aggf arc 3 & 4

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF arc 3 & 4

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11018 Posts, 538 Topics, 758 Members, Latest Member: FelicaBoel

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 240803 times) 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61

Re: AGGF arc 3 & 4
« Reply #540 on: January 19, 2009, 05:04:26 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Jaybee is standing in the hanger, chattering as Shara tunes her VF-22. She is currently on the left side of the nose, removing a panel. He is leaning against the boarding ladder, and generally being a nuisance.

Whatcha think I should ride into Russia?

"Against Lions and Gespensts? We should probably all fly Balls, just to make it a fair fight."

That sounds like an extremely good-

"-example of sarcasm? Because I'm mocking you. If you want to commit suicide, by all means do so. Just don't expect anyone else to join in."

Sheesh...

"Now quit making jokes and start getting ready like everyone else."

Snapping the access panel closed, Shara ducks under the plane and starts inspecting the front landing gear bay.

I should take the Stampede, just to be different.

"You did that last time."

Doesn't count.

"It's not my fault if you crash that thing trying to fly it in an atmosphere. Now remind me why we haven't thrown you out an airlock."

Because I'm not JUST some idiot that runs his mouth incessantly!
I got the skills to pay the bills!

Shara glances to the side for a moment, then moves like lightning.  Snapping a foot out, she catches Jaybee's leg and pulls it out from under him, then slides out from under her Sturmvogel and presses a hand into his shoulder as he tries to regain his balance, sending him crashing to the floor.  Planting a knee on his chest, she looks him straight in the eye.

"I. Am. Busy. Find someone else to annoy if you refuse to do any actual work."

Standing up, Shara moves off to mess with something on the aft of her plane.

What's with the attitude today?

Jaybee flips backwards, rolls, and stands up, then dusts himself off.

For the record, my stuff is all taken care of. And I really can't figure out what possible preparation your plane needs.

As Jaybee wanders out of the hanger. Shara rubs her forehead.
"De culture... How can one person POSSIBLY be so irritating?"

Masaki: "Yeah, he's not really in character today. And you're being unusually harsh."

Shara jumps in surprise.

Shara: "When did you get here?"

Masaki: "Just a few minutes ago. I'd say I was admiring the view if I didn't think I'd wind up in the medbay."

Kuro: "He got lost again, meow."

Shara: "Figures. Cybaster's in a different hanger. On a different ship, even."

Masaki: "I was getting that impression. I think he's compensating for something, and not in a manly sort of way."

Shara: "No, he's just being annoying. And I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that last part."

Masaki: "What ARE you doing to your mech, anyways?"

Shara: "Making some minor cold-weather adjustments that don't really need doing and getting away from annoying people that chatter incessantly."

Masaki: "So he's been bugging you all day? No wonder you're irritable."

Shara: "And what exactly is THAT supposed to mean?"

Masaki: "Exactly what it needs to. I think I'll head out now, before you do something I'll regret."

Shara: "Right. Get someone to guide you to your hangr this time."

Masaki: "I seem to get lost a lot more often when you and Jay are talking. I'm sure I'll be fine once I'm out of earshot and someone else is writing me."

Shiro: "I'm not, meow..."

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #541 on: January 19, 2009, 06:21:51 AM » by alaras
"Jay, I never said I thought the pilots were human, but the outline of the ashes was in a humanoid shape.  The motions and parameters were way higher than any AI designed so far, and their reactions were too fluid.  I'm not necessarily calling them androids or something else, either.  Just saying that they probably did have pilots, just not human ones.  I can't explain why I'm so certain, but that answer feels most correct.  If it is an AI, then it's so far above and beyond any previous one as to revolutionize the field.  I don't think they're that capable."
IP Logged

« Reply #542 on: January 19, 2009, 10:04:03 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
~Tsubasa Bridge~

Derek: *Has been sitting in his chair quietly reading reports for awhile, contemplating."....Hmmm.

Haruka: *Doesn't turn to look as she works* Something on your mind?

Derek: Just glanced over some of the work schedules. Hmm...

Haruka:.....*Sighs* Just tell me who you want to open a channel to. The more you think about things, the less you do about them.

Derek: Fair enough. Patch us through to the Duragreiz.

*A minute later, Bright appears on the viewscreen*

Derek: Hey, Bright. How're things going?

Bright: *Nods* Derek. The last reports just came in. We're ready to go at any time.

Derek: Yeah, about that....

Bright: ? What's wrong?

Derek: I want the Duragreiz to stay here. Send whoever's going to Russia with us over to the Akagane.

Bright:....Are you sure?

Derek: Yeah. Wouldn't be a smart move of us to send all of our forces out when this base seems to be a fairly hot property. I'd like to know we've got someone watching the HQ so we can come back to it later. And besides, after all the crap that's happened to the 'Greiz lately, you guys could deserve a break.

Bright: That's awfully nice of you, Derek. I assume my request for us to get actual shore leave isn't going to be approved.

Derek: *Claps his hands together in front of him* Sorry, Bright. The NDC screws things up for everyone. As soon as things settle down, okay?

Bright: *Sighs* And this is one of the reasons I left the Federation. They expect us ALL to be workaholics...

Derek:....That hurts, Bright. It really does.

Bright:...Sorry. *Sighs* I really do appreciate it, Derek. God knows we could use some time off from this....

Derek: It's settled, then. Kick the freeloaders off onto the Akagane, and we're leaving the base command in your hands.

Bright: *Nods* Roger that. Duragreiz out.

*As Bright clicks off the viewscreen, Derek sits back in his chair and sighs*

Haruka: That WAS rather generous of you, especially after the Federation remark. I expected you to tell him off.

Derek: Nah, he's just irritable. I saw his request for leave RIGHT before Van made his speech.

Haruka: So you decided to try making it up to him?

Derek: If possible.

Haruka: You're getting mature in your old age, Derek.

Derek: Thanks. Make me feel special, why don't you.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #543 on: January 19, 2009, 03:21:51 PM » by ChrisABlair
I could probably pilot Noir... IWSP too. Just give me a couple of hours in the sims and I'll be good to go!

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #544 on: January 19, 2009, 04:46:11 PM » by Ash Rudel aka Blackjack
Ash soon walks out of his room back in his normal outfit. Throwing his scarf over his shoulder he makes his way to the hanger. He stands in front of 21 with his arms crossed looking it over, before glancing over at the Zaku A.X.E. He pulls his goggles up from his neck to rest slightly above his eyes.

Ash: Kintaros?

Kintaros: (appears beside him) Yes Ash-sama?

Ash: Make sure to stay close during this fight, ok.

Kintaros: Are you worried Ash-sama?

Ash: Just a feeling I can't shake.

Momotaros: (pops his head out of 21's cockpit) Oi, Boy, where you want me?

Ash: You're with my momo.

Momotaros: (hits his fists together) Alright, we're gonna kick some Neo DC ass.

Ryutaros:(appears behind Ash) What about me Nii-san?

Ash: (pats Ryutaros on the head) You stay on the ship and help out Alexis.

Ryutaros: So....Can I go play with Fuyume then?

Ash: Sure.

Ryutaros: (dances around) Yay yay! (runs out of the room)

Urataros: (his voice echoes from Ash's wrist) Ashy-boy...

Ash: Yeah Ura?

Urataros: Sorry about before.(pauses) Can I come out yet?

Ash: No, your still grounded Ura.

Urataros: Damn.

Momotaors: (laughs) Thats what you get Kame.  Besides that girls not your type anyway.

Kintaros: Is she your type Momonoji?

Momotaros: Are you kidding? That girls scaery.(slides back into 21's cockpit)

Ash: Least he was smart enough to say that when she wasn't around.

Kintaros: Hai. (bows) I will go double check Outlaw-sams's gift Ash-sama.

Ash: (leans againsts 21) Alright Kintaros. (looks back over at the Zaku) Got to keep Grandpa's mech in working order after all.

Obachan said this.....My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.
IP Logged

« Reply #545 on: January 19, 2009, 05:13:34 PM » by alaras
"Same here.  I've never piloted a mobile suit like that before, so I'd better learn the controls before tomorrow.  Most of my work's been with VFs and the occasional Lion-series, Guarlion, or mass-produced Gespesnt.  The Aile's more suited for close, mid, and melee, right?  Looks like I'll have my work cut out for me..."
IP Logged

« Reply #546 on: January 19, 2009, 09:08:24 PM » by ChrisABlair
I used to be a fighter pilot long before I piloted mecha, but I never flew one of the SDF's fancy Valkyrie fighters. Ah, I'll pour my soul into piloting Noir!

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #547 on: January 19, 2009, 09:27:56 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Astronage: *Walks up* Hey Chris, the Commander let you use the Hyaku Shiki a few days ago, remember? We finished the re-adjustments for it. I'd stick with that for now, if I were you.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #548 on: January 19, 2009, 09:50:14 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Hm. No love for the Strikes, it seems. Now to tend to my Flying Brick of Telekinetic Doom...

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #549 on: January 20, 2009, 04:03:18 AM » by ChrisABlair
*turns to Astonage* Ah, you're right! Perhaps I should stick with that.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #550 on: January 20, 2009, 09:19:17 AM » by alaras
"If anyone needs me, I'll be using the simulators with Shara's data loaded into it.  I feel the need to train against a sadist."  With that, Matt headed over to the simulator, inputted the desired opponents, which were around 20 Zaku 3s, 15 Gespenst Mk IIs with flight capabilities and parameters like the ones he fought at his grandfather's place, 30 Lions, two Destroy Gundams, three Hambrabis, and one Valcion Kai, to appear in waves of identical troops, with the Valcion at the end.  As the simulator started up, Matt hoped he could prove himself to be capable of doing SOMETHING to help in the mission.
IP Logged

« Reply #551 on: January 20, 2009, 11:36:24 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:45:11 AM by JayBee »
Suddenly, a red Quedluun Rau appears and starts laying waste to the targets as Shara comes on the comm.

"First off, I wouldn't be caught DEAD in a Zaku. Don't even get me STARTED on those Destroys."

Spinning, the Rau points the guns on it's arm at Archer's mech.

"If you're going to use someone's combat data without asking, load it in the mechs it was gathered for."

Firing the gatling laser, she blow the arm off Archer's mech.

"Second, I'm NOT a sadist. Don't involve me in your sick mental games."

Boosting in close, the QRau rams a fist into the chest of Archer's mech.

"Third you damn well better ASK before using MY logs."

As the battered mech shudders, the chest cannons of the QRau swivel and lock on.

"Fourth, I'm WAY out of your league."

And a burst at extreme close range destroys the devastated machine. The simulator ends and the displays fade back to neutral as Shara heads for the door.

"Thinking you can solo two battalions of meltrandi aces is an insult to me and everyone that died on either side of the war. Load something more appropriate, rookie. Computer, lock my combat logs to my account only."

The door closes behind her, and Archer is alone again.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #552 on: January 21, 2009, 06:10:08 AM » by alaras
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 06:39:47 AM by alaras »
Giving up on that idea, Archer uploaded data he got from his mother's time in the DC for Valcion, leaving the waves unaltered and using data he gathered on these new enemies for the other mechs.  "If I can't use their data, I'll use the best available to me.  I suppose I'll just prepare for my worst-case scenario and hope I don't have to fight my mother."

He reset the simulator, and 20 Zaku IIIs were scattered throughout the battlefield, each fighting to the maximum ability of the mech.  Matt used his Aile Strike's speed and Phaseshift armor to the max, focusing his evasion on beam attacks and making quick slices in the enemy with the beam saber, in addition to firing the vulcans to down a couple of suits.  After about 25 minutes, they were finished.

The Gespensts and ten Lions then appeared, beginning a long-range bombardment.  Matt focused on evading the missiles and getting in closer, but not being used to the controls just yet, a missile pegged him.  The damage was absorbed by the phaseshift armor, and after recovering from the impact, Matt started pegging them with the beam rifle, his favorite trick from his time with UNS Galaxy Patrol, though there he used a head laser or the beam guns on his 22's hands.  Soon enough, the Lions were down, and five of the Gespensts survived for close-quarters.  With the Aile's melee capabilities, that, too, wasn't too much of a problem, as Matt became accustomed to the controls rapidly.

The rest of the Lions showed up, easily beaten by his careful strafing and shooting.  At this point, Lions didn't really seem to pose a threat to him anymore, but he didn't let it get to his head, knowing what could happen next with the Destroys.

Sure enough, the Destroys started off with their incoms, and Matt was hard-pressed to evade the shots, but he managed to use his beam saber to slice off the cables, disabling the best weapon on the Destroy Gundam.  By then, he was close enough to finish them with good strikes from the twin swords, which he gleefully did, starting to laugh a bit maniacally.

That laughter cut short when he got electrocuted by a Hambrabi.  Quickly regaining his composure after being used to what his father used to do to him with a car battery, Matt stabbed the Hambrabi directly in the cockpit, and sliced off the tentacle.  He repeated the exercise twice, as the other two weren't too far away.  All in all, his Aile Strike was moderately damaged from the electrocution, and Matt wasn't in too much pain yet, just exhausted from all the fighting and strongly suspecting that the sim was going easy on him.  That, of course, was when IT appeared.

The Valcion Kai immediately fired off a Cross Smasher, just as his mother would, and it was all Matt could do to get out of the way and return fire with the beam rifle, which missed.  He knew better than to get close, given that hellish Divine Blade that his mother knew so well.  In his mind, he could imagine his mother screaming as he landed a successful hit, even though it did little damage.  It was reciprocated by another Cross Smasher, which Matt couldn't dodge in time.  He took the full force of the blow, and was instantly annihilated.

As the simulator shut down, Matt realized two things.  First, the sim WAS going easy on him, or else he had insufficient data on the enemy.  Second, there was no way he could ever beat his mother in her mech of choice on his own.
IP Logged

« Reply #553 on: January 21, 2009, 09:07:54 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Without any warning, the simulator door suddenly locked behind Archer and started back to life, a bright red message that said the following:

PILOT ENGAGED IN LARGE-SCALE BATTLE WITH TUTORIAL DIFFICULTY SETTINGS DETECTED. ENGAGING PUNISHMENT PROGRAM. NEXT TIME, TRY PLAYING WITH THE INFINATE ENERGY CODE OFF.

What happened next, depending on your point of view, could be considered hilarious or terrifying. As the simulation began, Archer realized immediately that he was sitting in just a cockpit block, surrounded in a large open field by most of the AGGF roster, and could look back and see that the mech standing right next to him was, in fact, a Valcion Kai. The Val Kai picked him up with his right hand and turned towards one of the other groups of mechs nearby.

It was as he was flung and started rolling across the ground at high speed towards the awaiting Alteisen that Archer realized he was about to take part in a game of AGGF Kickball. As the ball.

Several hours later, the game ended, 19-18 in the third set of extra innings, with a stunning final play by the Strike, sending the ball screaming out of the whole park, the fans cheering all the while. It's mission accomplished, the simulator shut off, unlocked, and refused to turn back on again.

IP Logged

« Reply #554 on: January 21, 2009, 10:32:52 AM » by alaras
"Infinite energy code?  I didn't even know that sims came with those.  This is the LAST time I try to use this thing!"
IP Logged

(Read 240803 times) 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61
Jump to: