_Chase _Me
I hate the kind that convert to Islam when they lose; then proceed to continually smash your genitals with the Al-quran.  Not that this ever happened to me, but seems plausible.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 07:36:17 AM » by Fnord
*blinks* That... made no sense at all! I have been hit by a bible once, but never a Qur’an. And why would converting to Islam make a person hit you with one?
IP Logged

(Read 4040 times) [1]
Jump to: