The Pantheon
June 01, 2020, 09:03:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardest games ever  (Read 45575 times)
Dsvaun
Cleric

« on: October 18, 2008, 08:42:29 PM »

Recently I heard the Megaman 7 remix of Ghost N Goblins.  Along with it came memories of the HARDEST game ever.  I don't even think I beat the first stage.  What is a game you've played that was comparable(okay, bad word to use with this game) or at least difficult enough for you to suppress the memory of it?
IP Logged
Word on the Wind
Sentinel
Cleric

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 09:42:40 PM »

I've finished I Wanna Be The Guy with no real issues and I never got frustrated.

Can't say I find there to be particularly many games that are difficult enough to discourage me from playin' 'em without some kind of stupid design flaws bein' involved.
IP Logged

I miss my signature.
abandonwareguru
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 04:21:09 PM »

Touhou. Probably 07 - Perfect Cherry Blossom. That whole series is insane.
IP Logged
AmineHsu
Initiate

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 06:22:14 PM »

RE: Arle
On what difficulty?  Impossible?
IP Logged
abandonwareguru
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 07:28:28 PM »

Hard or Lunatic. I'm pretty damn good at arcade danmaku games, and most Touhou games can give me a run for my money on Normal mode.
IP Logged
Word on the Wind
Sentinel
Cleric

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 10:33:42 PM »

RE: Arle
On what difficulty?  Impossible?

Hard. I could do very hard if I felt like it but I'm too occupied with other games now.
IP Logged

I miss my signature.
Fertfreak
Initiate

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 07:50:58 AM »

I would have to say Fester's Quest for the NES. If you die, you start over from the beginning. The only difference is that any bosses you beat stay gone.
IP Logged
Derek
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 08:57:54 PM »

I gotta say, Gaiares for the Genesis is pretty friggin difficult, even if you cheat and use the T-BRASTER. The third level is damn near impossible without precise pinpoint perfection at dodging traps. Having the best weapon in the game is meaningless when the level itself is what kills you.

And while I'm on the subject of Genesis shumps, Thunder Force. Enough said.
IP Logged

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
JayBee
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 12:28:06 AM »

Mmmm, Gaiares.

Third level is the one with all the satellites at the beginning, right?
IP Logged

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Derek
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 06:06:04 AM »

That's the second level. Third one is the hyperspace looking one.

I've actually gotten better at that game over the years. I used to just be able to count the number of times I even got THAT far on one hand.
IP Logged

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
Chibi Kami
Beta Tester
Deacon

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 01:36:53 PM »

In the shmup genre, I'd say Radio Zonde and it's sequel, Hellsinker, are the hardest I've played. In Radio Zonde, the last boss is so inasane that you'll need every one of your infinite lives to beat her.

In other stuff, um... I'd say Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, because Nintendo seems to have forgotten the definition of the words "control scheme," and instead made the game control entirely with the stylus. This is equivalent to playing Zelda with a mouse.
IP Logged

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
Sume Gai
Bishop

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 02:25:48 PM »

In other stuff, um... I'd say Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, because Nintendo seems to have forgotten the definition of the words "control scheme," and instead made the game control entirely with the stylus. This is equivalent to playing Zelda with a mouse.
except it's not nearly that bad
IP Logged

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
Andrew
Bishop

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 02:27:56 PM »

I found Actraiser as one of the hardest games that I've played. It's still great, just tough.
IP Logged

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
Derek
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 06:08:15 PM »

Actraiser. Where God getting his ass kicked is merely the start of the adventure.
IP Logged

JayBee
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 08:53:00 PM »

So... it's Diablo?

I nominate Tempest 2000.
Partially in hopes of encouraging more Tempest love.
IP Logged

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: