release news ~ merry christmas - srw alpha gaiden

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10987 Posts, 530 Topics, 743 Members, Latest Member: brbrafns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 144106 times) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2008, 06:48:28 AM » by netherchorus
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 06:51:20 AM by netherchorus »
i couldnt get it to work, it saied it had a bad discriptor, whatever that is :(
make sure the bin and cue files are inside the "ALPHA GAIDEN ENGLISH" folder and both have been renamed srwag.bin and srwag.cue respectively.  the error means it can't find the bin and cue files...least that's what it was when I got that error
IP Logged

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2008, 06:49:13 AM » by Badaro
I am aware of three different releases of the game: the original, PSOne Books, and Premium Box. Of these I only had access to the original and the Premium Box versions; it's very possible that 031.48 is PSOne Books. I can't promise that 031.48 is supported at the moment, however trivial it may be to add support for it.

Can someone upload the actual SLPS_031.48 file somewhere? I don't need the full ISO, just that one file.

From what I could gather, there are four actually:
- Original Version (SLPS03148)
- Limited Edition (SLPS03147)
- PSOne Books (SLPS91506)
- Premium Box (?)

The original version and the limited edition were released at the same time, so they're probably identical except from game IDs.
IP Logged

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2008, 07:03:14 AM » by Corrales
Gid, can I call you God instead? You're awesome!
IP Logged

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2008, 07:35:39 AM » by AuraBattler
Great job Sir Gideon, plays like a charm. 
Now to wait another year or two for the fixes, considering I can't hear the XA sounds on the patched copy, even though I could on the original.

Adios...
IP Logged

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2008, 08:30:13 AM » by Syuviel
For anyone who has a problem with the cd-tool crashing... just download cd-tool-20080312-win32.zip from the directory(there is a link in Gid's readme). just copy the updated cd-tool to the patch folder and it'll stop crashing. I think this only happens to people running vista but I'm not sure. anyway I'm about to see how it runs on my psp. Thanks for all the great patches Gideon!
IP Logged

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2008, 09:15:32 AM » by GreenEnergy
You rock soooo hard, Gid!! Thanks A FUCKING LOT to you and ALL who worked on that!
IP Logged

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2008, 09:58:11 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Thanks for the translation Gid, probably will never get to play it since I don't have a copy of the game and my internet connection is dial-up.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2008, 10:12:08 AM » by ChrisABlair
I've used syuviel's method, but my cd-tool STILL keeps crashing! Is there any way to get past this? I'm running vista, if that helps

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2008, 10:33:27 AM » by Syuviel
I've used syuviel's method, but my cd-tool STILL keeps crashing! Is there any way to get past this? I'm running vista, if that helps
that sucks, sorry i couldn't help. Vista is fickle though...
IP Logged

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2008, 10:40:21 AM » by Omegaxboy
I also notice the voice isn't there in the game like the theme song in title menu and also when they are in battle, they don't shout out their moves.  I have the 031.48 and follow the guide posted by evilgouki and after created iso, I changed it to psp format and played on psp. 

The game runs fine but there isn't voice. The background music plays fine tho.  I notice someone posted this problem earlier in the thread.  Anyone else have the voice and opening theme song working?
IP Logged

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2008, 10:46:06 AM » by Syuviel
I also notice the voice isn't there in the game like the theme song in title menu and also when they are in battle, they don't shout out their moves.  I have the 031.48 and follow the guide posted by evilgouki and after created iso, I changed it to psp format and played on psp. 

The game runs fine but there isn't voice. The background music plays fine tho.  I notice someone posted this problem earlier in the thread.  Anyone else have the voice and opening theme song working?
what did you use to make the psp eboot? Every time I make one it says it's corrupt even though it works fine on my comp. (Also I use psx2psp and i've made tons of eboots with it...)
IP Logged

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2008, 10:48:17 AM » by Mannypooh
ill have to wait until a generous soul manages to put out a translated iso for this thing :( stupid vista
IP Logged

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2008, 10:59:02 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
ill have to wait until a generous soul manages to put out a translated iso for this thing :( stupid vista

I get the impression ye're relatively new.  By my impression, Gid does not think highly of distributed pre-patched ROMs/ISOs

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2008, 11:04:58 AM » by Mannypooh
i just cant get it to patch :( cd tools keeps crashing everytime i run it, i tried updating it but the lua messes up
IP Logged

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2008, 11:06:43 AM » by Syuviel
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 11:10:06 AM by Syuviel »
i just cant get it to patch :( cd tools keeps crashing everytime i run it, i tried updating it but the lua messes up
did you try just replacing the cd tool with the 08 version? i didnt update anything else, I left the lua files alone. It should still be the 2004 version for the lua... if thats not what will make it run then idk.
IP Logged

(Read 144106 times) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to: