release news ~ merry christmas - srw alpha gaiden

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 153511 times) 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 01:59:27 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Oh Luna, yes.

*Remembers that @Gaiden marks Sanger's first appearance*

Oh Luna, YES.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2008, 02:00:47 AM » by Avatar_of_Chaos Mecha Fanboy to the extream
gratz on Alpha Gaiden. first off this really isn't a patch issue (mainly cause the patch won't download and work right) first off how big is the patch suposed to be?

The zip weighs in at just shy of 3.2 megabytes.

hmm I see, well the one time I did get it to download it gave me an error

(Zip File unexpeted end)

Light The New Avatar of Chaos
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 02:01:58 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
For those of you with certain... desires:

You're going to have to rehack a BS and Funds code, the translation renders the old ones useless.
Voices don't work in ePSXe 1.7.0 as far as I can tell. My PSX is dead, so I can't use that.

Game runs fine in pSX.

IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2008, 02:03:24 AM » by Isao Kronos Knight of The Lesser Internet Realms
Yeah, but the cheating interface for pSX can be unwieldly at times, especially for code making. And last time I tried to run it in pSX I had the same problem.

CONCERTO!
IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 02:15:10 AM » by Chronokefka
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 02:21:58 AM by Chronokefka »
Here's the SLPS03148 file if you still need it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?znqluhxwmzd

Edit:Rar with the rest of the files in it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtyejemyhyz
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 02:16:12 AM » by netherchorus
I'll have to check out the patch after doing a little bit of paperwork here (I can't be completely lazy at work).  Well done on working to get the patch up and hopefully you're team you get some rest
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 02:17:02 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I am aware of three different releases of the game: the original, PSOne Books, and Premium Box. Of these I only had access to the original and the Premium Box versions; it's very possible that 031.48 is PSOne Books. I can't promise that 031.48 is supported at the moment, however trivial it may be to add support for it.

Can someone upload the actual SLPS_031.48 file somewhere? I don't need the full ISO, just that one file.

I tell a lie. I actually also need the SYSTEM.CNF file, and possibly the entire contents of the OVL directory. Unsure on that last point, though; depends heavily on whether the SLPS differs from either of the other versions.

But I'm not looking at it tonight. It's 3AM on the day after Christmas, I've been working on this crap since I got home from my grandparents at 6:30PM, I'm exhausted and I need sleep.

IP Logged

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW A
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 02:22:17 AM » by Danton
I tell a lie. I actually also need the SYSTEM.CNF file, and possibly the entire contents of the OVL directory. Unsure on that last point, though; depends heavily on whether the SLPS differs from either of the other versions.

But I'm not looking at it tonight. It's 3AM on the day after Christmas, I've been working on this crap since I got home from my grandparents at 6:30PM, I'm exhausted and I need sleep.
Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?yydozjfy42m
Thanks for the translation!
IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2008, 02:38:42 AM » by jolly_old_saint
About my luck to have the 31.48 copy. Ah, well...whee! Robots and violence....temporarily out of reach. :p

Might want to give the readme's index a second look ("about shin megami tensei," "4.1 - the game that hates emulators"...).

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2008, 03:51:26 AM » by evilgouki
I also have the 31.48 CD.  After creating the bin/cue file with ImgBurn, I was able to get it to work with the normal patch (i.e. 31.47 patch) by doing the following:

1) Rename PATCHFILES\SLPS_031.47 to PATCHFILES\SLPS_031.48

2) Open srwag.lua and edit the line

slusdirent = cdutil:findpath "/SLPS_031.47;1" or error "This is not a SuperRobotWarAlphaGaiden Japanese CD."

to instead read

slusdirent = cdutil:findpath "/SLPS_031.48;1" or error "This is not a SuperRobotWarAlphaGaiden Japanese CD."

3) edit the line

{ ["name"] = "SLPS_031.47", ["file"] = "PATCHFILES\\SLPS_031.47" },

to instead read

{ ["name"] = "SLPS_031.48", ["file"] = "PATCHFILES\\SLPS_031.48" },

4) open PATCHFILES\SYSTEM_031.CNF and edit the line:

BOOT = cdrom:SLPS_031.47;1

to instead read

BOOT = cdrom:SLPS_031.48;1

5) Run normal.bat, and enjoy the goodness that is AGTP.

Thanks so much Gid.  I wish I were able to help with this, real-life slaps you around like a lil ***** sometimes, I'm still trying to hold on!

Also, using epsxe 1.70 I am able to hear the Voice Acting.  Not sure why it wasn't working for Isao.
IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2008, 04:04:53 AM » by jolly_old_saint
Good to know...and they say folks aren't rewarded for staying up to five in the morning.

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2008, 04:29:00 AM » by Mannypooh
i couldnt get it to work, it saied it had a bad discriptor, whatever that is :(
IP Logged

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW A
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2008, 05:41:20 AM » by alaras
Thanks for the tip, Gouki!  It worked perfectly!
IP Logged

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2008, 06:21:52 AM » by Megaflamer
W00T

i have been waiting for this one (or any of the srw games for that matter)
IP Logged

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2008, 06:30:47 AM » by AuraBattler
OMFG! GIdeon! You soooo rock! Even though I wanted Alpha first, this is just as effin' amazing! I'd kiss your feet!

...and Isamu, there's nothin' wrong with chasing some tail.

Adios...
IP Logged

(Read 153511 times) 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Jump to: