aggf arc 3 & 4

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF arc 3 & 4

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 759 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 214545 times) 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 61

Re: AGGF arc 3 & 4
« Reply #855 on: May 06, 2009, 02:53:00 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
-Meanwhile, in France..

Ring was still working at at her computer. By all rights she should've been asleep some time ago, but she still wasn't tired. Besides, there's nothing like a good all-nighter to beat jet lag(such a quaint term, she thought for a moment). 
The Huckebein III rebuild was fairly straightforward. Only a few significant changes from the original plan, even including personalized modifications.
But the armored modules were another story. The original design had been abandoned before the final decisions were made. Most notably, there were a few competing weapons loadouts in the proposal.

"We could just keep the quad  G Impacts and dual missile racks of the production Gunner module... with this design, we could up the fire rate to a practical level... how does she dogfight in the Gunner, anyways?
It'd still be a fairly low fire rate, though. And incredibly over-specialized. Let's find a loadout better suited to independent operation."

Ring continued looking over proposal summaries.

"Two G Impacts and a central gatling laser? That'smore in line with the combat data. But it doesn't really work for the combined form, and it's a bit of a downgrade. Besides, I'd like some missile racks. Or SOME kind of solid projectile."

"Try configuration C17. I always liked that one." another voice suggested.

Tapping some keys, Ring brought up the indicated design.

"That looks... just about right. Isn't it a bit early for you, Marion?"

Dr. Radom shrugged.
"I wasn't sleeping well, and I heard you'd been in the office all night. Word travels fast, even when sane people are sleeping."

"Apparently I was a little TOO busy if I didn't hear you come in."

"No kidding. Have you even eaten since you got here? Put that on hold for a little bit. I know a great little place that's actually open at this hour." Radom said, no stranger to interesting projects and all-nighters herself. "You can tell me what's going on with that overtech monstrosity over a cup of coffee."

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #856 on: May 06, 2009, 10:17:18 PM » by ChrisABlair
*Chris had a blank look on his face, amazed at Matt's newly aquired SUPER appetite.* You know, it's amazing how much you just put away. Any normal person's stomach would have burst.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #857 on: May 06, 2009, 10:19:50 PM » by alaras
"I know, but that might be why I recovered so quickly.  Those nanomachines must be working overtime by using my body's calorie stores as fuel.  Guess I need to eat that much just so they can keep up!  Probably also why I needed to go back for seconds."
IP Logged

« Reply #858 on: May 06, 2009, 10:54:53 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
-AGGF HQ-
-Hanger-

Astonage: "Well We're making progress,  It'd be a lot faster if we hadn't isolated the mainframes from each other tough."

Gai:  "so how long do you think the rest will take?"

Astonage: "Three or four days"

Gai: "that won't be fast enough..."

Gai produces the blue Haro from with in the form concealing robe and offers it to Astonage

Gai: "do you think you can use this and write a support program that could be uploaded in real time?"

Astonage: "yeah, That would work, it's not really my specialty but I can handle it."

-undisclosed location-

Wan is sipping some kind of alcohol and watching a display of the earth sphere painted in a myriad of colorsthe moon and the americas were painted Gold while the rest of the world was a mix of blues and reds.  Soon enough a door opens  and a scruffy red haired man enters.

Ali: "Yo boss that wench is locked up tight just as you ordered."

Wan: *Smiles as he finises a long sip* "good those traitors are fools but handled properly they may still have their uses."

Ali: "heh, whatever. You're the boss... so... where'd that Yazan fellow go?"

Wan: "he's watching one of my associates work; though He's been ordered not to interfere.  I'm sure my assocate has everything covered either way."

Alli: "so that monster machine of his is on a stealth mission?  pretty audacious boss."

Wan: "no for now he's in something a little less noticeable besides the Valsion isn't yet repaired."

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #859 on: May 06, 2009, 11:31:43 PM » by ChrisABlair
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 11:34:03 PM by ChrisABlair »
Near the Duragreiz Airspace
1500 Hrs

*Nathaniel Hausen-Blair made a transmission to the ship, but also noticed they were in a bad state*

Nate: This is Lt Nathaniel Hausen-Blair of Anchorage Bases' 15th Valkyrie Squadron! My squad and I need a spot to land. I'm looking for my brother, Lt Christoph Blair! May we land?

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #860 on: May 07, 2009, 11:41:07 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
-Duragriez-
-Bridge-

the now fully operational battle ship Received Nathaniel's hail and it's first response was to adjust it's various AA turrets towards the Valkyrie squad.  The ship didn't open fire but it was ready to should any of the VFs prove hostile. A few moments later Bright Noa's voice spoke.

Bright: "Nathaniel Blair this is Bright Noa Captain of he Duragreiz,  under most conditions we would allow your squad to land here, however, your brother has turned traitor and various other concerns mean we are not as trusting as we used to be.  If you wish to find a federation aligned landing point The Far East Brigade's Izu base is not far from here."

IP Logged

« Reply #861 on: May 07, 2009, 06:45:37 PM » by ChrisABlair
"Traitor?! Sir, I'll send my men on, but please allow me to land and learn of this development! I must know what happened to him! I've been looking for my brother for the last two years! I must know where he is!" Nate frantically yelled, letting his childishness get in the way. His squad mates looked on in disbelief.
"Please, I must learn the details on my brother... to hear him turn traitor is unbelievable to me!"

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #862 on: May 07, 2009, 09:51:53 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
-Duragreiz Bridge-

Bright: "Negative, no mater your relationship unless someone in our ranks vouches for you we will not let you land.  Those are direct orders.  Persist and we will shoot you down."

IP Logged

« Reply #863 on: May 07, 2009, 10:18:40 PM » by ChrisABlair
"Very well, I will proceed to Izu Base. But if this is how the great AGGF acts, I might as well take my chances elsewhere. Farewell, o great heroes of Earth." Nate took his team and flew toward Izu Base where he would hope to gain information on his older brother.
"So, that's the AGGF? Didn't seem too friendly," Iizaki said.
"Everyone has their reasons, right? We'll continue elsewhere, for the Lieutenant's sake." Rodriguez said.
"I'm totally disappointed. My brother said the AGGF is where I would want to go to find safe haven. And now they call him a traitor?! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!" Nate yelled angrily. They deviated away from the Duragreiz. 

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #864 on: May 07, 2009, 10:59:48 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 06:35:25 PM by Derek »
~Aoi Tsubasa: ????~

"So, how many do you think are in there?"

"Eight or ten. We'll be fine. Just be sure to duck when I tell you to."

"Hai, Ha-chan."

----

~Aoi Tsubasa: Deck 2 -- Storage Room~

----

"All the trouble we took to get up here, and the place is raided." Kanz said out loud, making a half-hearted attempt to paw through a mostly empty gun case. "That does seem to be your luck today, isn't it?"

"Kaze-san..." Kintaros spoke up from his position at the door, standing watch. "If it was not our lucky day, we would not be at this crossroad right now, would we?"

Kanz thought about it for a second, then shrugged. "Hadn't thought about it like that, actually. Good point." Looking over at the AI-driven robot, he grinned. "Pretty good thinking, actually. What'd you say your name was, again?"

Turning to face the man, Kintaros popped his neck, then slapped the side of his hip. "I am called Kintaros, the Bear." He said with a bit of pride in his voice. "My strength will make you cry."

"Kanzaki Seiyokaze, lover of gale force hurricanes and enemy to all who suck." Kanz replied, taking a bow. "Where I go, the western winds are sure to follow." Looking up at Kin, the man grinned and held out his hand. "Nice to meetcha, Bear-Man."

Derek looked at his subordinate, then to the robot as he returned the gesture. As the two shook hands, he glanced over at Ash. "My god, man. What have we just done?"

"Something I fear we will live to regret." Ash replied, barely supressing a shudder. Turning and giving another glance around the room, he quickly reached over and opened a box. "Hey cool, I found some ammo."

Barona took a look at the box. "....Shotgun shells?" He asked, cautiously. "Do I even WANT to know how you intend on using these?"

"It's nothing special, really." Reaching into his jacket, Ash pulled out what looked like a black knuckle duster with gold trim, slipped it onto his left hand, and began loading several shells into inserts on the glove. "Just like this." He said as he clenched his fist, pulling the loaded shells into place and locking them in with a threatening-sounding cha-chak.

Looking at Ash's newly revealed weapon, Kanz couldn't help but laugh a little. "Jeez-us. Didn't they bother to take ANYTHING off you guys before locking you up?"

Everyone else in the room looked at him and shrugged. "No." They spoke in unison.

Kanz shook his head. "Man, those guys really DO suck." He said with a sigh. "No attention to detail whatsoever. Oh well, their loss is our gain. So, where to now?"

Motioning to the door, Derek stepped out into the hallway and faced the nearby lift. "To ruin these bastards' day, and take back our ship once and for all. To the Bridge!"

----

~Aoi Tsubasa: Deck 1 -- Inside Lift~

----

Taking his position directly behind Kintaros, Derek looked around to the others. "Alright, we're as well armed as we're probably going to be, and I'm tired of letting these assholes drive my ship around wherever they please. We go in, and we go in with everything we've got, alright?" Everyone else nodded, showing readiness. "Alright. One....Two....THREE!!!"

At "THREE!!!", Kintaros reached over and hit the open button. Everyone got ready to jump out and attack.....the ten soldiers lined up in a perfect firing squad formation, aimed straight at them. The entire group froze as they saw that many guns aimed at them at once. Time seemed to freeze for a few seconds as both sides faced each other, the situation sinking in.

"Uh...whoops." Kanzaki finally broke the silence, reaching over past Kin and hit the "Door Close" button on the panel. "Sorry, wrong floor."

Not amused by the joke, all then soldiers opened fire. Not hesitating for an instant, Kintaros quickly stepped into the way to defend everyone else, taking much of the damage before the door finally closed in front of him. Even as everyone breathed a sigh for being out of immediate harm, the firestorm continued angrily against the door, sounding like a hard metalic rainstorm outside.

No one said anything for a second. Finally, Kanz looked around at the others. "Well, THAT could have gone better." He deadpanned, before looking at Derek. "What's Plan B?"

"I'm thinking." Derek shot back with a glare. "I wasn't expecting the firing squad out here."

"Wait, wait, wait." Kanz stopped his leader, incredulously. "You're prepared for the possibility of your ship being taken over. You've got weapons and ammo stashed ALL OVER THE SHIP in case of just such an emergency. How in the HELL did you not expect the firing squad?"

"I DO expect a firing squad." Barona defended himself. "I just expected them about fifteen paces farther back and behind the door to the bridge, not out here."

"....Oh." The green Blue Wings said after a second, as he thought about it. Finally, he nodded. "Yeah, they are a little early. Maybe they had extra?"

"Extra?" Momotaros asked, before looking at Derek. He put one hand on his hip and waved the air in front of his face as he continued talking. "You really know how to piss a woman off, don't you?"

"Nah, Rena's much more straightforward than this." Derek replied without looking over. "Invading forces like this aren't really her style. She'd much prefer to just go ahead and shoot me."

"Yeah, that sounds like her, alright." Kanzaki agreed with a nod. Looking over, he noticed something to cause him to frown. "Hey, Bear-Man? You okay? You haven't moved in awhile."

Momotaros cocked his head to the side for a moment. "Eh? Kuma's proably talking another nap." He said, stepping over and tapping him on the shoulder. "Oi, Kuma! Wake up!" A few seconds passed without a response, causing the AI to get irritated and grab him by the shoulder to turn him around. "I said, WAKE U--"

The sight was enough to stop Momo's anger cold. The entire front of Kintaros' body was riddled with bullets, many of them deeper than the outer armor of the robot could possibly protect. One had even managed to pierce the left eye completely, while several more were embedded dead center in the chest of the machine. It was still sparking and, technically, still breathing, but Kintaros was in absolutely horrific shape.

Ash quickly pushed Momotaros out of the way and shook the robot frantically, "Kintaros?" He asked with a tone of desperation, searching for any sign the AI was still in there. "Kintaros, answer me, dammit!"

The AI coughed and shook a little bit, then raised what was left of his left hand into a thumbs up. "Kaze-san..." Kintaros said in a very soft, static-like voice, "Please open that door again for me."

Kanzaki was almost in too much shock at the sight of such a heavily damaged robot still even functioning to question the request. "You're....not about to do something stupid, are you?" He asked, as his hand tapped the open button.

Kintaros paused for a second. "I would never dream of it." He said with a loud laugh as the door opened....just before charging forward straight into the gunfire, headed right for the enemy group.

The door closed just as quickly as it opened, preventing anyone from even being able to attempt to react until it was already too late. ".....I think we all expected that to happen." Kanzaki said calmly, as if there was absolutely nothing wrong.

Less than ten seconds later, a massive explosion rocked the deck. Opening the door, the group was met with the scene. The area where the firing squad had been was devastated, deep scars embedded into the walls and floor from the exact spot Kintaros had been when his machine detonated, and robotic parts littered the rest of the hallway where pieces had been blown away by the Bear's kamikaze attack. "Ash...To Ash." Derek spoke out loud, stepping out onto the deck. "Dust to dust. He was keeping that thing held down the whole time."

Stepping out, Momotaros started into a quiet string of Japanese at the fallen bear for his idiocy, very little of it repeatable in polite company. Urataros chose to join him, filling in when Momo couldn't keep from choking up any longer.

Looking around at the destruction, Kanz nodded his head in approval and leaned against the wall. "No one ever expects kamikaze moves. Not a bad piece of work at all." Leaning against the wall, he looked just over to his left and grinned. "Pretty smart thinking there, Bear-Man."

Ash sighed for a second, and crossed his arms. "Alright Kintaros, enough dramatics." He said, obviously unimpressed with the scene. "You can come out now."

A small ball of yellow light appeared in the air, and quickly reformed into the normal shape of the oldest of the Taros AI. He looked a little worse for wear, with a few tears in his yukata and his entire left sleeve missing, but otherwise seemed fine. "My apologies, Ash-sama." Kintaros said, popping his neck. "It seemed like the best idea at the time."

"Kuma!" Momotaros shouted, waving his arms wildly. "You're....you just....they just....." He trailed off, before swearing much more emotionally than before. "EVERYONE KEEPS TAKING ALL THE GOOD PARTS!!!!!!"

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #865 on: May 10, 2009, 09:28:34 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
-???-
-AGGF HQ-

as Nathaniel turned to leave his com system would beep indicating the receipt of a transmission.  It was a rather large file with a text only message attached.

the message read:

I'm aware that you're probably irritated over our refusal to allow your landing, however, it's for the best as coming here would put you under extreme and undue scrutiny.  I've attached a copy of your brother's Portfolio containing video footage of him attacking us in a Garlion.  I'm aware this isn't what you want but it's the best I can offer.

-SG

IP Logged

« Reply #866 on: May 12, 2009, 11:10:26 PM » by ChrisABlair
*Nate looked over the portfolio, watched as his brother attacked the Duragreiz, even scrapping against the mechs from the Dura in disbelief. As he finished watching the footage, he teared up.*

Nate: "Dammit... It's true."
*they neared Izu Base, and sent a transmission requesting landing clearance. The tower cleared their landing.*

Nate: "Okay. Everyone, feel free to rest. We've earned it."

*Nate ended the eventful day by sending a message to SG of the AGGF: Thank you. I'm sorry I was so harsh, and hope you the best. I will continue the search for my brother.

*Chris Blair was handed his orders. You will lead an attack on the Far East Brigade's Izu Base tomorrow. You may assemble any team you wish. Good luck,
Colonel Van Vat Tran*

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #867 on: May 12, 2009, 11:26:56 PM » by alaras
In the Earth Cradle:

Matt watched as Chris returned with his orders.  "So, where you off to?"  He then glanced at the paper.  "Izu, huh?  Can I come, aniki?  We need to field test our new mechs, and I wanted to give those Blue Wing jerks an ass-whupping, or at least that dumbass in the Cybuster!  I owe them for what they did to me on the Duragreiz!"
IP Logged

« Reply #868 on: May 13, 2009, 05:20:16 PM » by ChrisABlair
~Morning of the Attack~

"Hearst, Tomohiko, Roberts, Desin, you are Squad 1. Chiba, Jones, Lytle, Nealson, you are Squad 2. Jameson, Atheson, and Archer, you're with me. Everyone get suited up and ready to go. We will subjugate the Far East Brigade's Izu Base, and bring it under our control. If possible, I want you to remember that we are not barbarians. We are upholding Bian Zoldark's ideals. Kill as little as possible, aim to disable. We'll meet back here in 45 minutes. Dismissed."

*Chris finished reading off the orders for the reorganized Crimson Fang unit. He walked up to Matt and put his hand on his shoulder*

"Sorry it's not the Tsubasa. But this is our chance to show them exactly what our powers are."

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #869 on: May 13, 2009, 05:23:34 PM » by alaras
"I'll settle for that.  Something tells me this will be a significant encounter for us, and I'm pretty sure I'll be right on that count.  Hope you don't mind if I kill Masaki or the AGGF guys if they show up.  Most of them deserve it."
IP Logged

(Read 214545 times) 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 61
Jump to: