glory to all smt fans!

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Glory to all SMT fans!

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10858 Posts, 503 Topics, 689 Members, Latest Member: Vick

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 3791 times) [1]

Glory to all SMT fans!
« on: September 12, 2008, 01:31:21 AM » by Adamjirra
IP Logged

Re: Glory to all SMT fans!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 02:43:01 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Free to play?

Hell, I may actually get on that one at some point.

Though Jack Bros > *

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 03:46:29 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Yes.

Now I just need to get my real computer fixed...

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 05:10:39 PM » by Keiseth The Mimic
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 05:19:16 PM by Keiseth »
The fact that it's set between SMT 1 and SMT 2 really interests me. The graphical style sort of reminds me of Digital Devil Saga, however... particularly the love of hexagons (see the pattern where the witch-girl is standing.)

I have a feeling it won't keep the religious implications of the SNES titles, of course. I wonder WHERE it takes place? The look seems to suggest Japan, but that CAN'T be it if the time line is accurate.

Ah, according to Wikipedia: Beware of Shin Megami Tensei 1 spoilers, by the way...

...SMT 1 spoilers ahead.

Quote "In the game, Tokyo was destroyed in 202X and the survivors began construction of a massive tower, Shinjuku Babel. In this post-apocalyptic world, demonic forces run rampant and it is the player's job to defeat them. Players are given the option to be in one of three groups: Law, who try to preserve the system and bring it back together; Chaos, who try to break the system; or Neutral, freelance mercenary types."

... end spoiler block.

It says that no subscription fee is required, but says nothing about an initial cost. It apparently uses the micro-transaction system for certain items.

Fun Edit: I noted a part of the HUD in the screenshot. It apparently maintains the moon phase aspect. Could be fun, I'll be keeping an ear open for a release date, even thought I doubt I can run it.

!! Important Edit: System Requirements found! This is from when it was in Beta, so, you know, pile 'o salt.

Source: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/games/shin_megami_tensei_online_imagine/guide_part1.php

Minimum:
  XP / Vista
  Pentium 4, 2 GHz
  512mB RAM
  GeForce FX 5800 / Radeon 9800, etc, 128mB VRAM
  2gB Hard-drive space.
  1.5mB + DSL

Recommended:
  XP / Vista
  Pentium 4, 3 GHz
  1gB RAM
  GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800, etc, 128mB VRAM
  2gB Hard-drive space
  1.5mB + DSL
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 09:07:07 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I might actually play this.

IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 12:35:24 AM » by Chibi Kami
Two words: NO FAIR!

First, the Mother 3 team hits beta, then satsu finishes up the Hourai High script, Gemini announces a final release date for Persona 2: IS, and now this?!!

If this is released soon, I'm going to have a complete pleasure overload and my brain will fry!

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 04:19:55 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Two words: NO FAIR!

First, the Mother 3 team hits beta, then satsu finishes up the Hourai High script, Gemini announces a final release date for Persona 2: IS, and now this?!!

If this is released soon, I'm going to have a complete pleasure overload and my brain will fry!

I can see what you mean. I think I'll join you if that happens.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 03:56:36 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
I checked out one of the forum topics made by the guy apparently in charge of the localisation. In the topic, he's basically sayin' that they need help translatin' stuff and people whom know Japanese and are Megaten Savvy would be helpful. The benefits of which would include guarenteed inclusion to the closed beta,  some free Aeria Points (Basically their cash-shop currency) and somethin' else I don't remember.

So yeah, just mentionin' that here for any whom might care to give it a run.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 02:19:58 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
So no one's gonna volunteer?

Or is no one sayin' they will?

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 02:37:31 AM » by jolly_old_saint
How many of us do you think speak japanese? >_>

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 04:12:46 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Enough to give some kind of regard to the post I made.

I'd like it if Ian Kelley did the translation for Imagine, but I'm somehow not inclined to think that wish will come true.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 04:39:22 PM » by satsu Back against the thin wall
It's not really a great deal they're offering -- monopoly money for a job that would normally earn you a few thousand dollars? Yeah, no thanks. It's pretty shady, actually.
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 02:48:59 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
The offerin' is lousy, sure. But let's face it, if someone from here did it, then there'd actually be a good translation for certain. Not to mention it'd be out quicker.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 11:32:00 AM » by Speaker59
I'll apply for this tomorrow, if only to see if they'll reply.
IP Logged

(Read 3791 times) [1]
Jump to: