hardest games ever

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Hardest games ever

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 763 Members, Latest Member: lahmndras01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 29232 times) [1] 2 3

Hardest games ever
« on: October 19, 2008, 12:42:29 AM » by Dsvaun
Recently I heard the Megaman 7 remix of Ghost N Goblins.  Along with it came memories of the HARDEST game ever.  I don't even think I beat the first stage.  What is a game you've played that was comparable(okay, bad word to use with this game) or at least difficult enough for you to suppress the memory of it?
IP Logged

Re: Hardest games ever
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 01:42:40 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
I've finished I Wanna Be The Guy with no real issues and I never got frustrated.

Can't say I find there to be particularly many games that are difficult enough to discourage me from playin' 'em without some kind of stupid design flaws bein' involved.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 08:21:09 PM » by abandonwareguru
Touhou. Probably 07 - Perfect Cherry Blossom. That whole series is insane.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 10:22:14 PM » by AmineHsu
RE: Arle
On what difficulty?  Impossible?
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 11:28:28 PM » by abandonwareguru
Hard or Lunatic. I'm pretty damn good at arcade danmaku games, and most Touhou games can give me a run for my money on Normal mode.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 02:33:42 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
RE: Arle
On what difficulty?  Impossible?

Hard. I could do very hard if I felt like it but I'm too occupied with other games now.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 11:50:58 AM » by Fertfreak
I would have to say Fester's Quest for the NES. If you die, you start over from the beginning. The only difference is that any bosses you beat stay gone.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 12:57:54 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I gotta say, Gaiares for the Genesis is pretty friggin difficult, even if you cheat and use the T-BRASTER. The third level is damn near impossible without precise pinpoint perfection at dodging traps. Having the best weapon in the game is meaningless when the level itself is what kills you.

And while I'm on the subject of Genesis shumps, Thunder Force. Enough said.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 04:28:06 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Mmmm, Gaiares.

Third level is the one with all the satellites at the beginning, right?

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 10:06:04 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
That's the second level. Third one is the hyperspace looking one.

I've actually gotten better at that game over the years. I used to just be able to count the number of times I even got THAT far on one hand.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 06:36:53 PM » by Chibi Kami
In the shmup genre, I'd say Radio Zonde and it's sequel, Hellsinker, are the hardest I've played. In Radio Zonde, the last boss is so inasane that you'll need every one of your infinite lives to beat her.

In other stuff, um... I'd say Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, because Nintendo seems to have forgotten the definition of the words "control scheme," and instead made the game control entirely with the stylus. This is equivalent to playing Zelda with a mouse.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 07:25:48 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
In other stuff, um... I'd say Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, because Nintendo seems to have forgotten the definition of the words "control scheme," and instead made the game control entirely with the stylus. This is equivalent to playing Zelda with a mouse.
except it's not nearly that bad

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 07:27:56 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
I found Actraiser as one of the hardest games that I've played. It's still great, just tough.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 11:08:15 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Actraiser. Where God getting his ass kicked is merely the start of the adventure.

IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 01:53:00 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
So... it's Diablo?

I nominate Tempest 2000.
Partially in hopes of encouraging more Tempest love.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 29232 times) [1] 2 3
Jump to: