aggf arc 3 & 4

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF arc 3 & 4

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11021 Posts, 539 Topics, 763 Members, Latest Member: ioev

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 243943 times) 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 61

Re: AGGF arc 3 & 4
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2008, 08:23:05 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
We've got an R-Blade in storage somewhere, as well as a Hyaku Shiki and a bunch of Gundams.

http://agtp.romhack.net/pantheon/index.php?topic=173.0

I think the collection here is more or less accurate. Missing a few toys, like that Grungust chief mentioned. And I seem to recall us having a GINN stockpile somewhere, but... you don't want those. Nobody does.

The Wildasterisks and the Giganscudo were returned to their creators.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2008, 08:35:35 PM » by alaras
After reviewing the inventory, Matt found something that tickled his fancy.  "I know it sounds odd, but can I have that Huckebein 008X?  It's got all the agility I need, and enough firepower to satisfy even my need for easily accessible destruction.  If not, I'll take that unused Mk.III instead.  One person does NOT need to be assigned multiple craft at the same time, and if you need me to take a mission in a different craft, I won't object, but I really would prefer a Huckebein or that Valcion Kai."
IP Logged

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2008, 08:39:38 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
not quite most of those were either sealed or given away (those with the *)

but I guess the 008X is fine; keep in mind it's pretty much the mark III frame around an upgraded Black Hole Engine.

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2008, 08:42:23 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Hands off my Val Kai. I still haven't even finished getting it modded into an even GREATER force of horrible destruction than it already is. Besides, with both of my normal Gundams currently being fixed up, I need to have SOMETHING in reserve.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2008, 08:46:54 PM » by alaras
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 08:54:59 PM by alaras »
"Alright.  Sounds perfect.  Nothing like a Black Hole engine to make an enemy wish he was never born.  I can live without piloting a Valcion, but if that Huckie's ever out of commission, I may consider it or one of the other overpowered mechs."
IP Logged

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2008, 09:48:27 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Fresh meat, eh?

Name's Ian. I'm the pilot of R-3, along with Andrew in the R-1 and the very hard-to-find Bastard King in R-2. My specialty is the All-Range Attack - once the R-3 Powered's T-Link System is finished with maintainence expect me to remote-control anything and everything that can use Striker Packs. Yes, even the Skygraspers.

Now that I think about it, who has the R-Gun?

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2008, 09:51:30 PM » by alaras
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 10:02:01 PM by alaras »
"Matt Archer.  I'm the guy who plugged that creepy psychic girl in the red mech.  Maybe you know something bout why she was only targeting the Weissritter?  After all, the creepy girl piloting that mech definitely had SOME sort of psychic-like ability, but we could talk later about that.  I'm piloting the Huckebein 008X for now, since I have to send the 22 back to the museum ship that owns it, way out on another spiral arm."
IP Logged

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2008, 10:02:15 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Maybe something she said got caught in an extremely improbable wormhole and got heard by that red mech's pilot as an extremely offensive insult? Excellen can be a tad insensitive every once in a while.

(Ha ha hah. Man, I love that book.)

IP Logged

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2008, 10:13:39 PM » by alaras
"She used telepathy specifically to tell me not to interfere.  I think there's more to her than we think, and you're trying to cover something up.  Either that, or you don't want to admit your suspicions if you don't know."
IP Logged

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2008, 10:26:52 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
*After reaching her room Sakura sets up a call to her family*

Maid:"May I ask who is calling?"

It's me, is anyone free to talk?

Maid:"I'll see please wait."

*A few minutes later Aria and Nadesico show up*

N:"About time you called we were getting worried."

A:"You look tired shouldn't you be resting?"

I'm fine just a little worn out from 3 fights in a row along with Kina getting heavily damaged.

N:"It takes a lot to damage Kina, any idea who attacked you?"

Only idea is that it was a black machine with a large sword.

N:"Never heard of such a machine, we'll try to look into it for you."

A:"You think you can visit?"

No I'm afraid not, we're headed to the far east then I don't know. If possible I'll try to visit but, we just ran into 2 new sets of bad guys and I get the feeling that more are coming.

N:"With Dinah out of action, you might need another machine to use you need one?"

We have enough stuff here that's lying around. If I need something I can grab it. You can't be too picky during battle besides I can't think of anything in particular anyway.

A:"I'm sending you the tapes of my performances that I have done since you left."

Thank you I'll watch them after I get some sleep. Good bye you two.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2008, 10:40:19 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Honestly? I really have no idea. Records from the ATX team show they've encountered the organic enemies before, but the red mech's only appeared twice so far.

The pilot, apparently a young girl, spoke to everyone once and seemed to contact Excellen and Kyosuke telepathically the rest of the time. I probably didn't hear during this last battle because I wasn't anywhere near her.

IP Logged

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2008, 11:01:04 PM » by alaras
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:03:39 PM by alaras »
"If only Kyosuke and Excellen have been contacted directly, then the two of them must have a common link to her.  I somehow doubt that she'd be random in any way.  I only got one message from her, and I hope she heard my reply!  Next time, I punctuate it with a shot from the Black Hole Gun!  By the way, where are those two?  I need to grill them and see what info they can give me on that mech.  If nothing else, I can always train against them."
IP Logged

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2008, 11:15:21 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 01:23:10 AM by Sume Gai »
the 008X doesn't have that anymore but it's got a 4 barrel Black Hole Cluster when docked with it's AM gunner system.

I'll show you how the thing works in a sim later.

and Excellen already left for the moon.

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2008, 12:46:36 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
After reviewing the inventory, Matt found something that tickled his fancy.  "I know it sounds odd, but can I have that Huckebein 008X?  It's got all the agility I need, and enough firepower to satisfy even my need for easily accessible destruction.  If not, I'll take that unused Mk.III instead.  One person does NOT need to be assigned multiple craft at the same time, and if you need me to take a mission in a different craft, I won't object, but I really would prefer a Huckebein or that Valcion Kai."
Hey! Hands of my Huckey 3! I've already told you it's mine!
I'm fairly laid back about most things, but don't even JOKE about stealing my mech!

We've had problems with this before. I regularly rotate between mecha, and I've had my plans shot when someone jacked my plane out form under me.

I can't say I actually USE the Stampede much, but it's private property. Was a gift from a close friend. One of the few I have. So don't touch it without asking.

And sorry chief. Thought we could get the unsealed mechs out if we needed 'em.
Some day when I'm bored, I'm gonna review our logs and figure out exactly what we still own. I think we lost some stuff in the armory somewhere.

But for now... c'mon Shara, let's hit the sims. Time to go play with the Gunbuster.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2008, 02:11:25 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
~Aoi Tsubasa~

Masaki: *Looking around* You know, this ship looks a lot smaller from the outside.

Derek: Most do. The joys of disproportionate spacial engineering.

Masaki: Thanks for the tour, by the way. Things have been so hectic, I'd totally forgotten about all this.

Derek: Yeah, well, I figured we could both use the unwinding time. Besides, I've been gone from this ship for a long time. I needed to make sure everything was still in place.

*With that, the two of them enter the hangar bay. Of the twelve--count them, twelve--spots available for docked machines, a good few of them are occupied. The Val Kai, Alex, Fei-Yen, and Alt are set up in various spots near the two launch catapults, while the Wing Zero sits in the back next to two other mechs.*

Masaki: This, though. I dunno if I should be impressed or not. A lot of room, sure, but you're using most of it.

Derek: Makes you glad we're still docked with the 'Greiz so we can use their parking space, huh? Astronage's working on Shining and 'Scythe, so they'll be over here once he's done. I might send the Alt back once I'm done earning that easy cash from Jay, but other than that, we're already over half full.

Masaki: Sheesh. Glad we've got the Akagane. I swear, Space Noahs have pocket dimensions on them. They've got your Lion Fs on that thing, D.

Derek: Nice. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to hear that those things weren't just lost to the sands of time.

Masaki: *Looks around* Hmm. Wait, I remember seeing a third catapult from the outside. It's not connected to this hangar?

Derek: *Nods his head up towards a door about halfway down the hangar* Private catapult. The Minerva blueprint had it in as some kind of private hangar, presumably for the best mecha on the ship. I'm not using it right now.

Masaki: Right. So, let's take a look at these things. Did you get the Val Kai unsealed?

Derek: Yeah, about ten minutes after we got back. Typical, huh?

Masaki: Completely. The Alex looks like it's taken a couple shots, but nothing big. The Alt.....man, that thing looks wierd with that paintjob.

Derek: Yeah, I'll admit that. A blue Alt almost seems like we should be expecting it to be evil or something. I'm thinking about a slightly different color scheme before the next fight.

Masaki: Might be smart. And the Fei looks....a lot better. Everything except that arm looks fixed up.

Derek: Yup. That self-regen function works, it seems. Fuyume'll be out and kicking ass with the rest of us by the next fight, I'd wager.

Masaki: Glad to hear it. So, let's take a look at these three down here. *Starts walking down towards the other mechs, stopping in front of Wing Zero* Man. This thing doesn't look messed up at all.

Derek: Alexis probably fixed it up while we were gone. This thing wasn't damaged that badly just from me fighting it.

Masaki: Great. So, what's the theme here, besides blue?

Derek: Arranged chronologically, from first to last.

Masaki: *Looks up at the first one, a VF with a mostly white paintjob, with the wings completely of the standard Derek color* So you really do have a Valk, huh?

Derek: Yup. My old VF-1J. It's how I first got my nickname, too. Back then, Spacey was kinda tightfisted about supplies when it came to mercenary jackals. Ammo, parts, you name it, they usually made you pay for it yourself. I didn't have the money to pay for a full coat of paint, so I just had them paint what they could and make it look decent. You see the result.

Masaki: Your tax dollars at work. So they gave you the name?

Derek: No, actually, there's another story behind that one. The next mission they sent me on was to help root out one of those neverending groups of anti-government terrorists that always seem to exist for the sake of justifying a strong military force. I was pissed off that day and trying to score as many kills as I could so I'd have enough left over to get the rest of the Valk painted. So, I'm on kill number eleven or so, when some guy on the terrorist's side of the radio pipes up, telling everyone to "aim for the one with the blue wings"! Next thing I knew, it was open season on my ass.

Masaki: Ouch. What'd you do?

Derek: Missile spam. I got an easy six or eight more kills before I ran out of ammo and had to get out of there. It turned out all for the best. While they were convinced I was a new UNS ace pilot or a vet of Space War 1 or something, the army managed to blow the hell out of the enemy base. After that, I decided to leave the paint alone and took the Blue Wings motif with me.

Masaki: And the origin story of "Blue Wings" Barona is revealed to the world.

Derek: Yeah, it comes out like that. It's still a pretty decent story.

Masaki: Yup. So, that explains the Valk, but what the hell is THAT thing doing there?

Derek: THAT thing, as you so eloquently described it, is the first Mobile Suit I ever piloted.

Masaki: But it's a....it's a.....

Derek: Yes, I know what it is. Go ahead and say it.

Masaki: It's a blue frickin' GM!

Derek: Yes. It's a blue colored GM. Not a GM II, or a GM Command, but a standard, original One Year War model GM. And it's the first MS I ever used.

Masaki: Wait, wait. You went from a Valkyrie to a GM and considered it an UPGRADE? Explain how that one worked.

Derek: You ever tried keeping a VF fully armed without a major military force backing you? I have, and it's not fun. They at least gave SOME discount for ammo when I was exclusive to them. A mercenary force off doing it's own thing? Pssh. I've been mugged before and still felt less screwed, financially. Long story short, it got to where it actually cost less in the long-term to buy an almost totally wrecked GM from a junk dealer and restore it ourselves than to keep using the 1J. The political climate of the time certainly helped. Spacey was starting on it's way out at this point, and the EFA was moving back towards the "pure" end of the giant robot spectrum with the development of the PTs. Pretty much anything a GM would use could be found on a Gespenst anyway, so it wasn't hard to outfit it at all.

Masaki: Wow. That's some fun trivia, actually. How much of a difference IS there between a GM and a Gespenst, anyway?

Derek: Not as much as you'd think. From base specs, I'd give it to a Gespy in a fight, but even one of the next level GM models could give it a match. Anything Nemo and up could take a Gespenst MkII M easy, Jet Magnum or no. Kinda sad, when you think about it. I give the Gespenst line a lot of crap, but you really do have to suck if you're near-par with a GM in base performance.

Masaki: Oh yeah, I almost forgot you hated GMs. Wait, you hate GMs, but you like this one. What?

Derek: One, it's been modded about as far as we can take it without just tearing it down and building it back up as a GM II. Two, it's the first Suit I ever used. Don't you ever feel sentimental about the first mech you ever piloted?

Masaki: A little, but Jaohm isn't a total piece of crap compared to everything else out there. Cybuster just happens to be that much more badass. But I get your point. So, you drove around in this thing while spreading your own personal brand of chaos throughout the universe?

Derek: Hardly. Like I said, even if it was my first suit, I think GMs are crap. We got ahold of some Nemos after awhile, and I eventually got my hands on a Jegan. None of those are still around, sadly.

Masaki: Right. Alright then, moving on. Wing Zero.

Derek: First Gundam I ever drove. Last suit I piloted before the Blue Wings broke up.

Masaki: Yeah, we heard a lot of that during your fight with Rena. So, how much of all that was true, anyway?

Derek: I'm having Alexis seal this mech and give me the only access code to it, then I'm gonna leave it here and let it rust. That enough of an answer for you?

Masaki: Just about. I won't say anything else about it, then. No need for angst at this point.

Derek: Thank you, Masaki. Now, c'mon. Let's see if we can go find Alexis somewhere. I still need to introduce you two.

Masaki: *Shrugs* Might as well. Let's go.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

(Read 243943 times) 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 61
Jump to: