aggf arc 3 & 4

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF arc 3 & 4

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 759 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 214464 times) 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 61

Re: AGGF arc 3 & 4
« Reply #555 on: January 22, 2009, 06:24:51 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
There is one exception to that penelty. If you are doing an infinite enemy rush, the inifinite energy setting is approved, due to the idea that you're just trying to see how long you can last. There are other limitations, however. No Super Robots (i.e. the Val Kai) and certain weapons are blocked as well if you are doing both.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #556 on: January 22, 2009, 07:08:46 AM » by alaras
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:03:42 AM by alaras »
"There shouldn't even BE an infinite energy code!  You guys have sick minds!"  Matt left, more confused and frustrated than before, and headed for his quarters, trying to figure out how to deal with the enemies he'll have to face, as well as what to do if his guess about his mom was right.
IP Logged

« Reply #557 on: January 22, 2009, 12:12:31 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
~Simulator~

*One of the technicians on duty notices the argument and stands next to Andrew*

Techie: Uh, he IS aware the Strike E's got an operational time limit, right? Even with the upgrades over the original version, it's not fusion-powered or anything. At most, he'd have run out of power and crashed around the time he was finished with those Zaku IIIs. Especially with the way he was doing it.

Operator: *Walks up* Didja see how many hits he took, too? He was probably using the 10x health cheat, on top of it. I'm surprised the baseball game didn't kick on too.

Techie: Ah, we took the baseball game off for awhile, while someone updated it. Something about adding a quarter-kilometer tall mech with a baseball bat. *Shudders* Hate to see the poor sap who sets THAT one off.

~Aoi Tsubasa Bridge~

Derek: *Watching a security recording on his console*...Hmm.

Haruka: *Still working* What's the video of?

Derek: That big white son of a bitch that worked over the base while we were gone. It's got a drill knuckle and a Zankantou....and if I didn't know any better, I'd say that horn on it's head could probably be used as a weapon if you were stupid enough to get close.

Haruka: *Pulls up the recording on her own console*......Yeah, that looks offensive, alright. This thing looks similar to a Grungust in design.

Derek: *Nods* At first, I thought about mentioning that to Ash, but take a look.

Haruka: *Watches the part where it regenerates*.....That's not a TLI design.

Derek: Yeah. *Clicks the recording off* Well, if it comes after us again, we should at least have a little bit of a clue what to expect now. Hopefully.

Haruka: *Goes back to working* Hopefully. I hate it when we have to depend on that.

Derek: That's life. Oh yeah, how's everything else going?

Haruka: We've got most everything taken care of. The guys on the drone line have managed to put a few more together, and we had the five Lions you stole transfered off the Akagane.

Derek: Did someone do what I asked and actually went looking through GINN Canyon to see if any of them were still good?

Haruka: A few can be put on the line, but they'd need to be tuned up first. I've already had them start working on it.

Derek: *Nods* Good. They may be fodder, but if we're not using them for parts, we're gonna use them for something. Did you ever track down that roster?

Haruka: Finally. I'm working on it now.

Derek: Excellent. Let me know when it's ready.

Haruka: Aye aye.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #558 on: January 22, 2009, 02:04:38 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Haruka: *Stops typing* And done. Finally. This is as good as I'm going to get it without a raise.

Derek: Duly noted, 004. Send it out.

Roster Update:

-those marked with a * are sealed
-those marked with a ~ are commonly used by others

(PCs)
Arc Gurren-Lagann-Gideon Zhi
Gundam Double X – Sume Gai
Dunbine - Tyria
Hyaku Shiki - ChrisABlair
DeathScythe Hell - Derek
R-1-Andrew
R-2 (Powered) - Basterd King
R-3 (Powered) - Ianator
R-Gun (Powered) - Chaostic
MP Nu Gundam - Dsvaun
VF-25 - JayBee
V2 Gundam - Sakura77
(Sword/Launcher/Aile/IWSP/Noir) Strike E - Archer
Grungust Type 21 - Ash

(NPCs)
Fei-Yen - Fuyume
Cybuster - Masaki
GN Flag F - Michael
GN-X x2 - subordinate 1 & 2
Dinah - Kima
Gundam Alex - Haruka
VF 22 custom - Shara
Fenrir - Citan
Zaku II (Axe Form) - Kintaros

Battle ships:
Duragreiz - Nahal Argama Class - Bright Noa

SPD-1 ~
Z Gundam
Weltall(GSS) ~
ZZ Gundam
Huckebien 008X
Huckebein Mk-III + Mk-III Boxer Frame ~
AM Gunner ~
Gundam Kyrios ~
Queen Gundam ~

Metatron - Archangel Class - Murrue Ramius

Gespenst Mk-II S
Gundam Dynames
Infinite Justice

Akagane - Space Naoh class(shirogane bow) - Jamil Neate

GaoFighGar
R-Blade*
Freedom*
Destiny*
Blitz*
Lancelot
G-Sword
Gawain*

Aoi Tsubasa - Downsized Minerva class - Derek Zerus Barona/Haruka Nagamoto/Alexis Kitashira

Alteisen (Blue)
Valsion Kai ~
Shining Gundam ~
Wing ZERO*
VF-1J (BW)*
GM-R -Damaged-

HQ - Base defense forces
Lion F x10 -Remote controled/AI drone units-
GINN x5 -Under maintainance-

Extra Gear
G-Falcon
Tesla Drive
Mega-Bazooka-Launcher
Boosted Hammer
Graviton Launcher
GN arms (type E)

(with Tallis/in space)
GX-bits(x6)
Exblau

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #559 on: January 23, 2009, 05:13:40 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
(OoC: Style revision 3! I'm trying out a more traditional writing style. It seems more suited to more elaborate posts. Not sure if I'll stick with it. Depends on how it feels.)

Jaybee was laying back on the bed in his quarters fidgeting with his PDA, when his computer terminal began buzzing, alerting him to an incoming hypercomm call. Rolling out of bed, he stepped over to the terminal and brought up the call. Seeing the freckled woman on the other side of the screen, he suddenly wished he'd let it roll over to the answering machine. He really wasn't feeling up to this right now.

"So what's everybody's favorite nomad up to these days?" Carol asked. In spite of himself, the corners of Jaybee's mouth curled upwards just a tiny bit.

"Not a lot. We're planning a raid on a DC base in Russia. I'm reviewing what intel we have on the area. And that joke still isn't funny."

"I saw your mouth twitch. It's funny, and you know it. "

"I'll never admit it."

"Fair enough. So... how are you?
Her voice carried genuine concern, a far cry from her usual light-hearted banter. Jaybee flashed a smile as he replied.

"Never better. It's a laugh a minute down here."

Carol threw an angry look down the comm signal.
"How long have we known each other, Jay? Even if I COULDN'T read a calendar, I can see right through that pathetic mask. Drop the bullshit now."

Jaybee considered pressing it a bit longer, then decided it was futile. She was right. They'd been friends far too long for him to fool her without a LOT of preparation. Letting the grin slide from his face, he looked her in the eye as he replied.
"Honestly, not half as good as I expected to be. I really thought it'd be different this year."

"Because you caught Rodriguez?"

"Yeah. I thought maybe I could put it behind me now. But..."
He hesitated, unsure how to put what he was feeling into words.

Carol picked the sentence up after a moment.
"But it's not different. The people you loved are still gone. There's still a gaping hole in there, and Rodriguez sure as hell won't fill it."

"Yeah, I think that's it. Where'd you pick that up, anyways?

Carol glanced around for a moment, then back at the screen.
"Batman." she replies, a little sheepishly.

Jaybee blinks, unsure he heard her properly.
"Batman?"

"Batman."

And Jaybee laughed. It felt good, and striped some of the gloom off the day.
"Thanks. I needed that."

"I wasn't TRYING to... ah, whatever. I'd come by and share a drink if I could."

"It's okay. I'm good. By the way... where's Mike?
Jaybee asked the question that'd been on his mind since the first video frame came up. The two of them have come by every year, in person if they could, via the vidphones if they couldn't. Teleconferenced, even, for that brief period where they'd all been serving in different units.  But they'd always been together.

"He said to tell you he's sorry. Something came up at the last minute. He tried to get around it, but he just didn't have any option this time. He'll call as soon as he can."

"No hard feelings. If he can't make it, he can't make it. I understand."
Jaybee understood. He was out on an operation. Apparently one that couldn't wait for a day or two. Never a dull moment for a Phantom.

Then something clicked. The way Carol phrased that... this had happened before, and that they'd made the time anyways so they'd be there when he needed them. And for the first time, he understood exactly how much they'd given him. How often and how far had they bent their schedules to get those few minutes together every year? And how could he ever begin to repay them? 

"Carol... "

"Jay? I think we've got some interference. You don't sound too good."

And then Carol blinked as she saw something totally unexpected..
"Hey, are you c-" and then she stops. Regaining her composure, she starts over. "Never mind. Just some video artifacts. We've DEFINITELY got a connection problem here."

Jaybee smiles, knowing perfectly well that it's not artifacts, and appreciating that Carol's left him a way out.

"Yeah. I think you're right. Carol? Thank you. For everything. And Mike too. Tell me as soon as he gets back, please. "

"I will. You sure you're all right?"

"Yeah. Better than ever. And I mean it this time."

"You DO mean it, don't you? Well, all right. You know how to reach me."
And with that, she closed the connection.

The vidscreen faded out, but Jaybee just sat there for a few moments, thinking.

He'd known Mike from his first days at the academy, when they'd been assigned the same room. Carol'd shown up a little later, but not much. The three of them had rapidly become close friends.

And when a madman dropped a rock on Savara, they'd been there for him. God knows he'd tried to push them away, push everyone away. And they'd given him space. But they never gave up on him. They were there for him, they'd helped him find his feet again. And they'd been there for him every year since then, when that date rolled by on the calender and he got moody again.
They were better friends than he probably deserved, and he swore he'd start living up to that friendship.

How had they all wound up together as Phantoms, anyways? It was such an absurd coincidence, but none of them had ever once questioned it. It just seemed right. Had it been fate?
And then Jaybee laughed.
"Must be something wrong with me. Getting all emotional is bad enough, now I'm considering destiny as a real force? I better get me some fresh air."

Jaybee headed into the restroom, washed his face, then headed out to the mess hall, PDA in hand. Grabbing a meal to go, he headed outside to eat..

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #560 on: January 24, 2009, 12:38:54 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
*Waking up*

That was a good nights sleep. Today's going to be great. No idiot coworkers trashing the place for a week, no jobs that I have to do today, and I'm ready to cut loose and have a little fun today.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #561 on: January 24, 2009, 12:42:21 AM » by TheTenderizer What is a flan?
OoC: Although it's true that the traditional writing style seems more "professional", you can describe just as much with script-style format if you desire, and are not really as held to doing so if you do not (it doesn't look as bad when not describing every hair on someone's body while they speak when in script).  One of the reasons I decided to come here is that script-style was permitted; it generally makes for better dialogue and much quicker writing in general, as well as a lack of ambiguity in terms of who's being referred to.

Also, abusing script format for fun and profit is really easy.  It's personal preference, really, but I find a looser format is much better for collaborative writing (and isn't that hard to switch over if you want to reformat it into a manuscript-style story so you can actually show it to someone and be all up on them about how it's EPIC and they'll never read it anyways).  

Also, I don't know where the base Lemon is at is, but I'm just going to assume it's not Russia.

(Underwater, the Zaku-3 zooms about the shoreline with a serious lack of grace by the propellers in its feet.  The mostly-green mech is stiff and fairly awkward looking, as if it is the clown of the three-mech circus that is the Getter Zaku.  Don't ask who is the strongman, and who's the bearded lady, and when you're going to get to see the elephants - I won't deal with that sort of talk, young man.)

Seripa: Can't you drive this thing any faster, Lo?

Lorando: Negative.  We're at the maximum safe velocity of this unit.

Seripa: Bu-

Tenma: You don't want to drive over the maximum safe velocity in Zaku-3.  The Tim Ray circuit can only do so much when dealing when a thermonuclear Getter Ray controller.  An' don't go bugging private Lorando when he's driving.  He gets really into it.

Seripa: But I'm bored, sir.

Tenma: Oh, wow.  When you signed up for the military, did you think you'd be actively engaged all day?  That the first goal of the armed forces of the republic of Zeon was to ENTERTAIN you?  I'm so sorry that we're not up to your standards, maggot.

Seripa: Jeez, just sayin'.  What do you do to pass the time, sir?

Tenma: If I'm with piloting with professionals, who shut up once in a while?  I like to do some thinking, rookie.  Failing that, I read a book.  Maybe if you read the instruction manual, you wouldn't lose to a short-range unit one-eighth our size.

Seripa: Th-that was!  

Tenma: You're quick, rookie, but you're not using your head.  Up is down, here; Bigger doesn't always mean better.  This is getting to be an old unit, too... it's powerful, but it's not as sturdy as I'd like it to be.  

Lorando: Sir!  We're getting a low-frequency aquatic transmission!

Tenma: What's it-

Lorando: It says to head to these co-ordinates which are not to be discussed out loud!

Tenma: Well, that's closer than our initial meeting point, and it seems the others have changed course.  Do the same, private.

Lorando: Aye-aye! (spins a wheel)

Seripa: Who do you think that is, boss?

Tenma: Probably those Neo DC chumps.  We can only hope they don't screw this up again.  They're in no position to be defending ANYTHING from space aliens, I think.

Seripa: It doesn't look like it's on land, proper.  Maybe it's a nuclear submarine!

Tenma: Shut up and read the manual, rookie.

Seripa: I can't find it.

Tenma: Check the glove compartment.

Seripa: You're joking, right?

Tenma: Yeah.  I don't care what you do, just keep quiet.

(Some time later, in the Neo DC hangar...)

(Tenma, Seripa and Lorando are with the rest of the Getter Zaku pilots - surrounded by Lemon and Neo DC soldiers with high caliber assault rifles)

Tenma: Reception at gunpoint.   Maybe there's some hope for these DC guys after all.

Lorando: Oh man, I knew I should have become an engineer like dad.

Seripa: Chill out, Lorando, we're with the Corporal.

Tenma: Actually, it's fine to piss yourselves, we're at gunpoint.  But keep your composure - you're soldiers, after all.

Seripa: Gee, thanks. (Seripa covers his face with one hand, twiddling his fingers anxiously) I wish they'd just shoot us already.

Lemon: Pilots of... whatever that machine is.  Would the senior officer step forward, please?

Lorando: That's you.

Tenma: No, that's the sarge.

Seripa: She said SENIOR.  You're at least ten years older than the s- (is punched in the face) Uwarhgh...

Tenma: Don't remind me, rookie.  (Stepping forward and cracking the knuckles on his left hand) Over here, miss.

Lemon: Come with me, you're going to answer some questions.

Tenma: Same to you.

(Lemon leads him along a number of sterilized corridors which become more and more futuristic-looking, until they enter a small, plain room with a desk.)

Tenma: Hm... Really '10s interior.

Lemon: This will do.  Now, what are you and your intriguing little robots doing here?  Who are you working for?

Tenma: This is a surprise.  Since our reception was so smooth before, I figured everyone knew we were coming.  We're here to work with the Neo DC - judging by the fact that you called us here, and that the soldiers out there have DC on their sleeves, I thought we'd gotten to the right place.

Lemon:  I'd think you were spies, but truth tends to be stranger than fiction... and no one in their right mind in this universe would ever make that suit you have out there.  It intrigues me... you'll have to let me take a look at the technology.

Tenma: It's survived more wars than you can imagine, miss.  You're free to look, but if you take anything apart we have to charge.  We've got our reasons for helping Earth-2, don't you worry.  By the way, we were told you have the facilities to communicate directly with other universes - we'll need to get communications officer Fury in on that.  He looks like a Dinosaur, but no one's perfect.

Lemon:...Quite.  Our technicians and facilities are at your service, uh...

Tenma: Corporal Tenma.  Call me Ten.  What's your name, and more importantly, are you single?

Lemon: Sorry handsome, but I'm not interested.  Tell the technicians that Lemon sent you.

Tenma: Shit.  Worth a try.

(Meanwhile...)

Seripa: Hey, Lo, has anything seemed... really wrong to you?

Lorando: You've been acting really weird.  Even more than usual.

Seripa: I don't know... it's like everything's wrong about this place.  Something deep inside me keeps telling me that.  Earth-2 is wrong.

Lorando: It's something out of a sci-fi book, alright.  You're not an R-Type, are you?

Seripa: I don't think so... I think this is different.  Black Technology.

Lorando: You're probably just overthinking things.  Wait, what am I saying?  You've never overthought anything in your life!

Seripa: There's a first for everything.

Lorando: Your issues aside, I have a bad feeling about all of this...

Tell no one
IP Logged

« Reply #562 on: January 24, 2009, 01:13:03 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Sume Gai

Preparations were finally complete;.the group would be heading out very soon.  As such Gai was making his way towards the Akagane when he spotted Andrew, someone who he had a message for

Gai: "hey Andrew. Domina Called a little while ago said she wanted to speak to you. You should probably call her back on the way there"

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #563 on: January 24, 2009, 01:16:55 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
*Hanging his head in exasperation*

I knew I was tempting fate by saying what I did this morning. I'll call her in my quarters on the ship.

Thank you, sir.

IP Logged

« Reply #564 on: January 24, 2009, 01:39:35 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
(OoC: We don't have a formal writing style. Long as it's legible, and some people have trouble adhering to even that rule. I'm just experimenting with my own style a bit, partially because script conversation feel awkward to type, for me anyways. I'll probably only use this for special occasions, but I wanna get some practice in. )

Roving the halls, Jaybee found Shara. "Hey, about earlier..." he began.

"I'm not in the mood for your antics. Take it somewhere else." she snapped back.

"I know, I was being a nuisance. It's been a rough day."

Shara blinked. "Masaki was right? "

Right about what?" Jaybee asked, confused.

"Never mind." Shara said, while contemplating Masaki's unexpected insightfulness.

"So... " Jaybee prompted. "Wanna hit the sims and start some snow-combat practice?"

"Knowing you, a blizzard's probably going to blow in as things start to get interesting." she muttered in reply.

"No, no... the blizzard is what MAKES things interesting." he shot back with a grin.

"You know I'm in no matter what insanity you throw out there, right? I need to unwind, and blowing you up sounds like a good way to do it." she replies, just a hint of humor in her voice.

"Versus match, then. Sounds good. What kind of mechs you want?"

And the two walk off, bouncing ideas back and forth.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #565 on: January 24, 2009, 02:13:54 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 12:19:13 PM by Andrew »
In his quarters near the comm unit

(To himself) Better get this over with.

*Making the call* This is Andrew from the AGGF making a call for Domina of the Elements. Are you there, Domina?

On the viewer, a young looking girl with pink hair and a bubbly personality answers

Seraphita: Hiii, Andrew. I'm sorry, but Domina's busy right now. Do you want me to take a message?

A: No, but do you know what she wanted to talk to me about, at least?

S: She said something about an enemy, but I can't remember.

A: Are either Talone or Kelvina there? And if they are, can I talk to one of them instead?

S: No, I'm sorry. Kelvina and Domina are working on some project together, which is why she isn't here either, and I have no idea where Talone is.

A: Just pass on my message when you see Domina, all right?

S: Ok. Bye bye.

* After ending the call* I want those last ten minutes of my life back please.

IP Logged

« Reply #566 on: January 25, 2009, 04:27:13 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
"You don't look very happy, Captain."

I just checked the weather. There's a blizzard over the target coordinates and we're headed straight into it.

"Oh, right. You don't like cold weather."

Cold weather, I don't like. I HATE snow.

"Sorry. Anything I can do to help?"

Turn the heater up a little, please.

"Will do."

In the meantime, let's see what we're gonna do here. Hey Commander, what's our plan for this mission, anyway? We haven't put much thought into our mass destruction lately.

IP Logged

« Reply #567 on: January 26, 2009, 11:13:03 PM » by Ash Rudel aka Blackjack
 Cold eh. Well thats not that bad. (looks as Derek and Haruka give him a look) Don't worry I'm turtle free at the moment. (crosses his arms) He's grounded for a while. That reminds me. (reaches into his pocket and throws a blue scarf at Derek) Had one lying around so figured why not. Beat the cold and look threating at the same time.

Obachan said this.....My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.
IP Logged

« Reply #568 on: January 27, 2009, 12:36:08 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Ah, a scarf to go along with the duster jacket, large opaque visor, and full-length arm gauntlet. How do I look, 004?

"The scarf and duster are billowing in the wind."

That is correct.

"We're INSIDE."

Also correct.

"How in the HELL are you--"

What can I say? I know how to strike a pose.

IP Logged

« Reply #569 on: January 27, 2009, 12:52:56 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Jaybee walks up and speaks. 

"Blizzard, huh?  That's good."

Seeing the looks tossed his way, he hurries to clarify, before someone hits him.

"Think about it. We know exactly where they are, and they have no clue whatsoever where we are, or even that we're coming. We have the advantage. "

Jaybee's grin is that of a predator closing in on it's prey.

"Now crank the ECM up and start prepping for low-visibility combat. Oh, this is gonna be FUN."

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 214464 times) 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 61
Jump to: