megaten closed beta. i'm in, anyone care?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: MegaTen Closed Beta. I'm in, anyone care?

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10987 Posts, 530 Topics, 743 Members, Latest Member: brbrafns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 44617 times) 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Re: MegaTen Closed Beta. I'm in, anyone care?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 10:49:12 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
I HAVE however heard rumors of Demon Vs. Demon PvP.
[...]
Fused demons do inherit said skills, so this means that if one wants a demon that has one skill or another, one will have to raise a demon up somewhere along in the chain for the demon to have said ability, as opposed to the SMT/2 method of static demon levels with their "Get 'em and mix 'em" ability. On the upshot, this does allow for some rather dandy mixin' comboes.

Seems that grinding up demons may prove more important than grinding up your character... which makes me think of Nocturne a little.  A Nocturne MMO with demonic gladiatorial combat against your friends... sounds nice.

Q) IIRC, this one follows the free-to-play, pay-for-stuff approach; how gamebreaking is the stuff you can buy with realcash, or (on the flipside) how hosed wouldja be if you're a cheapskate?

Do note, the rumors of DvD is apparently really old and nothin' has come of it yet.

Anyway, cash shop stuff isn't available for the CB. However, other then some expanded storage and demon storage slots, I haven't seen a whole lot in the "You need this" market.
Hell, there's even hair styles and dyes available without goin' Cash-shop. So unless they start sellin' pieces of gear or over-powered consumables, I don't think it will be too problematic.

Also, the Noctune Demon designs are used.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 12:03:15 PM » by Speaker59
Do note, the rumors of DvD is apparently really old and nothin' has come of it yet.

Fair enough, but I'd think it wouldn't be a stretch; most MMOs have some manner of PvP somewhere down the line.  I can easily see things going full-circle and having a pokemon-style league start up in Imagine :-)

expanded storage and demon storage slots
Meaning spare inventory and extra room to store non-active demons? Hm.   How harsh are the base limits on those?
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 01:21:35 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!

Fair enough, but I'd think it wouldn't be a stretch; most MMOs have some manner of PvP somewhere down the line.  I can easily see things going full-circle and having a pokemon-style league start up in Imagine :-)

expanded storage and demon storage slots
Meaning spare inventory and extra room to store non-active demons? Hm.   How harsh are the base limits on those?

50 slots of free storage, 0 slots of demon storage.  One can hold 6 demons on-hand at once. Each "Rental" slot for both kinds holds 50 and are rentable for 30, 60 and 90 day periods.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 06:07:30 PM » by AmineHsu
Yay, I got in...too bad school and RL have prevented me from playing much...

I got the impression you could actually buy stat points, though the shop actually...
IP Logged

Re: MegaTen Closed Beta. I'm in, anyone ca
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 06:12:40 PM » by alaras
I applied, but didn't get in.  Too bad...
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 07:14:59 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Yay, I got in...too bad school and RL have prevented me from playing much...

I got the impression you could actually buy stat points, though the shop actually...

Haven't heard anythin' like that.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 07:52:38 PM » by AmineHsu
Now that I go back and look, I think I was confusing AP, which they points to raise your Stats is called and AP which is the psuedo-realcash currency, Aeria Points.
IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2008, 09:56:43 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Ah, makes sense.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 11:59:07 AM » by jolly_old_saint
Yay for potential  demonic chickenfights~

Is Hitler a boss, then? Possibly wielding the holy spear and power of Nyarlathotep?

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2008, 10:36:44 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
I'm in apparently. I'm thrilled about this.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2008, 01:37:56 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Update on the Plot part. There are apparently continued story scenes that unfold. So yeah, yay for plot.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2008, 01:51:52 PM » by ChrisABlair
Hey, Arle, is there seperate servers, or is the beta being run on one big ol' server? And I just got accepted, yay!

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2008, 02:35:29 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Hey, Arle, is there seperate servers, or is the beta being run on one big ol' server? And I just got accepted, yay!

Only one, the Cerberus Server, for now.

I'm always on Channel 8, so anyone wishin' to run into my magical self had best align themselves accourdin'ly.

Also, Gratz.

And one last play tip for anyone playin'. Don't use the wounded Cerberus, it leaves.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2008, 07:41:18 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
What are your names? Mine's Blaze3713.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 07:57:50 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
What are your names? Mine's Blaze3713.

Argh, dude, numbers on the end of the name. Just makes it hard to type.

That said, I've already stated my name there is the same here.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

(Read 44617 times) 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to: