metal max 2 translation

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Metal Max 2 Translation

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 24080 times) 1 [2]

Re: Metal Max 2 Translation
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 07:56:36 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Jay's brought his Macross Angst into play.

Topic over.

It's a trap!

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 08:35:40 PM » by Drognar
hmm, I'd say I've know about Metal Max 2 for 8+ years, but I didn't find this until 4 years ago when I came on soley to check its status. My point is not to brag about which game is better than another, they are all equal in my honest opinion. The fact is knowing that a translation was supposedly in progress pisses me off.
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 09:23:10 PM » by ChrisABlair
Know what pisses me off? My freaking MegaTen online setup WON'T RUN.

EDIT: Hallelujah, there IS a merciful God. And he made my installer work

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 10:58:36 PM » by Drognar

Heh, I wish all needed was to run an installer file to get MM2 working lolz.
IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2008, 12:28:28 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!

Is there any way to uninstall yer account here?

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2008, 01:07:48 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
So why don't you just play Metal Max Returns and Metal Saga until Metal Max 2 is ready?

Anyways, my point remains. I know what it's like to wait 4 years for a translation.
Even ignoring that I was an ignorant kid for ever thinking the TurboCD games were being CONSIDERED for localization, I still know what it's like to wait for 4 years on a project. I've seen projects I was interested in bounced around between groups like a superball for longer than 4 years.

The fundamental justification for your whiny bratness is undermined.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2008, 11:41:34 AM » by Drognar
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 11:49:41 AM by Drognar »

Is there any way to uninstall yer account here?
I find this post rather offensive. Admittedly this hasn't been the most glorious, or even a good topic to begin with, but I don't think any of this warrants a ban.
IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2008, 11:52:44 AM » by Drognar
So why don't you just play Metal Max Returns and Metal Saga until Metal Max 2 is ready?

Anyways, my point remains. I know what it's like to wait 4 years for a translation.
Even ignoring that I was an ignorant kid for ever thinking the TurboCD games were being CONSIDERED for localization, I still know what it's like to wait for 4 years on a project. I've seen projects I was interested in bounced around between groups like a superball for longer than 4 years.

I've beaten Metal Max Returns and lack the cash for PS2, I sincerly apologize for my stuck attitude towards the beginning of the topic.
-Drognar
IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2008, 10:55:01 PM » by Chibi Kami
Ah, it seems you begin to understand.

We regulars are mostly the old-school fans. We not only have waited for the translations of these games since the introduction of emulation technology, but since the games themselves were launched in Japan and a magazine of random title and origin taunted us with their moonspeaky goodness.

Your patience of four years is admirable, but always remember that there is both process and queue to consider, and that 4 years is nothing in the long run. Things get done when they get done, and not a moment before.

Of course, it was pretty impressive when Gideon completed SRW1 within 24 hours of announcing it...

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 02:14:37 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.

I've beaten Metal Max Returns and lack the cash for PS2, I sincerly apologize for my stuck attitude towards the beginning of the topic.
-Drognar

Apology accepted.

I thought Metal Max was supposed to have silly amounts of replay value. Not that I DID beat it, but...

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008, 09:05:47 AM » by Speaker59
Perhaps your not listening to my argument or interpreting it properly. My issue is that the game status's is dead, or just be completely ignored.
Your complaint is that the game's not translated for you fast enough for your tastes.  Your ISSUE is that you feel entitled to the product of several peoples' hard work for your entertainment, for free. 

I couldn't hack a rom for my life, either.
Well, you could actually put in some effort and LEARN.  I linked you to Gideon's docs section, and pointed that out as a place to start... in the very post you quoted, in fact.  You should really read what people type to you.

You try waiting for 4 yrs for a game you love. to be translated, it sux!. I tried to give Gideon the benefit of the doubt by asking other translators, no luck.
Yeah, I wanted more Shining Force badly enough to buy a Saturn and Pro Action Replay, import SF3 Scenarios 2 and 3, and play them that way, with my 2nd-year Japanese knowledge and lots of notes and dictionaries.  If you don't want to sit there passively waiting for a game to come out for you, DO something about it!
Learn Japanese, or learn to romhack, get the script out to someone who knows Japanese, and get it done.  You think knew how to romhack before learning how? You think I knew Japanese before I started to study it?   

Better yourself; work for your fun.
IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 06:57:30 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
Well, in the end, if you know Japanese, there's no need to learn to romhack. Depends on whether you're selfless or selfish.

But don't bash him that much: the point's already across. God knows we've all secretly cursed at the time our favourite games take to be translated, or even swore at other games getting progress instead of the ones we want.
IP Logged

(Read 24080 times) 1 [2]
Jump to: