a simple request

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: A simple request

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10987 Posts, 530 Topics, 743 Members, Latest Member: brbrafns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 2968 times) [1]

A simple request
« on: August 25, 2008, 05:25:55 PM » by Adamjirra
And no, not for a ROM, sheesh, I know better.

Anyways, I'm in the process of losing a great deal of weight, and to commemorate the time when I finally look decent enough, I wanted to cosplay for an upcoming convention/possibly halloween for shits and giggles. The person I want to? Shiren. Thing is, Google fails me and has no decent pics of him to use as reference, so I was wondering if the good people of AGTP would happen to have any decent images of him that isn't box art lying around in the recesses of their hardrives, and if so, can you spare some, I don't want to resort to /v/ >.>

Thanks in advance. And I'm posting it now because I think if I got a good pic, it's going to take me a while to gather materials to make a costume that does justice. If I can't do justice to Shrien, then I won't go though with it.
IP Logged

Re: A simple request
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 06:23:22 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
This is what I used for the site's title banner. Doesn't really help, but...

I've got some manual scans around somewhere. I'll try to dig them out.

If I may inquire as to your method of weight loss? Call me curious :) It's nice to see a success story when it's failed for so many people.

IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 08:16:12 PM » by Adamjirra
First off, thanks Gid, it's a different perspective than what I was finding, so I can probably see some use out of it. and what I have been doing, for at least the past, oh...six weeks is pretty much an routine consisting of walking my dog for 15 minutes, then an hours worth of DDR, followed up by some weight lifting and other random assorted psychical activities, and mostly watching what I eat, most time went to either school or my writing, keeping my mind preoccupied from wanting to snack on something bad, and Courage, Hard Work, and Guts. Lost 30 pounds in that six week period, I'm aiming for 50 more gone by December, if at all possible.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 08:49:50 PM » by Dsvaun
Wow...., that actually sounds doable.
I'm currently living by myself for the first time for college so I honestly wanted to start to lose weight or at least not gain 80 lbs while I was here.  Doesn't sound too difficult except I'm currently too poor to afford the DDR, or my own PS2 for that matter.  Right now my wieght loss plan is the Living Single and eating minimally plan.  Its easy but not fun or reccomended, all you have to do is have enough money for rent and not much else.  I'm currently weighing less than I have for at least a year or two, but of course the hard part is keeping the weight off.  It sounds like you won't have to worry to much with how much you have lost.

It's funny.  When I was in high school one of my goals during my freshman year was to lose enough weight within a year to be able to cosplay at an anime convention.  Unfortunately, that plan fell through the floor four years straight.  It's nice to hear that you'll be able to do it.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 09:06:52 PM » by Adamjirra
I think the hardest part of this project is finding the rainhat. I don't know where I am going to find one without resorting to the internet that is that big...
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 09:18:19 PM » by Chibi Kami
Congratulations on your lost weight, but there's something you should know:

Losing 30 pounds in 6 weeks is a rate of 5 pounds per week (simple math, not my point).

Losing more than 3 pounds per week means that your excess tends to be lost muscular mass, which isn't at all healthy to lose.

Try to pace yourself or you'll find that you're too weak to hold your future skinny self up.

Anyway, good luck getting the rest!

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 09:28:51 PM » by Zaratus
Hmm, that reminds me of a piece of Shiren art I saw, by the same guy who did the artwork for Aquaria.  Hmm, lemme see if I can dig that up on his site...

Doubt it'll be very useful, but here it is anyway:

http://www.derekyu.com/?p=212  (psst, scroll down)

Umm, and here's a boxart.  It's umm... yeah. 

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/65/Shiren_cover.jpg

Ahh, and here:

http://software.filefront.com/Mystery+Dungeon+Shiren+the+Wanderer/;7083;/software_information.html

Umm, ignore the FPS screenshot, and scroll down to where there's some pretty nice artwork. 

Japanese boxart:  http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/68839/fushigi_qjpreviewth.jpg

Also some decent images here:  http://www.rpgamer.com/news/japan/mb060508.html

Gotta scroll down about 3/4 of the way down to get to magazine scans for Shiren. 

Hope some of that helps.
IP Logged

(Read 2968 times) [1]
Jump to: