old school psx collecter quest

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Old School PSx collecter quest

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11028 Posts, 543 Topics, 771 Members, Latest Member: BlueWizard

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 10441 times) [1]

Old School PSx collecter quest
« on: September 14, 2007, 10:34:45 PM » by Sentientbaka
Okay, any one out there now of anyplace I can find two old PS1 games. I'm looking for copies of Koudelka (lol not many have heard of this one) or the European version of Dark messiah (I don't know if the Japanese title was changed or not). Lol I know some collector I am. But I appreciate the old games, as I think many of us here do. So I thought I might through it out there.

Most othe the teens now a days have now appreciation for the classic :-(

Oh BTW, just so theres no misunderstanding, I'm not looking for any .bin and .cue's download, I actually would like to BUY the games, preferably new, but used is kosher too. Oh and sorry if this dosen't belong here.

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
IP Logged

Re: Old School PSx collecter quest
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 01:20:44 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
... I appreciate the old games...
Most of he the teens now a days have no appreciation for the classic :-(
Okay, this is sad.

The old classics are NOT PS1 games.
I refuse to accept anything from the polygon era as such.

Heck, Koudelka was a 2000 release. It's not even through it's first decade yet.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 06:39:30 AM » by Sentientbaka
lol oh wow your a purest from the 16bit era...

fair enough, I grew up on pong an atari, and remember the nes and snes foundly FYI

IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 07:32:35 AM » by kain611
I have Koudelka but I'm not willing to part with it. However we have a used game store around here that a month or two had a copy of it. I can look for ya and see what he's asking for a price.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 10:17:25 AM » by Duke Fleed
Get a psp with custom firmware and visit download the koudelka eboot --> then turn on fast disk access mode to eliminate load time. 
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 12:50:41 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Other than ebay etc. theres not many places to look for PS1 games nowadays (unless you are a pirate)

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 03:14:11 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
lol oh wow your a purest from the 16bit era...

fair enough, I grew up on pong an atari, and remember the nes and snes foundly FYI
I grew up on a Vectrex and a 99/4a.
Then got an SNES, then backed up for an Atari. Then fast-forward to the NES. Then got abso-positive-lutely everything. Well, not quite EVERYTHING, but more systems than most people realize EXIST.

I'm one of those people that can find reasons to like the 32x(it's still a hideous monstrosity, and a symbol of everything that was wrong with Sega at the time, but it DOES have some worthwhile games...).

I just balk at the idea of late PS1 games being old-school classics.
It's got some of my favorite games, but it's too young to have stood the test of time yet.
Get back to me once the PS4, XBox 720, and .... whatever Nintendo's next system is called...  come out I tend to take a 2-systems-back attitude.
I think the SNES/Genesis got fast-tracked because they were the last major sprite-tile systems. The beginning of the poly-era got them promoted faster than they really should have been.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 11:06:09 AM » by KraZe Real Horrorshow
Jeez. This topic is swiftly turning into a wang waving contest.
Really do you have a better term for two console gens ago or more that's actually concise and easy to pop out?

We don't need to start making a contest of our gaming histories in this topic anyways.

On the topic of getting rare games: I'm a bit of an avid collector of them myself and all I have to say is that eBay and the internet is your friend. If you can't find it on eBay you can get it on Amazon. Problem with Amazon is you generally pay more for the fact that they will almost always have it available.

I'm in the market for a copy of Koudelka myself, but lacking the money and wanting too many current generation games to fork the cash over for it.

If it's something you're unsure as to whether you want to own the original copy, I'd *really* advise you to just pirate it if you even *think* it's a game they might re-issue. Aside from odd RPGs I'm also a big shooter fan and a while ago had a chance to buy REZ for a rather good price but would've been kicking myself as the 360 re-issue was announced earlier this week.

Maybe when someone says something funny...
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 01:41:48 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Jeez. This topic is swiftly turning into a wang waving contest.
Really do you have a better term for two console gens ago or more that's actually concise and easy to pop out?

We don't need to start making a contest of our gaming histories in this topic anyways.
PlayStation games?

Classic's not a blanket term for any dead system.
Hell, I'd argue if you wanted to call an Arcadia classic, and it's a first-era system.

And the fact is that I'm NOT a "16-bit purist," and find the implication insulting.
My roots place me in the Atari era, but my habits place me as fairly neutral. Which was my point.
If I really WANTED to get into a wang-waving contest, I'd've listed my systems.

ANYWAYS...
I actually HAVE Koudelka. Off the shelf at an EBStop, of all places. Which makes the fact that it's complete rather bizarre.
But I'm not parting with it.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 02:44:01 PM » by Sentientbaka
lol, *rolls his eyes* Christ Im not an elitist, I don't really care what system someone wanks off too... I'm not even a very good gamer by other peoples stander, I only own 1 system now and have nothing but rpgs, and srpgs.

I hang around AGTP because I've been a Megaten fan since I was introduced to Persona on the PS1

I just like to play games to relax, is that so wrong :-P

Anywho though, thank you for the input I was more curios if someone new exactly where I could get a copy and the 16bit purest remark was really just a joke, come on man we're all just dorks after all, arn't the cool guys on th VH1 show where there teachin people how to pick up chics - mystery is his name wtf XD

IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 11:46:00 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Pick up chicks? Why would you want to lift a baby bird? Don't they, like crap on you or something? Besides, you have to go "outside" to do that, and I'm not brave enough to venture into the realm of the burning cancer ball.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 11:55:42 PM » by Kaji
I've got a copy of Koudelka I wouldn't mind selling. I bought it ages ago and finished it, getting the good ending. It's used, but it's got the instructions and all the discs work fine, despite the thing being in a box for a good three and a half years.

I let my dreams cross over to days of endless gray. If I could merge the mundane and the magic, we'd forged a new unknown. I let my dreams cross over to nothingness and back again. If I could merge the mundane and the magic, where is the dark I came to find?
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 11:52:59 AM » by Farlight
Koudelka isn't that hard to find.  You are going to pay for brand new still plastic wrapped copies but very good used condition ones are $25-35.

Have you checked amazon.com?  I've gotten a large portion of my PSX collection through 3rd party vendors this way.

This is the current listings for Koudelka

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004U1IO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_olp_2/105-4047030-2327618?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1192815927&sr=8-2
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 05:13:15 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Sadly, I have never played Koudelka. However the sequels, Shadow Hearts and onward, are quite good. I do like the old Atlus games like Rhapsody for the PSX as well.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 11:11:11 PM » by abandonwareguru
Get a psp with custom firmware and visit download the koudelka eboot --> then turn on fast disk access mode to eliminate load time. 

... Okay, I'm running a PSP with FW 3.52 M33-4... I play PS1 games on it... and that didn't make ANY sense at all to me. What exactly are you talking about?
IP Logged

(Read 10441 times) [1]
Jump to: