weird gb pirate crap

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Weird GB pirate crap

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11043 Posts, 545 Topics, 780 Members, Latest Member: jnmoors01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 4031 times) [1]

Weird GB pirate crap
« on: August 14, 2008, 07:24:40 AM » by KingMike
Some Chinese pirates ported FE3 (or maybe it is BS FE. I never could get the real one to work) to the GBC.

I found this under a few names: "BS Fire Emblem Akaneia Senki B", "Mo Shou Zheng Ba 3", and "New Shining Force".

Final Fantasy - Unlimited Saga
Some RPG using FF graphics. Decent job for a GBC game.
I also found "Metal Max", but it looks like it was made from the same engine (it has the same music. MM is also retarded slow when it comes to saving and loading. Speed key is a must! :D )

IP Logged

Re: Weird GB pirate crap
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 11:40:32 PM » by Chibi Kami
I've got better, though I don't have pics at the moment; Chinese pirates ported SRW F to the GBC. I can provide pics on request.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 09:01:14 AM » by threetimes
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 09:24:05 AM by threetimes »
METAL MAX has been translated?!?!?!?!?!?
Yippee!!!!! XDXDXD.

I don't care if it's slow or whatever other problems there are. I've been waiting for ages to get my hands on a translation of that game.

In fact, just did, and although it's recognisable and playable the gibberish makes all interaction a bit hard to fathom.

http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=huntersofficemetalmaxpp5.png
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 09:23:03 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
How's that a translation? o_O

The buttons make sense, mostly (Alight?), but the conversation text doesn't.

If I remember correctly, Metal Max Returns is a remake of the first Metal Max, so what really needs to be translated is Metal Max 2 (or the GBA port) and the recent DS game. :P
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 03:05:25 PM » by KingMike
I"m guessing that's a screen of Gideon's translation of MM for NES, before he decided it was too hard and quit. As I recall, it didn't do much more than translate the menus and replace the font.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 06:07:34 AM » by threetimes
How's that a translation? o_O

The buttons make sense, mostly (Alight?), but the conversation text doesn't.

If I remember correctly, Metal Max Returns is a remake of the first Metal Max, so what really needs to be translated is Metal Max 2 (or the GBA port) and the recent DS game. :P

Yes, it isn't really a translation at all. :(

And yes, it's basically the same game as MMR, which is the only reason I was able to make any sense of it at all as the first town is recognisable.

I would love MM2 to be translated, but I think Liana mentioned something about that and it might happen one day?

As for the DS game, that is completely different again. I tried to play it but with no knowledge of Japanese I couldn't even work out how to get out of the first building. Apparently you have to wash your hands or something.

Anyhow I'm waiting for that one to be translated as well. Xd

IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 10:30:46 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
I couldn't even get past the main menu. xD

Oh, and by the way (horribly off-topic), check your Backloggery. :P
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 10:12:06 PM » by threetimes
Just did. XD.
IP Logged

(Read 4031 times) [1]