release news ~ merry christmas - srw alpha gaiden

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10943 Posts, 519 Topics, 736 Members, Latest Member: ch4rity10

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 130620 times) [1] 2 3 ... 13

Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden
« on: December 26, 2008, 02:30:23 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Yep. There´s not much else to say at this point, other than that this is a basically untested beta patch. Also, I´m really sorry for taking so long with this. Because it´s basically an untested beta patch, we ran into some crippling last-minute issues, first with the patch not properly replacing the game´s executable and thus leaving the asm hacks out of the resultant disc image, and second with the Premium Box version of the game just not working at all. Both issues have hopefully been resolved! Note that the patch was developed based on the original release of the game, so patching the Premium Box release has been tested even LESS. But it should work, fingers crossed.

Huge, huge thanks out to Excellen (Chrissy on some boards, Hokuto on others) for her extra-hard work over the last four years translating this game´s mammoth 3+ megabyte script. Thanks also to SilverSonic, whose initial (sadly failed) attempts at translating the script got the project on its feet in the first place! Thanks as well to everyone else mentioned in the readme who contributed to the project, and to Masaki and Iriliane from our IRC channel for performing some last-minute grunt testing on the Premium Box version of the game.

Well, I think that about covers it. Enjoy the game, everyone!
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 02:32:08 AM » by gamerk2
OMG!!!!!!

Now, if only Alpha/LoE were done as well, so I could start harrasing you about Alpha 2 and 3 :D
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 02:33:25 AM » by Isao Kronos Knight of The Lesser Internet Realms
Maybe I'll get around to playing it later in 2009, but I'm burnt out on SRW for now :(

I was really hoping it was Megaten too.

CONCERTO!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 02:33:20 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
YEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 02:34:22 AM » by hothitsu
Thank you very much.

You are freaking awesome.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 02:34:45 AM » by Masaki
Whew, it's finally ready. Gotta hate those last minute bugs. Can't wait to play it.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 02:35:55 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I'm still waiting for the inevitable OH FUCK IT DOESN'T WORK posts. Then I bloody my forehead while beating it against a wall >_<

IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 02:41:54 AM » by Slayne
Thanks alot for translating this great game!
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 02:43:09 AM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
OHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

er

OHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYY GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

yeah that's better

*heart attacks of JOY*

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 02:46:36 AM » by mrfreeze
Hey Gideon, the readme says that the only 2 versions of the game are SLPS 31.47 and SLPS 35.77, but I am looking at a copy of it somewhere where it has it listed as SLPS 31.48.  Is that a typo on someone elses part, or is  there a 3rd version which the patch won't work with? I'm assuming the former, but figured best to be sure.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 02:49:40 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I am aware of three different releases of the game: the original, PSOne Books, and Premium Box. Of these I only had access to the original and the Premium Box versions; it's very possible that 031.48 is PSOne Books. I can't promise that 031.48 is supported at the moment, however trivial it may be to add support for it.

Can someone upload the actual SLPS_031.48 file somewhere? I don't need the full ISO, just that one file.

IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 02:55:13 AM » by Avatar_of_Chaos Mecha Fanboy to the extream
gratz on Alpha Gaiden. first off this really isn't a patch issue (mainly cause the patch won't download and work right) first off how big is the patch suposed to be?

Light The New Avatar of Chaos
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 02:55:53 AM » by hothitsu
Thanks man, I patched the normal version and it works.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 02:57:58 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
gratz on Alpha Gaiden. first off this really isn't a patch issue (mainly cause the patch won't download and work right) first off how big is the patch suposed to be?

The zip weighs in at just shy of 3.2 megabytes.

IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 02:59:08 AM » by Isao Kronos Knight of The Lesser Internet Realms
For those of you with certain... desires:

You're going to have to rehack a BS and Funds code, the translation renders the old ones useless.
Voices don't work in ePSXe 1.7.0 as far as I can tell. My PSX is dead, so I can't use that.

CONCERTO!
IP Logged

(Read 130620 times) [1] 2 3 ... 13
Jump to: