aggf arc 3 & 4

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF arc 3 & 4

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10949 Posts, 520 Topics, 749 Members, Latest Member: nabycoremy

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 214019 times) 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 61

Re: AGGF arc 3 & 4
« Reply #750 on: February 23, 2009, 12:31:40 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
(Hey Jay, this is about as set as my access is gonna be, for awhile. Might as well get going with it.)

~???~

???????: *Sitting at a console in a naturally darkened room, checking reports* Hmm, let's see.....I'd say, by now, he'll have found her out. That'll make the next step easy. Now, let's start arranging the next part..... *A small report suddenly appears on the screen, catching his attention.* What...?! This is.....*Chuckles a bit* I see....*Sits back in the chair* It's all starting to come together, then. I wonder how people will respond to it, this time?

*The man simply continues to laugh to himself, in the dark....*

~Aoi Tsubasa Bridge~

*The mood is definately gloomy on the bridge following the news of Haruka's arrest, as Derek sits brooding in his chair with his eyes closed, while Alexis continues to carry out her assignment along with the others.*

Alexis: *Types a few commands in, then hits the execute button* Okay, engine controls are all clear. Kin-chan, Ryu-chan, have you found anything?

Kintaros: Nothing yet Alexis-chan.

Ryutaros: Ne ne, theres a lot of data to go through. Right? I don't hear an answer.

Alexis: Okay. Keep at it, you two. *Looks over at the screen on the next console* What about you, Fuyume-chan?

Fuyume: *The console flashes pink as a chibi-Fuyume flashes the peace sign* Found one! There's a data watcher in the comm networking subroutines, Alex-chan! Anything we share with the AGGF network gets leaked!

Alexis: Good work, Fuyume-chan! Take care of it, okay?

Fuyume: *Salutes* Hai, Alex-chan!

Alexis: *Hits the comm* Ashi-kun, have you guys found anything so far?

Ash: We found something. We're bringing it up for you guys to look at.

Alexis: Understood. *Turns around and looks at Derek* Derek-sama, we're at about 90% done so far. Should I start working on putting us back on the AGGF network?

Derek:.......*In a sort of heavy monotone, without opening his eyes* Have they checked the entire ship?

Alexis: *Nods* Uh huh.

Derek:........The computers?

Alexis: We're working on it now. *Looks over* Right, Kin-chan? Ryu-chan?

Ryutaros: Why is there so many game-roms on here?

Kintaros: The Strenght of this firewall will make you cry.

Alexis:....Still working on it. See?

Derek:......

Alexis:.....Derek-sama?

Derek:.......Did you check ALL of the computers?

Alexis: *Thinks for a minute* Um.....I don't think I understand the question, Derek-sama. We've been working through the Tsubasa's system, and--

Derek: Laptops.

Alexis:.....*Blinks* Eh?

Derek: Check your laptop.

Alexis: Oh, okay. *Pulls out her laptop and starts it up*

Derek:....Alexis.

Alexis: Huh?

Derek: All the possibilities, and it never occured to you to check your own personal computer?

Alexis: Um.....*Looks away*....No, it didn't....

Derek:.....I'm disappointed. That kind of mistake could get someone seriously hurt, or worse.

Alexis: *Visibly hurt by that statement* D-Derek-sama....

Derek: We're dealing with spies, here, and they don't play fair like the rest of us do. Don't take ANYTHING for granted, do you understand me?

Alexis:....Hai.....

Derek: Good. Now finish up. The sooner we get this done, the sooner we can get the rest of the base cleaned up.

Alexis: *Nods slowly* Understood, Derek-sama.....

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #751 on: February 24, 2009, 04:54:47 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Meanwhile...

The Neo DC are all idiots, he thought as he worked. Bian Zoldark had been a man to respect, but these new leaders were just in it to build their own personal empire.

How many operations had they bungled critically? Or succeeded through mere chance, like the virus fiasco. All their agent had to do was go to a bar and pass a disk on. Instead he jumped in a Destroy to engage in a stupid grudge match and blow his cover. And when the virus infection started against all possible odds, the DC played the tired "explain the entire plan to everybody because they're all going to die" routine.

And they'd been throwing up big flashing neon "You have a spy" signs far too often. That kidnapping stunt was the last straw. The AGGF was getting serious about security. If things kept up this way, he was certain they'd find him.

Of course, what he was doing now would expose him as surely as the DC's bungling, but at least this way he knew that he'd done SOMETHING. And it was on his terms. Since he KNEW something was going down, he knew to get the hell out of Dodge. Preferably before anyone realized something had happened. He was fairly sure his work would go un-noticed until it was too late.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #752 on: February 24, 2009, 10:40:53 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
~Aoi Tsubasa Bridge~

*Not all of five minutes after starting her scan, Alexis lets out a strangled cry of shock and rage, drawing the attention of most of the bridge.*

Alexis: I can't believe it! There IS...!!!!

Fuyume: Whaaaaaa?!?! B-but, Alex-chan, how...?

Derek:.......The virus left it.

Alexis: The virus....? *Her eyes widen as she puts it together* AAAAH!!! So, then, when the Duragreiz was infected, and we tried to open the blast door....

Fuyume: Uwaaaaa!! That mean blob thingie that tried to eat me infected the laptop?!

Alexis: It didn't infect anything, but it left behind a data syphon program. Anything I put on the laptop could be.....AAAAAH!!!!

Derek: Figured it out, I see.

Alexis: So, this is how Kanz-kun knew about the Proto-R....?

Derek: Possibly. Certainly one of the ways he could have gone about it. It shows how far this goes.

Alexis: So, what do we do, Derek-sama?

Derek:.....I think we've gotten far enough that we can put the ship back on the network. As soon as we do, however, I want you to follow the spy program you found earlier and either trace it or shut it down.

Alexis: *Nods* Hai, Derek-sama. *Turns back towards the console and starts typing in commands* We should be back on the network in about five or six minutes.

Derek: *Nods, saying nothing*

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #753 on: February 25, 2009, 05:40:37 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:02:21 PM by JayBee »
In the hanger of Neo DC and Shadow-Mirrors' shared base, Lemon speaks with the caped man.

"The machines are ready. Are you sure you need this many AND the Thrudgelmir in reserve?" she asks, not for the first time..

"If things go wrong, even the Thrudgelmir won't be enough. You saw what they did in Russia."  His voice is flat, as if he's uninterested in the conversation.

"Says the man flying THAT into combat." Lemon gestures towards a heavily-modified GM, and a pair of Balls parked next to it.

"Misdirection and confusion. Your people built it to my specifications, so you know it's not as deplorable as it appears."

"It's still a walking joke. And not a funny one." She scowls, as if her lack of amusement is the problem more than the machine itself, then continues. " In any case, Buchanan is already en route."

As he boards his GM,  the young man stretches briefly before he starts the machine booting."I must say, this body is FAR more comfortable than my old one. I might have to thank that boy before I'm through with him."

The Balls beside the Juggler boost free of their maintainence racks,  docking neatly on the back of the GM.  "Form up into your units and move out." he orders, as he steps forward and out of the hanger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some time later, in the AGGF base....

"Why am I flying the surveillance drone again?" Jaybee asks, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Because everyone has to do some real work from time to time. I thought you were a professional, McQuade." Bright snaps back.

Sighing, Jaybee resumes monitoring the scans. "Yeah, but I never really cared for patrols. And THIS could be totally automated." Flicking the controls, Jaybee sends the drone through a roll and loop, then  continues on with the patrol, when something catches his eye on the sensors. Adjusting the drone's heading, he sends it to investigate.

"You see something?" Bright asks, a note of tension in his voice despite the patrol perimeter being well away from the base.

"I think so. Got an unusual heat signature for a  second there. Headed to check it right... heeeeello."

Bright rises from his chair to come look over Jaybee's shoulder. "What do you have?"

"About 25 mechs. It's no scouting party, but I'll be damned if they can take us with a force like that."

"Probably the same people that sent that Grungust clone after us."

"Ah, yeah. I saw the vids from that fight. What'd the IFF code read as, a Thrudgelmir? You guys got smacked around pretty badly, in any case. I think the people driving that are the only ones in the system justified in underestimating us."

"It.... wasn't our brightest hour." Bright says, a hint of embarrassment in his voice.

"Not much you could've done at the time. Sure we lost a Grungust, but everyone lived. That's what counts. And we'll pay 'em back one of these days. The Thudelmir driver and the virus author both. I'm going for an overflight. Shifting to full stealth mode."

The drone slows down as it's engines shift to a cooler, quieter, and less powerful mode. Jaybee glances at the scans as the drone gets closer.

"Lions and Gespensts, it looks like." Bright notes, reading over Jaybee's shoulder.

"Yup. Fifteen Lions, ten Gesps. That's just insulting, really. And.... there's some kind of one-off in there too. Circling around for another pass. Probably the commander's machi- Is that a white Huckebein? ... No, scratch that. It's some kind of mobile suit. A Gundam Boxer, of all things."

The  Gundam tilts it's head up, it's eyes fixed on the drone. For a moment, Jaybee gets the strange impression that the unseen pilot is looking him straight in the eye  through the cameras of their machines. The illusion collapses back to a mech looking at a flying sensor platform as the Hazel raises it's rifle and fires, destroying the drone. Jaybee leans back in his chair for a moment.

"Well?" Bright asks, breaking the silence.

"We could just ignore them. They're basically no threat. But that Huckebein bootleg rubs me the wrong way. I think I'm gonna go show 'em what the REAL Boxer can do." Jaybee states.

Bright refrains from pointing out that the Huckbein was heavily inspired by the Gundam, instead merely grunting as Jaybee hits the comm panel and calls up the hanger.

"Get the Huckebein ready. I'm headed out."

Astonage's voice comes back over the comm. "Roger." As he disconnects, he can be heard issuing orders to his crew. Jaybee slips out of the recon chair and heads for the door.

"You sure yon don't want a scramble?" Bright asks as the door opens.

"Isn't thirteen to one better than usual in the AGGF?"

"You do have a point." Bright concedes.

As the door closes behind Jaybee, Bright runs the conversation in his head again.
"Weren't there twenty-six of them?" He smiles as he fixes the equation. "I wonder if he realizes he didn't say anything. Well, I suppose where one goes, the other follows."

Tapping the comm, Bright finishes things up.
"Computer, contact Shara Kis'ney. Hello, miss Kis'ney. I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"

Shara pauses the melee simulator and sets her sword to the side.
"Nothing important. "

"Good. You're needed in the hanger. We found a small strike force headed this way. 26 mechs. McQuade's headed out in the Huckebein, he'll brief you there."

"Tell the hanger to have the Gunner module ready. Out."

"I think he's using the Boxer module, actually." Bright says, an instant after Shara closes the connection. "Oh well, she'll find out soon enough."

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #754 on: February 26, 2009, 03:21:04 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
(wherever the hell Chaostic is)

Chaostic: huh....wha...

Voice: Ah our guest has awoken, it's time for more experiments.

Chaostic: Hnnnnnnn AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Voice: Hm...interesting...

(now back to your regular scheduled program)
IP Logged

« Reply #755 on: February 26, 2009, 12:46:11 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Surprisingly Sakura's injuries weren't as serious as first thought,with minimal effort she had healed nicely and was then confined to quarters until further notice. She was surprised by the fact that her sisters hadn't asked about why they were kidnapped yet.

Sakura was sitting on her bed wondering about what her sisters think about her when she heard a knock on her door.

"Who is it?"

Nadesico: "It's us, we want to talk to you."

"Come in, the door's open."

Nadesico: "How are you doing?"

"Things have been better. Any word on mom yet?"

Aria: "No, we were thinking about what happened and we don't care what you did in the past. You came for us and that's all that matters."

"But.." Nadesico: "No buts. I'm sure that Commander of yours won't do much since you haven't done anything bad since you've joined the AGGF."

Aria: "You're our sister. I'd rather you have the experience of making mistakes instead of being gullible."

"I thought you would hate me, I guess I was wrong wasn't I?"

Nadesico: "You were wrong, you think we would give up our sister when we've just got her back? We're keeping you, so don't get any weird ideas."

Sharing a laugh at Nadesico's statement, the three sisters hugged each other and started to share stories about their past.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #756 on: February 28, 2009, 04:21:18 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
(Style Ride! Novel!)

~???~

As the Juggler and it's forces left, Lemon Browning turned around and walked away....only to stop as Vindel Mauser himself stepped out from around the corner, glaring at her.

"I truly hope you don't expect me to actually approve of sending W15 out." He spoke coldly, as if just daring her to suggest it.

Despite the seriousness of the remark, Lemon laughed at it. "Oh, hardly. I wasn't sending him out anyway." She said with a shrug, obviously having expected this. "An obvious ploy like this isn't worth it. I sent Buchanan, that should be enough."

Mauser's glare didn't slighten in the least as he turned around, motioning for Lemon to follow. "Good. We've got more important things to deal with right now than some petty revenge scheme. Colonel Van wants to see us."

"About what?" Browning asked, as she started walking. "He's not starting to catch on to anything, is he?"

"Hardly. Something else just caught his attention." Mauser said as he got onto the nearby elevator. "We seem to have...company."

"Company...." The information sunk in as the door started to close behind her. "Wait, you don't mean...!!!!"

The elevator closed, cutting off the rest of the sentence. From the walkway above the elevator, however, a figure leaning up against the wall chuckled, then pushed off and began down the walk, headed towards an R-Eins on the other side of the hangar. He had a job to take care of, after all....

~Earth Cradle Hangar~

Kanzaki Seiyokaze was making a point of stretching his legs inside the cockpit of his Zephyr. One of the good things about having a Direct Motion Link control system was having the room for it, he supposed. Then again, the self-styled "Rider of the Western Wind" mused, the kind of acrobatics the Zephyr was capable of would probably be nigh-impossible without his complete control. Or at least, he would have mused that, if a beeping sound didn't interrupt his thoughts, just before an audio call opened up.

"Kanzaki. Are you there?" Came the decidedly female voice on the other line.

"Oh, hey Rena. What's up?" He responded, as he finished stretching.

"I believe you still owe me an explanation. Several of them."

"Uh, okay." Kanz said, as he started working on his shoulders. "Which one did you want to hear first?"

"We can start with just exactly what the hell you were thinking, taking on the AGGF by yourself like that."

"Hey, I wasn't by myself." He contended. "I had drone mechs."

"Kanzaki." The reply was short, level, completely no-nonsense, and sounded suspiciously like she was considering hurting him.

"Okay, okay. Sheesh." Kanz finally surrendered. "I thought I could settle things in under ten minutes. I wasn't expecting him to overcharge the mech. Or blow off my hand. Or for the tagalongs to catch up so soon."

"Next time you think about doing something like that, DON'T. I know you're used to working on your own, but I need to know you can follow my orders, Kanzaki."

"Hey, hey." His tone grew just as serious, as he stopped stretching and actually pointed at where the vidscreen would be, if it were on. "This is me we're talking about. You've known from Day One EXACTLY where my loyalties are, and they sure as hell aren't with that bastard."

"....I believe you." Rena said, letting it drop before anything else happened. "Just let me know the next time you're planning something like that. Things could have gone wrong at any time."

"....Yeah. I know." He said quietly, closing his eyes. Fifty men, probably rookies. Fifty men who didn't need to be involved in that mess. That sort of thing wouldn't happen again. Opening his eyes again, he sat down and crossed his legs. "So, what else do I owe you an explanation for?"

"I was curious to know why exactly we're sitting here waiting for an order to launch. All I know is that we were specifically requested for the job."

"Ah, now, that one....." Kanz pondered for a second, rubbing his chin. "....No idea. I was hoping you knew, actually."

An audible sigh could be heard. "Great. So we're both in the dark. That's just perfect."

"Hey, we're getting paid for it." He offered. "And you got a new machine to try out, didn't you?"

"I haven't really gotten used to it yet." Rena admitted. "They just told me I was using this "Ashsaber" on this mission. No other explanations."

"I see, I see."

".....Is something wrong?"

"Not really. Just couldn't think of anything to say in response." He admitted with a shrug. Before Rena could respond, both of their consoles beeped an incoming launch order. "Well, that looks like our cue. After you."

"I suppose. Very well. Blue Luna, Ashsaber. Launching!"

Standing up and rotating his shoulder one more time, Kanz reached over and tapped a button on the console, starting the machine. As he did, he glanced over at an odd item to find in a machine's cockpit: A green-handled naginata spear, similar in shape to the weapon he used in the previous battle. As he looked at it, he grinned. This was going to get interesting.

"I wonder how far we can run with it. Only one way to find out. Kanzaki Seiyokaze, Zephyr, launching!"

IP Logged

« Reply #757 on: March 01, 2009, 02:35:02 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
In the Durageiz hanger...

"Where do you think you're going?" Astonage yelled.

"To get a drink. I'm thirsty."

Astonage tossed a handful of credit chips towards the mechanic standing near the door back to the ship. "There's a vending machine in the corner. Grab me something too. You know better than to leave the hanger during a scramble. Don't try it again. "

"Crap," Richard thought to himself. "If I can't slip out now, I might not get a chance later. Does he know already?" Taking a deep breath, he tried to calm down. "Just relax. No one suspects me of anything yet. If they did, I wouldn't be in the hanger at all... so why is he so jumpy? "
Poking a random button on the vending machine, he grabbed a pair of drinks and headed back to the work area.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in the air...

The Huckebein rides docked to the Gunner module, the G-Sword propped up on it's shoulder. The wind deflected off the large paddle jostles the machines and they rock from side to side.

"Will you put that thing down? " Shara asked, a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Sorry." Jaybee poked a few controls, and the G-Sword swung forward and dropped level, held like an absurdly fat  lance. The rocking stopped, and the pair resumed level flight.

"Now will you explain why we aren't just carpet-bombing them with our Valks?" she asked, resuming a conversation she'd attempted to have in the hanger after finding out Jaybee was using the Boxer frame.

"Because that Gundam offends me deeply on a personal level, and I wanna punch it in the face."

"Fine, explain why I'M not carpet-bombing them while YOU play Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots."

"Because if things go south, I want to have more armor than a VF carries. " Jaybee replied, his voice carrying a rare note of concern.

"What's that supposed to mean? There's nothing but fodder out there."

"Exactly. Someone's underestimating us massively, in which case this is the same force that Thrudgelmir monster belongs to. I think that's the only group that would misjudge us this badly. The other possibility is that this is a trap. It stinks either way."

"And we're waltzing right in, with no support." Shara said with a sigh.

"If it IS a trap, I want to minimize the danger. If it's not a trap.... no harm done. The Thrudgelmir is probably off terrorizing some defenseless battleship somewhere."

"That's true. He DID say he wasn't interested in us after that last fight. We should be in range soon." 

"You know where to drop me."

"Yes, but I don't see an active volcano."

"Funny. Just get me near that Gundam."

"You HAVE considered he might have been placed here to bait you specifically, right?"

"The thought DID cross my mind. But I can't think of anyone with a grudge against me personally. I have visual."

"All right."

As the Lions ready their weapons, the Huckebein disengages from the Gunner and leaps high into the air as the Gunner turns off to engage the  Lions. Swinging the G-Sword down, the Huckey drives it towards the Gundam Boxer with lightning speed.

The Hazel boosts backwards, and the strike misses, smashing a good chunk out of the ground instead, the G'Sword reforming around the Huckebein.

"Good. I was worried you wouldn't put up a fight." Jaybee says, as he brings the Boxer into a ready stance.

On an encrypted comm channel, the Hazel pilot says "Two units, Huckebein included." before shifting his machine to combat mode.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #758 on: March 03, 2009, 07:56:40 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
((sorry to have vanished for so long things have been busy lately and aren't likely to settle down anytime soon))

-Sume Gai-

things were not going well the Neo DC had been on  winning Streak in several theators and many odd mechs began to show up in there ranks to make matters worse Gai had received info from a reliable source that worried him greatly.  As it was though he remained quiet about it and proceeded to make the decisions needed.

Sakura was to be released from holding and left on active duty under watch and it was time for archer to be released as promised Gai would send him anywhere the boy asked within the earth sphere.

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #759 on: March 03, 2009, 08:14:23 PM » by alaras
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:30:18 PM by alaras »
Matt woke up, still achy from all the abuse his body endured.  He went to retrieve the few belongings he had, and made his decision, heading down to the hangar.  "Well, thanks for everything.  Mind dropping off in Belarus?  Got a tip bout a mech repair job there, in (*insert name of town closest to the abandoned airbase here*).  Already made arrangements for when I get there, so thanks in advance.  Still, maybe we should wait until this skirmish is over.  I'd rather not get hit by a stray attack, and I somehow doubt my help would be welcome or helpful right now."  Besides, I'm not exactly in a helpful mood, and I'm betting that spy's trying to bail right about now.  Better not screw him up.
IP Logged

« Reply #760 on: March 04, 2009, 07:58:03 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
While Sakura and her sisters were talking, Sakura received the message from commander Gai and accepted the restriction without complaint.

Nadesico: "We told you that your commander wouldn't kick you out."

Aria: "Are we going to be allowed to stay here?"

Sakura: "If you were going to be kicked out, it would of happened already. Besides commander Gai wouldn't force you to leave unless he had a really good reason to."

Nadesico: "Can you show us around the ship?"

Sakura: "Not right now. I think we should wait until later because there's been some security issues and I don't want to be caught in the middle of that. However we should go get something to eat at the cafeteria."

Aria: "Food sounds nice right about now. Shall we go?"

Tidying up the room, the three leave the room and head towards the cafeteria. In the back of her mind Sakura realized  it doesn't matter where you've been but, where you're going.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #761 on: March 04, 2009, 08:10:40 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Seeing Archer as he's about to leave the base

Archer, I'd like to say it's been a pleasure working with you and you'll be missed. However, It would be a complete lie. Goodbye, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Andrew walks away after that

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #762 on: March 04, 2009, 11:07:01 PM » by ChrisABlair
*In the Earth Cradle*

Egrett: It seems your Tekkaman cells rejected my Machine Cells. What a fascinating body...

Am I a guinea pig or a pilot, Feff?

Egrett:No need to be testy. Just a standard physical exam. I assure you, you are more than a qualified pilot.

Hm. But my body rejected your Machine Cells?

Egrett:Indeed, it seems not all is as I had planned.

Planned?

Egrett: I was intending to set your biorythms with a Bergelmir, but it just won't do.

Got any supers?

Egrett: Excuse me?

Super Robots. I think it would be awesome to pilot one again. Your friend the samurai over there sliced up my Grungust.

Egrett: Wodan Ymir? We are not friends.

*The door opens revealing three military persons, one recognized as Van Vat Tran, and the other two unknown. Wodan stood a fair distance behind the three.*

Van: Lt. Christoph Allen Blair, welcome to the Neo DC.

Colonel, I had the honor of meeting you at the Academy a few years back. You were my instructor in Guerrilla Tactics.

Van: Yes, I remember you. You always were the stuck up hot shot pilot who wondered why fighter pilots needed those tactics. You still passed though.

With luck, sir. Who are your friends.

???: Excuse me, Lt. My name is Vindel Mauser. I'm second-in-command here. This is my subordinate, Lemon Browning.

Lemon: Pleased to meet you, Mr. Blair.

Your last name's Browning? You got a sister?

Lemon:No, I'm afraid I don't. Not after the accident, anyways.

Ah, sorry. I didn't intend to pry.

Lemon: By the way, you're pretty cute. Kinda like Axel.

Axel?

Vindel: Axel Almer, a comrade of ours. Say, Chris, I overheard your conversation... A super robot right?

Correct. I can do so much more in one. 

Vindel: Hm. We may have to custom build one. For now, you are assigned one of our new model Guarlions. Welcome to the Neo DC.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #763 on: March 04, 2009, 11:20:21 PM » by alaras
Matt took the comment, not really caring.  I never really liked fighting anyway.  From the beginning, it was against my will.  Now, at least, I have a choice.  Maybe I did piss them off, and maybe SOME of their ridicule was justified.  Still, there's no way to justify nearly killing me AND deriving entertainment from my near-death experience.  If Dr. Citan hadn't found me when he did, I would have died, and they would have laughed all the way to my funeral/gravesite desecration party.  That Brazillian guy was wrong, though.  I don't want revenge.  That would imply I actually gave a shit about them.  Chris was the only one who even came close to being nice to me, and he's apparently disappeared, if the whispers in the med bay were true.  I'm glad to go, and if Gai presses me on this, I can always remind him that I'm going there to negotiate Mom's release.  Why do I get this nagging feeling that something's going to remain unfinished here, even if I take that weirdo's offer?  Matt boarded the shuttle and took a seat, not saying a damn word.
IP Logged

« Reply #764 on: March 05, 2009, 04:36:47 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
A few minutes after initial contact...

Jaybee smashed a Gespenst, and commented idly. "These guys are boring."

'Cept for that damned Gundam, he amended in his thoughts. I can't even HIT him. How the hell is he reading my moves so well? Even newtypes aren't THAT accurate. And if he's so good, why can't he hit me either? Jaybee started to think back to that moment when the spy drone was shot down, and was interrupted.

"Hey, pick up the pace down there!" Shara yelled as she shot down a Lion.

"What, you can't deal with the last two while I take this fool?" Jaybee snapped back.

"I can, but apparently you can't."

"Then why don't you quit talking and shot someth-oh, was this a private party?" Jaybee asked, as swarms of mecha pour in from two directions, trapping the AGGF pilots in a pincer attack.

Shara opened an encrypted commlink and piped her sensor sweep down to the Huckey on the ground so Jaybee could share  her better aerial view. "About 300 units. Mostly Lion Vs and mass-production Huckebeins, with artillery support  towards the rear. Barrellion Vs and walking tank things. IFF tag IDs them as Randgriths. Some sort of GM variant towards the back. No telling how they snuck up on us, or why they haven't opened fire yet."

"They're probably wondering where the rest of us are" Jaybee replied, then flipped to an open channel. "All this for lil' ol' me?"

"Don't flatter yourself. I expected more than two units." the GM pilot responded.

"Then you should've used better bait, Rodriguez." Jaybee's voice hardened like diamond.

"Surprised to see me?" Rodriguez asked, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Not really. We know all about your fold quartz implant." Jaybee replied, a bit more confident than he felt. Things were never as clear as they looked where the doctor was concerned.

Rodriguez quirked an eyebrow in surprise. "Really? Good thing you didn't figure it out sooner, or we wouldn't be having this conversation."

It felt good to be a step ahead of Rodriguez for a change. Jaybee pressed onward. "And once we're through with you, we're gonna bust up your friends on the Galaxy."

He wasn't sure what reaction he'd expected, but it wasn't laughter.
""HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You people never cease to amuse me."

"Huh?" Jay asked, dumbfounded.

"Even when you're right, you're still wrong. Me and her parted ways AGES ago. She's quite mad, you know."

Nothing Rodriguez was saying now made sense, but Jaybee refused to let his confusion show. "Sounds like a perfect match to me."

"I've never wanted to be a god." Rodriguez replied, his voice back to it's neutral tone. "But let's move onto more interesting subjects."

"Agreed." Jaybee snapped. "Me kicking your ass again sounds like a good one."

"Boy, do you know what breathing hard vacuum feels like? When I'm through with you, you'll be BEGGING for Death to release you."

Well, Jaybee thought, at least I can still get under his skin. That's worth something. He took a perverse pleasure in knowing Rodriguez' death, though temporary, was unpleasant. He wasn't proud of himself for it, but he enjoyed the knowledge.
"If you say so, Eddie. Really, though... a Juggler? I thought even YOU had better taste than that."

"I'm full of surprises. You should know that by now."

Oh, I do, Jaybee thought. I know enough to bet that Juggler isn't exactly the laughingstock I know.

"We take the Huckebein pilot alive.  Got that, Hazel?"

"That's not my name." the Gundam pilot snarled across the open line, for the first time since the battle started.

"Did I ask?" Rodriguez responded. "Just follow the plan."

"Hey, Shara, "Jaybee commented, as the Huckebein's tesla drive lifted it off the ground, "remember that  conversation we had earlier about wall-to-wall carpeting?"

Shara looked confused for a moment, then made the connection. "I'm doing forward compartments, you get aft, right? Should we do all four ships?"

"The Tsubasa isn't our's, so that's only three." Jaybee responded, the Huckebein floating near the Gunner module's rear.

"The Durageiz is so small it may as well be two." Shara noted back.

"We hardly use Metatron, so just make it one." Jaybee commented idly.

"Do you people take ANYTHING seriously?!" the Hazel pilot shouted, utter amazement over-riding his judgment for a few precious seconds.

"Then I guess we'll just skip it all and FIRE!"  Shara shouted, as she and Jaybee squeezed their triggers. The hatches on their machines' missile bays blew open and all their warheads flew out in a single very large volley, taking the enemy by surprise.

Not waiting for the first missiles to detonate, the two whipped away in opposite directions and begin firing. The odds were stacked heavily against them, but if they fell, they were going to take as many of the DC with them as possible. As explosives began detonating, Jaybee noted with very little surprise that the Hazel pilot had recovered fast enough to get clear. 

"Hey, Shara... when we get home, I owe you big for this mess." Jaybee said, ignoring the slim odds behind that event. There hadn't been enough missiles between the two of them to dent this force even if they'd all hit. It was just a matter of time before the DC wore them down. As he thought this, he dropped the Boxer down onto a Randgrith, a lucky kick crushing the machine's powerful shoulder cannon before the pilot recovered enough to defend himself.

"Damn right you do, McQuade!" she shouted, as the Gunner rolled while firing at a MP Huckebein. Jaybee suspected the choice of targets was a bit more than just opportunity, but he had no intention of asking. "And I'm gonna make you pay every last cent!"

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 214019 times) 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 61
Jump to: