release news ~ merry christmas - srw alpha gaiden

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 763 Members, Latest Member: lahmndras01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 139968 times) 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2009, 10:49:00 PM » by ChrisABlair
Grrrrr! I'm using my grandma's computer (It runs windows xp) and I still can't get the ****ing cd tool to work!!

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2009, 03:22:24 AM » by gamerk2
All the files that need to be changed for the .48 version can be opened with notepad (I dragged and droped into a blank one, but opening directly should work).
IP Logged

« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2009, 08:58:57 AM » by Mega-Pimp
I seem to have another problem, during the rescue mission near Dakar with Braiger, the movie that's supposed to play crashes both emulators (ePSXe 1.7.0 and pSX, 1.13).
Just like Alpha and the Evangelion intro movie.
I've tried to get around it but no luck.
Any ideas?
IP Logged

« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2009, 02:30:26 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:13:58 PM by TCM »
Using SSSPSX emulator, the game plays fine, but all voices and some sound effects are missing. Note that this may be an artifact of the emulator, or a problem with the pre-patched ISO I grabbed (I had the .48 image, and didn't notice the fix on this topic.). I'll be testing the .48 patched ISO with ePSXe 1.70, pSX 1.13, and SSSPSX, and let you know my findings.

EDIT: And yes, I know SSSPSX is massively out of date, but I don't like to bother updating emulators unless I have to.

EDIT2: The pre-patched ISO was the problem. After patching my own (.48) image (which itself was downloaded, not ripped by me) using the method outlined on page 2, the voices and sound effects all work. So, if you've downloaded the pre-patched ISO (which is the one I've seen on major torrent search engines), that's probably the problem.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2009, 10:01:44 PM » by suchiuomizu
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:32:56 AM by suchiuomizu »
I must be doing something wrong if the page two steps are working for everyone with .48.  I'm starting to think something is somehow interfering with patching process, can't figure out any other reason that it works perfectly before the patch but not afterwards.  Even after several retries at ripping an image and trying to patch on two computers.

Edit: Well finally got it working, but only after getting a copy of .47.  I've given up trying to figure out what went wrong with the .48 copy.
IP Logged

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW A
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2009, 07:47:33 PM » by srwexposed
check this out; i have 3148 version patch works fine with it once you do the following. take a look at the lua script i had to do some minor tweaking but it worked. if you still have probs 3148 users let me know i may have not been detailed enough.
1.update cdtools
2.go to the web address and look at the lua text script its the one i used to get my patch working hope this helps.

http://masterxagas.awardspace.com/srwag/index.php?id=patch
IP Logged

« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2009, 11:00:59 AM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
I have an interesting little problem, now.

I've been using the pSX emulator, when I "Insert CD" of the cue file, it loads a PSX logo, and nothing important. If I use a save state of the title screen, I can get past it. Oddly, my emulated memory card got corrupted (Somehow) at about the time this started happening.

IP Logged

« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2009, 11:57:46 AM » by Devon_v
I keep attempting the download and it never gets past 2.6 MB befote failing. Something up?

Somewhere back on page 2 or 3 there are two links to alternate downloads. The RapidShare one is broken now, but the other might still work.

Is there any way to play this on a PS2?
I don't know about any of that hacking stuff so you can play games on Xboxes or anything, if that's even involved here.

Yes, the PS2 can already play PSX games, but your PS2 needs to be modded to not care that the translated version isn't a "legit" disc (or that it's out of region), even if you own the original. The same is true of an actual PSX.
IP Logged

« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2009, 07:16:47 PM » by Onmi
I got it, but now...

Well I used the instructions to mod a .48 Patcher but it won't run for some odd reason.
IP Logged

« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2009, 09:33:02 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 04:20:40 PM by TCM »
I think I've figured out my interesting problem: I didn't edit the "Boot 31.47" line to read "31.48". Will be back after test.

EDIT: Yes it worked. Interestingly, my emulated memory card was wiped again, this time without the messy corruption.

IP Logged

« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2009, 09:49:21 AM » by Mannypooh
i really liked the translation on this game :) it was really well done considering that there is alot of between mission text. Unfortunately i could not get past mission 39 because of so many nukes you have to disable but im still impressed :) thanks AG team people :o
IP Logged

« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2009, 11:45:07 PM » by ChrisABlair
Okay, I've tried EVERYTHING recommended here, and it still won't work! I'm very pissed. Grr. Oh, well. At least I can enjoy it in Japanese for a bit longer.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2009, 06:04:38 AM » by Badbufon -[DC]- headmaster º_º
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 06:06:55 AM by Badbufon »
download the already patched Game (google it), and run it on VGS (w/patch for XP), works for me, voices and everithing (some bugged text in caracter/robot list, but, I'm not sure if it is for the emulator)

[ Lion Fan I-I Guarlion Fan I-I Altelion Fan ]
      -> Jarana Mk II Custom Pilot <-
IP Logged

« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2009, 07:19:53 AM » by Dashman
finally made it here (thanks for removing the "write the invisible word" thing :P). first of all, great work, even with the small issues I love it. I had no problems patching my iso (I think it was one of those 47 versions out there) and have been playing through 32 stages so far, switching between ePSXe (for funds/bs codes, yeah I stink) and pSX for normal play without sound problems of any kind (well, pSX doesn't feature the "echo" effect for super robot pilots' voices, but that's an emulation issue) and I've noticed some glitches, most probably caused by a bad version of the game.

1) bazaar went completely crazy. having 35 pages of spare parts to buy is not really normal, and being offered some Arghamas for purchase isn't either. this problem didn't appear before patching.

2) some units have weird stats/weapons. well, actually only one, my Gundam Double X can use its Beam Rifle 32 out of 8 times... isn't it convenient? I don't recall this happening before patching either.

3) sometimes, during a normal attack you can see the "support attack" message appear on screen as if it was a real support attack. this definitely didn't happen before patching.

4) some conditions for recruiting characters are messed up. this happened to me before patching. normally you get to convince Puru 2 up to 3 times (and blowing her up with Judau 1 or 2, 2 if you want to be sure) to get Haman's Qubeley, or only 2 for the red Qubeley. the game lets me convince her 4 times and I still get the red Qubeley. another one is Enil's Jenice Kai, on stage 32 (I think) you should be able to convince her for the last time, or blow her machine up for the last time with Garod to get it, but it doesn't work no matter what you try, you can't get it (thus missing G-Bits).

5) can't finish the game. this happened to my iso before patching sadly. on mission 32 space route Harry Ord is supposed to appear in his Gold SUMO in the battlefield, but instead I get Musashi in Getter-1 o_O, thus not letting Harry join (nor Musashi if I remember correctly) and messing up some event in a later scenario, hanging the game. if you take earth route, there's a stage in which Kouji is left alone against lots of Mazinger enemies, I remember there was an event that didn't happen (God knows why) and didn't let you finish the scenario, I still have to test that though.

the point of this long story is: if you find you have issue 1 stop using that iso and look for a good one (which I'll do now) :P
IP Logged

« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2009, 07:42:59 AM » by suchiuomizu
There is a save game editor out there that will let you fix some of the problems and avoid using two emulators.  I used it to replace the red Quebely Mk II with Haman's after hae your problem and to force Enil's custo Jenice in when it would not let me convince her either.  It might work for the Harr/Musahi issue but I don't know since I was able to get around that with my unpatched .48 version.
IP Logged

(Read 139968 times) 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Jump to: