aggf arc 3 & 4

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF arc 3 & 4

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11018 Posts, 538 Topics, 758 Members, Latest Member: FelicaBoel

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 240784 times) 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 61

Re: AGGF arc 3 & 4
« Reply #645 on: February 04, 2009, 06:08:18 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 08:32:00 PM by Derek »
~Akagane Bar~

Derek: *Messing around with one of the TVs* Hmm. I think I've about got the timing right for the song. Whaddya think, Masa....*Turns around and looks at Andoh*.....What're you doing, anyway?

Masaki: *At the bar, writing on a piece of paper* Working on a letter. We've been so busy lately, I hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Derek: You write letters to people? *Thinks about it again* You write at all?

Masaki: *Looks over* Hey, I might not have much use for an education when all I do for a living is kill things with a giant robot, but I AM educated.

Derek: I didn't doubt you. Much. So, who're you writing to?

Masaki: A penpal of mine who lives in Nerima. He and I have been writing letters to each other for a long time. Hell, I've been getting them since before I even started chasing Shu.

Derek:.....Wait, that would mean....How the hell do letters go from Nerima to frelling La Gias, anyway?!?

Masaki: Never questioned it, myself. It's odd, I've never met the guy myself, but I feel a weird kind of kinship with him.

Derek: For your letters to get back and forth to one another through a dimensional barrier, I think I can see why. What's his name?

Masaki: Ryouga. He kinda freeloads at a martal arts dojo in Nerima. Tends to write about how much he hates this one Saotome guy. I guess he's his rival for a girl, or something. He doesn't actually give a lot of details on it.

Derek: Sounds like a lot of fun. Alright, have fun writing that, I'm almost done with this thing.

Masaki: Sure. Hey, you want me to mention you?

Derek: Only if you tell him I'm an awesome bastard signing your paychecks. Otherwise, I'm good.

Masaki: Sure thing.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #646 on: February 04, 2009, 08:24:07 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 11:54:20 PM by Sakura77 »
-Duragreiz Bar-

Bartender: Did you know that the bar's TVs are set up to receive signals from the Akagane's bar and Aoi Tsubasa?

Who set that up?

Bartender: I'm not sure, though I'd bet money that Derek was the one that set it up.

We should ask Derek if he was the one when they get back. Is there anything on right now?

Bartender: Hey I'm getting a signal!

From who?

Bartender: The Akagane.

I wonder what's on.

As the signal comes in, Sakura orders another round and watches the incoming video on the bar's TV

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #647 on: February 04, 2009, 08:35:57 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:59:05 PM by JayBee »
Jaybee walks in, sits down, and orders some food and a drink.

Hey, Wheel of Fortune! Haven't seen this in ages!

You know, I had a cousin that won 50 grand on this back in the day. He choked in the bonus round. He almost cried as they slid his shiny new sports-hover back offstage. It was hilarious.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #648 on: February 04, 2009, 08:37:21 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:01:01 PM by Derek »
(Sakura, you seriously pre-empted that one. Besides, the Tsubasa doesn't have a bar.)

Derek: *Waves at Jay without looking* Hey. The answer is "There's no place like home." *Stops working as he realizes something* Huh.

Masaki: *Looks up* What's wrong?

Derek: Oh, I just realized there's a piggyback signal on this TV. Hmm. *Reaches over behind the TV and disconnects a few wires* There.

Masaki:....And what did that do, exactly?

Derek: Keeps anyone else from watching this before I'm done with it. Kinda ruins the effort spent in making an awesome video if everyone else can see the raw.

Masaki: Gotcha.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #649 on: February 04, 2009, 11:16:43 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Jaybee stands up and stretches, then heads for the door.

Welp, time to get this party started.

Jaybee strides down teh corridors towards the sim chamber. As he reaches his destination, he finds Shara leaning against the wall.

Ready?

"Always."

Then let's do this. Earth environment, if you don't mind. I'm not quite ready to take the Boxer out in a low-G or null-G setting.

"Sure. Not that it matters."

Damn right. I'm gonna beat your ass so hard you can taste it.

"Talk is cheap. Computer, load my VF-22 and Jaybee's Huckebein with Boxer frame. Environment similar to our last operation. No AIs."

Computer: "Simulation configured."

"Begin."

Jaybee and Shara settle into their virtual cockpits.

Ten second count fine?

"Computer, begin ten-second countdown."

Comp: "Ten. Nine. Eight.

The computer counts down as the two make their final adjustments.

"... Two. One. Zero. Launch."

The Huckebein's boosters flare as it launches forward and up into the sky. The Sturmvogel's engines send it flying down a runway and into the air equally rapidly.

All right! Prepare to eat metal!

"The only thing you'll be eating is those words!"

That doesn't even make sense!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #650 on: February 04, 2009, 11:36:10 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
~Akagane Bar~

Derek: And almost....almost.....*Checks the video one more time*....Got it.

Masaki: *Watches the test run* Man, I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing that.

Derek: I know I won't. Alright, let's get everyone in here. *Walks over and hits the PA* Attention, everyone. We will now begin showing a very special video recording in the bar, in celebration of our recent victory in battle. Anyone who wishes to see it is welcome to come on by and watch. Due to some minor, ah, equipment issues, I'm afraid the viewing is gonna be restricted to one TV in the bar, so no uploading and watching from your stations if you're on duty. But don't worry, we'll be playing it for the entire trip back to HQ, so you've got plenty of time to come watch. We'll begin the first showing in fifteen minutes, so don't be late! Barona, out. *Turns off the PA*

Masaki: We're holding a private viewing? I thought these TVs are all linked.

Derek: They are, but I'm already using this one, and I don't feel like reconnecting it.

Masaki: You sure? I remember hearing something about signal connections with the other ships, too.

Derek: Hey, if they didn't come with us on this mission, it's their own damn fault they don't get to join in the fun. I don't believe in stealing cable, anyway. They want to see it, they should pay for it like everyone else.

Masaki: *Shrugs* Can't really argue with that. We were the ones who went to the trouble of getting the video. It should be ours to show or distribute as we please, right?

Derek: Exactly. Anyone who doesn't like that can piss off, or carry a camera of their own. Now, let's get ready. This is gonna be a fun party.

Masaki: *Grins* I'll go get the snacks out of the storeroom.

Derek: Good man.

IP Logged

« Reply #651 on: February 04, 2009, 11:56:06 PM » by alaras
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 04:17:24 AM by alaras »
Shortly after hearing the announcement:

"I guess they recorded my ass-whupping.  Let them have their fun.  It's harmless, after all."
IP Logged

« Reply #652 on: February 05, 2009, 02:51:28 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
The Huckebein and Sturmvogel rapidly head towards each other, but before they engage...

Just so we're clear... I can do anything I want as long as I HUCKEY SMASH you before you go down, right?

"The bet was just that you could hit me with the Geist Crusher. Any means necessary. On both sides."

Just makin' sure.

Without another word, the Huckey whips up the gravity rifle and fires two shots at Shara as she drops to GERWALK mode.  One splashes off a barrier disk on the arm shield, the other misses and Jaybee sends his machine into a spin as Shara counter-fires with an arm cannon. She boosts forward to press the offensive, switching to battroid mode and bringing her beam sabers up.

The Huckey boosts away from the first blade and catches the second with it's roche saber at the last instant, then launches the Fang Slasher. Shara spins to the side, releases the sabers, then lunges under the fang slasher with a barrier punch as the swords retract to their storage slots.

The Huckey's gravity wall absorbs part of the impact before it gives, and the fist scrapes across the purple machine's chest armor as the Fang Slasher returns, glancing off the -22's shoulder before docking on the Huckebein's arm. Both mechs boost backwards, placing a little space between them.

Without a word, the Boxer lunges forward, the blade on it's left foot glowing. The VF climbs and shifts to GERWALK mode as the Boxer's right arm comes up, glancing off the skirt armor. A rapidly-repositioned barrier disk absorbs part of the impact.

Shifting back to battroid, Shara somersaults over the Huckey and fires both arm cannons at it's back as it boosts down, splashing against the machine's massive shoulders after piercing the GWall.  The Huckebein spins around and fires the fang slasher, then launches several shots from the gravity rifle while the boomerang arcs through the air. Shara whips up a beam rifle and blasts the fang slasher with her right arm, while using the shield on the left to block rifle shots.
As she blocks the last shot, she fires a salvo of missiles. The Huckebein launches flares and dives for the ground, ejecting the Boxer module and landing on the G Sword shortly before crashing. Some of the missiles detonate on the flare, some crash into the ground after failing to turn, but most stay on the Huckebein's tail, dancing through the air and closing distance from several directions. As fast as he can, Jaybee sends his machine spinning on one foot, fires the head vulcans at the nearest missiles as he gets turned around backwards, and continues the spin, coming back around just in time to pull the surfboard up before it crashes into a wall... and right into the sights of a low-riding GERWALK on the other side.

Leaping foward as missiles crash into the wall and arm lasers arc towards him, Jaybee fires a few more bursts from the gravity rifle, then casts it aside as it empties and the Boxer module wraps back around the Huckebein.

As the Valkyrie spins around and comes back for another strike, it shifts to battroid mode. Firing a full salvo of trace missiles, the Boxer spins around, lands and skids backwards. As countermeasures activate, Shara fires her head cannon and both arm cannons, blasting  missiles coming in from multiple directions.

HEADS UP!

Shara's head snaps upward at this comment, the first real words spoken since the fight began. She'd lost the Huckebein while dealing with the missiles, and Jaybee had brought it back to her faster than she'd thought possible. The head turret locks on and starts firing as the last of the missiles splash against the arm shields, burning armor as the Boxer abandons all attempts at defense and brings it's fists up, clasping them together .

GEIST CRUSHER!!!!!!!!!!

Shara boosts forward and raises an arm, aiming for the mech's shoulders. The glowing fists begin coming down, lasers splashing off the forcefield surrounding them. Shara brings her other arm up to shield against the fists as she continues firing. They crash into the pinpoint barriers on the shield, glance off, then skip across the head module, ripping the laser barrel off and denting the head's shroud, but they fail to score a decisive kill as the Valk escapes, crashing into the snow-covered landscape and rolling for a good distance before stopping against a wall. The two mechs sit still for several seconds, their pilots breathing heavily.

I think.... that counts.

"You... did hit."

Not as well as... I'd like,  but a hit.

"I guess I lose."

End sim.

The snow evaporates into static, then fades away. The two release the catches on their simulator modules, then slowly extract themselves. Jaybee misses as he comes out and staggers for a step before catching himself, then taking a few deep breaths as Shara steps up, looking as sweaty as Jaybee felt..

"The missiles were just cover. "

Bingo. The explosions and your own chaff hid me for a second. Was the best opening I'd get.

"Clever."

You nearly got me. Any more damage and I would've gone down.

"Bah. Should've used both arm cannons at the end."

Now let's go see what that party Derek announced earlier was about.
Jaybee wipes some sweat off his brow and flicks it to the side, then catches a damp towel Shara tosses from near the door and wipes his face properly as she takes a long drink from a sports bottle she brought in.
We can clean up later. After they throw us out for stinkin' up the joint.

Shara laughs, not her usual sharp, derisive laugh, but a genuinely amused one.

"That sounds like as good a plan as any. Now move it. I'm thirsty."

Looking at the clothes he came in with, Jaybee decides wearing their flightsuits a little longer won't kill anyone, and heads for the door, snatching Shara's bottle as he comes near and sucking the last of the water out, ducking as she makes a halfhearted attempt to clonk him with her fist.

Thanks for leaving me some. Surprised that fist didn't move faster.

"I'm in too good a mood right now. That was a good fight."

Jaybee opens the door, then holds it.
Likewise. After you.

The door closes behind the two as they head towards the Akagane's bar.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #653 on: February 05, 2009, 05:09:45 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
((sorry bout the wait alaras))
-Sume Gai-

Gai shook aside whatever was bothering, temporarily at the least.

Gai: "Archer as I'm sure you remember I agreed to delay your sentence from that court marshal earlier.  That grace period is over and I am ready to announce my final verdict on that.  Nothing you have to say can alter what I have to say.  Are you ready to hear it?"

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #654 on: February 05, 2009, 09:28:40 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Derek, can't we do a deal where we make and release a DVD with commentary from the observers and sell it for like 50 or more credits? Proceeds could go towards getting Archer a new brain.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #655 on: February 05, 2009, 11:00:39 AM » by alaras
"Yes, I'm ready, and depending on what your decision is, I may or may not be able to assist you with my information."  Matt didn't say anything else.  After all, he knew he couldn't influence anything, and if found guilty, he wouldn't bother to divulge being contacted by someone claiming to be in the Neo DC.
IP Logged

« Reply #656 on: February 05, 2009, 08:07:58 PM » by Ash Rudel aka Blackjack
After deliverying two tramatic ridder kicks to the resident emo kid, Ash drove arond the ship on his bike getting a few looks from the crewmemebers. Knowing Derek and Masaki, he figured they where in the bar setting up the tv. Zooming through the kitchen and grabing soon food to go, he soon makes his way into the bar, skidding to a stop in the middle of the bar.

Ash: (takes off his helment) Roll that beatiful bean footage.

Obachan said this.....My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.
IP Logged

« Reply #657 on: February 05, 2009, 08:18:12 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Ash, I'm trying to convince them to make a DVD with commentary. Could you help me convince them that it's a good idea?

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #658 on: February 05, 2009, 08:22:25 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Gai: "I had already decided on a verdict before if you recall.  However I was unable to announce it due to your pleading guilty.  I believe my initial verdict was correct."

Gai let archer absorb this before continuing

Gai: "you are innocent of any intentional damages against the AGGF; however you did cause severe damages becuase you acted without thinking.  In addition, you are still childish, you lash out, act rashly, don't listen to advice and simply aren't suited to working in the organization.  

As such I'm hereby releasing you from the AGGF; you may remain here till you recover from you injuries and will be given transport to anywhere you wish within the earth sphere"

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #659 on: February 05, 2009, 08:25:13 PM » by Ash Rudel aka Blackjack
I don't know Andrew. You'll have to talk to Derek on that one. (flashes a peace sign) I'm just the star of this picture.

Obachan said this.....My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.
IP Logged

(Read 240784 times) 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 61
Jump to: