release news ~ merry christmas - srw alpha gaiden

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 148016 times) 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2008, 08:00:19 PM » by theOtherGuy
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 08:06:29 PM by theOtherGuy »
Just like some of you guys, I don't have any voices either.  I knew something was wrong when I just started playing.  However, I think one mistake by my part was that my original image file was a .MDF (without an .MDS).  I was successful converting it to a .BIN and .CUE, but without voices.  Maybe some of you guys did what I did?

EDIT: The original RIP might have something to do with it, I noticed my .MDF in ePSXe 1.7 doesn't seem to have voices.
IP Logged

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW A
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2008, 08:16:57 PM » by navybill1984
That might be, because it didnt have voices in either emulator for me. But then again, I just made an ISO from my original disc to patch it, and i didnt have voices then with either emulator either with the original cd or the ISO from it.
IP Logged

« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2008, 08:35:16 PM » by Mannypooh
@_@ i finally got the translation to work, it's amazing. Im not worried about there not being voices ingame since im so used to playing snes games :P
IP Logged

« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2008, 08:36:28 PM » by theOtherGuy
@_@ i finally got the translation to work, it's amazing. Im not worried about there not being voices ingame since im so used to playing snes games :P
Yeah, it mostly feels like just playing the GBA games.
IP Logged

« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2008, 11:35:23 PM » by kkd17
Hello! This is my first post and I love this forum but this is not why I am here for(yet).

Now I have an ISO for Alpha Gaiden(the 48 version) and Im trying to apply the patch but CD Tool seems to be having problems. I dont know how to deal with this because I dont have much knowledge with patching ISOs or how to use CD tool. Can anyone help me? The assistance is apprieciated!
IP Logged

« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2008, 11:49:33 PM » by theOtherGuy
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 12:27:07 AM by theOtherGuy »
I changed my rip now to a .BIN and it all works fine now (voices I mean).  I guess a lot of the voice problems seem to come from the original RIP and converting that RIP doesn't seem to solve problems.

As to the .48 problem, I believe there's a post on page 2.  When he mentions opening a file, use notepad.  I followed it exactly and everything works fine now.

EDIT: Even for a BETA, I'm loving.  Much much much thanks and grats.
IP Logged

« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2008, 03:26:19 AM » by kkd17
Thanks for the help. This game is awesome! My only issue is that my text seems to run off screen. Is this supposed to happen or do I need to tweak something?
IP Logged

« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2008, 04:39:25 AM » by teasel
Just like some of you guys, I don't have any voices either.  I knew something was wrong when I just started playing.  However, I think one mistake by my part was that my original image file was a .MDF (without an .MDS).  I was successful converting it to a .BIN and .CUE, but without voices.  Maybe some of you guys did what I did?

EDIT: The original RIP might have something to do with it, I noticed my .MDF in ePSXe 1.7 doesn't seem to have voices.
i think you are right because i did the same thing and burned a copy without the patch applied (it was a mistake) and now that i tested it it misses voices too
IP Logged

« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2008, 04:00:49 PM » by suchiuomizu
I seem to have a problem different from everyone else here.  I patched the game successfully and when I play I can get to the main menu and even load saves from before I patched it but if I try to start a new game it just sits on a black screen.  I even tried the unpatched version again and it had no problems with the intro and several unsuccessful attempts at repatching.
IP Logged

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2008, 04:14:08 PM » by Drake333
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:19:56 PM by Drake333 »
Some info would help on your setup then. What emulator and version of that emulator are you using? What is your computer's processor and graphics card model?

Hopefully that will shed some light on possible causes.

Also, I am assuming that you followed the directions carefully when patching, making sure all files are in the same directory, in the correct format, and named correctly?
IP Logged

« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2008, 04:39:43 PM » by gamerk2
I would like to thank evilgouki for the help with the .48 version.  That did it for me too!

At least it seems easy enough to change the patcher to work for the .48 version; hope thats added for the next release!
IP Logged

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2008, 04:41:23 PM » by suchiuomizu
Several versions of ePSXe (1.4, 1.6, 1,7), and PSx 1.13.  NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, AMD Athlon 64 X2.  I made a point of following the steps in the readme and on page 2 (I have the PSOne books version).  I've run out of ideas for what else to try.  Maybe I have to wait until a new patch comes out that includes the PSOne books version but I'm hoping there is something I'm missing to get around the problem.
IP Logged

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2008, 01:28:48 AM » by Adam214
hi guys! I was succesful in patching the game but i had the same problem of the missing battle voices and i was wondering what might have caused it... i was wondering if there is a possibility that the once who was able to make it work(battle voices) could perhaps create a torrent of it or something and share it here so that we can also enjoy the game with it... :D
IP Logged

« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2008, 04:20:27 AM » by AtlasTheStrong
It took me two days but i got it to work and all the way at that. I just can't wait till the true version is out. Till then i will play this till my eyeballs bleed. I love your work and you've inspired  me to learn. Maybe in the future i'll be able to help.
IP Logged

« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2008, 04:34:55 AM » by grimallq
I've checked both SPLS_031.47 and SPLS_031.48.

It looks like 47 is missing an entire audio channel when played on an emulator. It's not only voices that are missing, several other sound effect are gone during cutscenes (like the machinery noise in the beginning of Luna 2 scene - mission 4 moon route).

I checked it on pSX 1.13 and ePSXe 1.7 (several sound plugins) both patched and unpatched ISO's. I don't know if its an issue with the game, the emus or just my losy rip of 47. i don't have a PSX, bbut maaybe I'll check it a PS2 later.
IP Logged

(Read 148016 times) 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Jump to: