someone has to say it.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Someone has to say it.

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 763 Members, Latest Member: lahmndras01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 4984 times) [1]

Someone has to say it.
« on: November 06, 2008, 07:42:18 PM » by jolly_old_saint
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 07:47:30 PM by jolly_old_saint »
It's a black president, Charlie Brown!

...how about that.

Relevant link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TiQCJXpbKg
Relevant image!
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9301/abeof0.png

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

Re: Someone has to say it.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 08:29:02 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Relevant apathy!

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 10:49:56 PM » by jolly_old_saint
Relevant apathy!

I know you're indifferent to black people, but suren you should at least care who has the power to hunt you from airforce one.

IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 10:57:46 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
I'm still waiting for them to build Air Force One's emergency hangar below the Washington Reflecting Pool. Once that's done, then we'll talk.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 07:50:34 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I'm still waiting for them to build Air Force One's emergency hangar below the Washington Reflecting Pool. Once that's done, then we'll talk.

Riiiiiichaaaaaaaaaaaard!

IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 08:38:52 PM » by jolly_old_saint

Riiiiiichaaaaaaaaaaaard!

...first word in a month and he's a letter away from doctor doom. Figures.

Anyway, why would they build a hangar in the same place they keep the giant spider?

IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 09:24:42 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner

Riiiiiichaaaaaaaaaaaard!

...first word in a month and he's a letter away from doctor doom. Figures.

Anyway, why would they build a hangar in the same place they keep the giant spider?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Genl242_ZU8
:(

IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 11:52:33 AM » by Chibi Kami
Item the first: He all but completely ran on the premise that he was black. It's like "I'm a different race, so vote for me!"

I wouldn't have a problem with this but

Item the second: He's only a mere 2% black. He's mostly Arabic. I wouldn't have a problem with an Arabic president, even in times like these, but I do have a problem with one who can't own up to it.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 02:40:57 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I don't recall his campaign making a big deal out of his blackness. You're confusing the media circus with the campaign.

Anyways, the "politically correct" term is african-american. Having a kenyan father is DEFINITELY enough to make him 50% african-american.
You could also argue, that since the entire thing is only an issue due to historical racism, that they old "one drop" rule applies.

Though... his dad looks pretty black to me.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 07:11:42 PM » by jolly_old_saint
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 07:15:53 PM by jolly_old_saint »
Nertz to his land of lions and tigers. Nertz, I say!

I'll call him an african-american when he calls me a greek albanian irish english american.Really, though, it'd only make sense to say that if he had powers akin to multiple man and divided himself between continents. Which I wouldn't put past him, but until he comes right out and says it I'll just call him a normie american Mr. President sir.

That said, skin color is entirely enough to judge if people are black. Ask everyone who's called me albino.

And the campaign indeed did not make for overuse of any race card. Just the hope card and the McCain is old and picked the worst VP possible card.

Or maybe that was just the pundits. Same difference, really.

IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 10:18:41 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I'll call him an african-american when he calls me a greek albanian irish english american.Really, though, it'd only make sense to say that if he had powers akin to multiple man and divided himself between continents. Which I wouldn't put past him, but until he comes right out and says it I'll just call him a normie american Mr. President sir.

That said, skin color is entirely enough to judge if people are black. Ask everyone who's called me albino.

Well, yes. It's basically the media circus that made such a big deal out of this, but really, on the skin color thing? Do you really think a bigot's going to hate *less* because his mother was caucasian? If anything, that probably gives them reason to hate *more* (provided they know.) Claiming that he "isn't black" is merely a media play. Real hate doesn't look that deep.

IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 05:06:59 PM » by jolly_old_saint
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 05:31:11 PM by jolly_old_saint »
Er...my point had less of anything at all to do with that and more to do with people generally segmenting skin color on the basis of actual skin color.

(Did the media ever claim Obama wasn't black? In that case, I might be wrong.)

I also wouldn't apply the term "african american" to anyone but an african immigrant (regardless of skin color). Or, as I've said, some sort of mutant multiple-man who lives in both parts of the world. But at that, I'd hardly like to go around in circles arguing that one.

In the end, I don't think enough focus is going to the real problem in the white house....the goldurned demmycrats! They'll kill us all with their peaceful negotiations. I say we burn them for witchcraft.

IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 07:46:28 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Er...my point had less of anything at all to do with that and more to do with people generally segmenting skin color on the basis of actual skin color.

(Did the media ever claim Obama wasn't black? In that case, I might be wrong.)
Not that I know of.

I also wouldn't apply the term "african american" to anyone but an african immigrant (regardless of skin color). Or, as I've said, some sort of mutant multiple-man who lives in both parts of the world. But at that, I'd hardly like to go around in circles arguing that one.
I think it's a dumb term too. I was just poking at the "He's not black, he's arab!" argument.

In the end, I don't think enough focus is going to the real problem in the white house....the goldurned demmycrats! They'll kill us all with their peaceful negotiations. I say we burn them for witchcraft.
Personally, I AM concerned that they have the White House and both houses of Congress. Just as I would be if the republicans did.

I don't think EITHER party needs unchecked control. Both sides are dangerous fringe lunatics.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 4984 times) [1]
Jump to: