metal max 2 translation

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Metal Max 2 Translation

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10991 Posts, 531 Topics, 745 Members, Latest Member: Shakku

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 22918 times) [1] 2

Metal Max 2 Translation
« on: December 05, 2008, 10:28:31 AM » by Drognar
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 10:30:52 AM by Drognar »
Now before you label me as whiny noob who didn't read the rules, I feel this topic is needed anyway. I have hung/lurked around for practically 4 freaking years. Why?, You ask? I was waiting for a translation of an awesome title for super nintendo. On year 2 I finally saw an update to a measly 20%, thats been everything. I would to request some more dedication to Metal Max 2, as I have played the jap version and want more than anything to see it english. I have requested it be done on other sites, but they hesitate because for whatever reason they think this is still being done, although the last update was 2 years ago. I do understand there are other translations that maybe more priority for Gideon Zhi, but this neglect really annoys me.
IP Logged

Re: Metal Max 2 Translation
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 11:52:21 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Urgh, everyone, start prayin' to Gon.  >_>

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 12:37:25 PM » by Speaker59
Now before you label me as whiny noob who didn't read the rules, I feel this topic is needed anyway.
"Now, before I violate the rules, I want everyone to know that this is not an act of ignorance, but of active malice."

Really, how is this supposed to gain you anything?

If you want the game translated and patched, and Gideon is taking too long, the solution is simple:
1) Learn Japanese.
2) Figure out how to extract the game's text.
3) Translate the text.
4) Figure out how to insert the text.

It's so easy! Lemme know when you're done, by the way, the game looks awesome.

..... Y U NOT HAV FINUSHED YET DRONGANAR I R TEH WAITINGZ!!!!!1
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 02:40:19 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I was gonna say something about it being within the rules, but this isn't a status request.
It's a whiny borderline-flame demand.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 03:47:31 PM » by Speaker59
Yeah, I'm irate and tired and it's Friday and I'm calling an exemption to polite conduct based on Rule 5. "Rarg" and whatnot.

To make up for it, this site hosts a handy set of documents regardign how to start hacking games.  Perhaps the TC could start with those and proceed from there, and wow the world with a release of the patch faster than the rest of the trans/hack community has been able to manage.  Nothing wrong with doing it yourself, just with complaining that others aren't doing it fast enough for your liking.  It's just not nice.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 04:36:43 PM » by Chibi Kami
Oh, mighty Gon,
Please forgive this foolish noob his selfish ways,
and help him to learn that having a metric assloads of in-progress projects means that work gets done as issues are solved,
and that translating a game first requires someone to translate them,
and that the omniproductive Gideon Zhi does not speak fluent Japanese and must therefore rely on the translation efforts of others.

In the name of the merciful and yet earth-splitting Gon,
RAAAAAAARGH!

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 10:06:09 PM » by Drognar
Yeah, I'm irate and tired and it's Friday and I'm calling an exemption to polite conduct based on Rule 5. "Rarg" and whatnot.

To make up for it, this site hosts a handy set of documents regardign how to start hacking games.  Perhaps the TC could start with those and proceed from there, and wow the world with a release of the patch faster than the rest of the trans/hack community has been able to manage.  Nothing wrong with doing it yourself, just with complaining that others aren't doing it fast enough for your liking.  It's just not nice.
Perhaps your not listening to my argument or interpreting it properly. My issue is that the game status's is dead, or just be completely ignored. I couldn't hack a rom for my life, either.  You try waiting for 4 yrs for a game you love. to be translated, it sux!. I tried to give Gideon the benefit of the doubt by asking other translators, no luck.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 12:46:12 AM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
ITT, whiny idiot demands progress on his favorite game, with no clue what is actually going on.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 12:51:33 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
You try waiting for 4 yrs for a game you love. to be translated, it sux!.
Super. Robot. Wars.
S. T. F. U.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 02:49:23 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Super. Robot. Wars.
S. T. F. U.
Romancing SaGa 2
S. T. F. U.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 02:57:36 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Super. Robot. Wars.
S. T. F. U.
Romancing SaGa 2
S. T. F. U.
Tactics Ogre.
S. T. F. U.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 11:29:57 AM » by Drognar
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 11:34:41 AM by Drognar »
Super. Robot. Wars.
S. T. F. U.
Romancing SaGa 2
S. T. F. U.
Tactics Ogre.
S. T. F. U.
Tactics Ogre can be played via the PS in english, noob.
S. T. F. U.
Hasn't Super Robot Wars already been finished? Damn Romancing Saga 2, 5% thats really harsh. 
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 01:35:27 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Super. Robot. Wars.
S. T. F. U.
Romancing SaGa 2
S. T. F. U.
Tactics Ogre.
S. T. F. U.
Tactics Ogre can be played via the PS in english, noob.
S. T. F. U.
Hasn't Super Robot Wars already been finished? Damn Romancing Saga 2, 5% thats really harsh. 

Okay, yeah, Rule Five's exception is in play now.

Spread yer legs and pull yer head of of yer ass. The wrath of Gon be upon ye. It is not wise to enter a place full of regular and act like like ye know better then everyone else. Such activity is a violation of Rule One.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 03:23:24 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Oh yeah, I forget that with people like you I have to specify specific installations of the series.

Super Robot Wars Gaiden and Super Robot Wars 4, with a sprinkling of Super Robot Wars 2 on the side.
And hell, throw the Alpha games in there for good measure. And Impact.

I could scrape up other games, games that no one's even CONSIDERING working on, that I've long since accepted will simply never BE in english.
I grabbed the first and easiest example.

Would Lunar: Strolling School be more to your tastes?

Were you one of the people wanting Tales of Phantasia from the old Nintendo Power preview, pushed even further when Tales of Destiny came out in the US, only to be crushed again when the PS1 version of ToP was left J-only?

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE you even saw previews of the TurboCD Macross games in a GamePro back in the dark days before the internet and emulators, when you were just a little kid that loved Robotech when he was a littler kid, and were left lusting after them forevermore.

Believe me, I know what it's like to wait 4 years for a game.
Or 8 years.
Or even SIXTEEN years. That's how long I've wanted those TurboCD games now. My raw, wanton desire remains undiminished after all that time.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO WAIT SIXTEEN YEARS FOR A GAME? DO YOU?? DO YOU???
It can drive a man mad. MAD, I tell you!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

You're just one more whiny brat that thinks his wants are better than everyone else's.

S. T. F. U.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 05:00:09 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Jay's brought his Macross Angst into play.

Topic over.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

(Read 22918 times) [1] 2
Jump to: