release news ~ merry christmas - srw alpha gaiden

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 139878 times) 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2008, 05:45:36 AM » by Devon_v
I don't know what's up, but it's probably my shitty internet connection. Every time I try to download this patch it stalls at ~130Kb. I NEED MY SRW! ;) The RapidShare link ran out of download tokens or something, so could somebody put the file on some server that supports download resuming so that my weak-ass modem can download it? Pretty please?
IP Logged

« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2008, 08:15:18 AM » by Lukez
I don't visit these forums very often but I just had to thank you for doing this game! I love me my SRW!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2008, 09:36:37 AM » by Kouban
So is there any possibility of the character & robot encyclopedias getting translated?
IP Logged

« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2008, 02:18:37 PM » by Badaro
I think those audio issues are most likely related to problems when ripping or burning the game:

- If you own the game: Try a different tool. I used ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com), which is free, and audio is working just fine.

- If you downloaded the game (shame on you!), it's most likely a bad dump. Try to find a different source for the game.
IP Logged

« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2008, 02:32:29 PM » by Shale
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 11:08:48 PM by Shale »
This is also posted on SRWG-W, but since I've finally managed to register here (Capcha images are down and the "read the letters" link gives wrong letters more often than not), I might as well post where Gid is more likely to read it.

First off: AWESOME JOB. The script reads really smoothly, the jokes are funny, and even the puns come through. If I could I'd buy you all a round of drinks, because you rule.

A few minor issues I noticed (updated as I find more):

When Ryuune uses the Divine Sword, one of her quotes reads " ke this! Divine Arm!"
Shu(u)'s name is spelled with one "U" in dialogue but two in combat.
When buying parts at the bazaar, the Repair Kit (HP restoration) has the description of a Super Repair Kit (HP, EN, ammo and SP restoration).
Eagle Fighter N has Fighter spelled "Fitghter".
I've only noticed it in Stage 13, so I'm not sure if it's only there or everywhere (and it might be deliberate, I don't know), but the lettering in the chapter titles is off-alignment, with some letters higher or lower than others.

WARNING: EXTRA-NITPICKY NOTES FOLLOW:
When Tetsuya uses Scramble Cutter, the translation of the battle cry reads "Scrander Cutter" (He does say "Scramble," or at least it sounds like it to me)
During Biel and Dowas' conversation before chapter 13, Biel says "There are already Civilians with a mentality close to ours Living in a region of the North Ameria continent." "Living" should be lowercase, and "American" is misspelled.
Volt Frigate's cold laser is Freezer Beam in the attack list, but Freezer Ray when Hiyoshi yells its name during the attack.
IP Logged

« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2008, 04:29:14 PM » by Devon_v
If anyone else is having download problems, here's a resumable link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zjuziwni2y2
IP Logged

« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2008, 06:46:06 PM » by teasel
oh if you want to know some spellchecking error i found another one when using goddess spear attack she says "7rike" (i suppose it was meant to be strike!) and i think there is also a mispelling in one of the memory card menu (something like memoy)

oh anyway i found a good dump and now i'm happily screaming my lungs out of every super attack (SCIAINNNNNNNNNN SPAAAAKKKUUUU)
IP Logged

« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2008, 11:10:16 PM » by Chibi Kami
Nailed the spelling of Precia (glad I'm not the only one who noticed her name was a pun on the word "precious")

Missed with Tyutti Nolbach; it's more likely Tutti Norbach (the u in Tutti having an umlaut or whatever those two dots are called)

I'm undecided on Cenia as I actually like it better with a C. I just hope Wendy's family name is Ichnault and not Icknart

I have a ton of screenshots of minor typos.

Oh, and an issue. On occasion, various characters' (Zechs, Heero, Kouji Kabuto to name a few) over-the-top super attacks are so awesome that they crash the emulator. it's possible this is the emulator's fault (ePSXe 1.7.0), but as its not a consistent error, it might be related to coding in the pilot text.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2008, 01:44:09 AM » by anito9999
tnx for the translation but have question cuz before i patched my .bin/.cue files i tested them on epsxe and they were working fine but when patched it the character voices wont work anymore what was wrong already tried doing it again for four times but i get the same results did do something cuz everything is fine except for the voices plz help cuz without the awesome voice overs the game doesn't feel the same anymore tnx and more power wohoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!   
IP Logged

« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2008, 01:45:39 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Focker is mis-spelled as Fokker.
I know you're aware of this one. But I wanna be cool and nitpick too!

More nitpicky: It should be South Ataria Island, not South Atalia Island.

Your Macross uberfanboy now returns to his regularly-shceduled idiocy.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW A
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2008, 02:07:30 AM » by Drake333
tnx for the translation but have question cuz before i patched my .bin/.cue files i tested them on epsxe and they were working fine but when patched it the character voices wont work anymore what was wrong already tried doing it again for four times but i get the same results did do something cuz everything is fine except for the voices plz help cuz without the awesome voice overs the game doesn't feel the same anymore tnx and more power wohoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!   

Someone needs to purchase more punctuation for their sentences.
IP Logged

« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2008, 02:13:10 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
-wall off text-
Someone needs to purchase more punctuation for their sentences.
a few enter keys would have helped too.

gaiden's out and that makes me supremely happy I hope to try it soon

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2008, 03:47:21 AM » by teasel
so how does the game compare to super robot taisen OG for those that have played it?
IP Logged

« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2008, 09:42:14 AM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Extraordinarily nitpicky: The official (Atlus, SRWOG) translation of Sanger's name is "Zonvolt" not "Sombold". >_>

Outside that, I haven't had a chance to try the patch yet, but it looks excellent.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2008, 10:01:56 AM » by Shale
Sombold seems to be an actual name, though, sort of like the Sanger/Zengar thing.
IP Logged

(Read 139878 times) 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Jump to: