release news ~ merry christmas - srw alpha gaiden

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10987 Posts, 530 Topics, 744 Members, Latest Member: k4ra187

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 144158 times) 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2009, 09:02:28 AM » by Dashman
that could be a solution if I knew where the flags for certain conditions are stored... well, guess that a savefile is not that big, what's the name of that savefile editor? (just googled it and didn't find anything significative) normally I just changed units' IDs with ePSXe (on Bazaar or even existing units), but some of them crashed the game (try buying a Hi-Nu Gundam... :P). I managed even to turn that Getter-1 appearing in scenario 32 into a Gold SUMO, but wasn't successful at turning Musashi into Harry (it was long ago, can't remember why)... I'll give a try to that savefile editor, but will look for a proper iso anyway, thanks.
IP Logged

« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2009, 12:11:58 PM » by grimallq
I'll second the rifle ammo issue. Both DX and DX+G-Falcon have normal ammo count in Unit Info during intermission and then change to 32/8 during the battle.
The same with the "Support Attack" sign showing up during normal attacks. Or at least same untranslatetd japanese sign shows up during normal attack animation in the lower right corner, but not on the map if turn off animation,

As for the other stuff:
- bazzar works fine (thou I'm such a cheapskate that my Blue Stones capped at 9999)
- Harry showed up normally in his SUMO in Moon Route 32
- no problems in getting the white Qubeley

I took the Turn-A route so I cant't check the Janice/G-bits issue yet. I've been playing on SPLS 031.48 but I've checked the DX's rifle on 47 ... got the same problem there.
IP Logged

« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2009, 05:58:26 PM » by KLin Shin Sengoku Gundam
Wow, can't believe I missed the release date by a couple weeks but better late than never. :D I had a hunch it would be Alpha Gaiden though, so I dusted off my import copy that I had left virtually untouched for 8 or so years. Glad I knew where to find it still! Maybe I'll upload some scans from the original manual if I can get my piece of junk scanner to work.

I can tell I've been out of the scene way too long when my co-worker hears about the translation releases before I do! Oh yeah, Gid you remember that Gundam X gif you showed me all those years ago?

http://klin304.homestead.com/files/sateraitokyannon.gif

Still got it. :D
IP Logged

« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2009, 06:29:48 PM » by suchiuomizu
http://rapidshare.com/files/178217081/srwalphag_toole.zip.html

That's a link to the editor.  You don't have to worry about flags, it is easy to use.  You just find the appropriate unit on the units tab and replace it, changing pilots is easy too.  I had to do that when I got Shin Getter, Hayato and Benkei made into Shin Getter 2 and 3 but Ryouma did not make into Shin Getter 1.

One thing I forgot to mention is that it apparently won't work on 64-bit versions of Windows XP/Vista.
IP Logged

« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2009, 07:06:35 PM » by Adamjirra
Oh god yes, first off, thanks Gid, you rock out loud for this patch, I can die a happy man now.

Secondly...this is a technical question. I (unfortunately) torrented two versions of this (I will buy this game however next chance I get, money is kind of tight.) One that was a .img file and a .bin file. I split and patched up the .bin, but is there anything I can do with the .img in order to get it into .bin/.cgu format to patch it? Just curious thats all really. Thanks in advance.
IP Logged

« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2009, 08:46:05 PM » by grimallq
Unless there's some easy conversion tool around ...
The easiest way would be to mount the .img in a cd-rom emulator. Then just rip the emulated CD into bin/cue format.
IP Logged

« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2009, 09:18:58 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
I had no problems with stage 32 (moon). Harry showed up normally. I will be seeing about the G-Bits, but I've fufilled all the requirements.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW A
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2009, 08:18:05 AM » by TheTenderizer What is a flan?
Well, this game is nothing short of awesome.  Danke, Ghid.

Unfortunately, I went moon route (Well, both times, but I'm talkin' the second one) and my game crashed when I got the Ra Calium to the microwave dish (I don't remember the exact mission number, it's the one with a bazillion bits.) and the game froze.  It's a fairly long mission (at least two hours since you can't use map weapons and since everyone can replenish hp and EN fairly easily as it's like a war of attrition) so I will retry it, but hopefully it doesn't happen again.

The only weird thing I did was I put Lt. Harry in the Val Varo (kind of awesome), besides slaughtering everyone instead of trying to complete the mission without everyone shooting the Ra Calium down (yeah, right).

Even though I didn't like Stardust Memory that much, the mobile armours from it are kind of amazing, and the music is as rockin' as ever.

Thanks to whoever put up the editor, I'll fiddle with it if I still have trouble.

Tell no one
IP Logged

« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2009, 09:38:44 AM » by Dashman
thanks a lot for the editor, I'll give it a try soon :)

btw, I sometimes have been successful in turning .img images into .bin ones just by changing the extension iirc (yeah, it's quite a dumb solution, but I think it worked sometimes).

I totally loved 0083 for its good animation and Gato, that guy was badass (some stupid stuff and overdramatic scenes with Kou and Nina made me look somewhere else though...).
IP Logged

« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2009, 06:04:47 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Got G-Bits as normal. Also, game didn't freeze when the Ra Calium moved onto the microwave station.

Stage 36's title "Shin Getter Robo, Stolen!" cut off the last half of "Robo".

IP Logged

« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2009, 04:32:27 AM » by Dashman
I tried the savefile editor already and wow, amazing what you can do with it. I put Harry in my squad and then he showed up in stage 32 (I guess the problem was that for some reason I never got him... when does he join normally?). a pity that altering parts (adding 9 haros for example) doesn't work properly (you get 0 out of 9), but at least you can put as many parts in your mechs as you want... my cheater soul is burning man!

Off-topic (kinda) I visited the creator of this savefile editor website and found this kind of program for most SRW games (except the GB and SNES ones), at last I'll be able to add Seabook Arno to my character roster in SRW64 without sacrificing an existing character! (and F91, which I never managed to make it pop up correctly...) oh and Zambot too, but that's secondary :P
IP Logged

« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2009, 10:13:35 AM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Harry joins...A looooong way back. The mission after Kihel sends him to your group, I think.

IP Logged

« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2009, 06:00:36 AM » by Basarin
Hi,

I've seen and heard great things about this patch. I played this game during high school, and though I never understood just WHAT was going on, it was still good fun watching stuff blow up minute after minute. Now it looks like I can relive it with the plot!

Well, I would, but I seem to have a problem downloading the file from the website. The zip file posted keeps telling me there was an "Unexpected end to archive." I can see the files inside, but I can't extract them. I saw the two external links, but both the Rapidshare and Mediafire links seem to be down. Can anyone help me? All other attempts to find an external link have resulted in only ISO images prepatched to the English patch.

Thank you very much in advance.
IP Logged

« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2009, 06:41:54 AM » by TheTenderizer What is a flan?
That sounds like you're not downloading the entire file, and is probably an issue with your internet timing out on the transfer, messing up, and thinking it's complete when it isn't (which is a big pain).

If you can, use a download client, as they shouldn't do that. 

Tell no one
IP Logged

« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2009, 07:11:24 AM » by Basarin
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:28:41 AM by Basarin »
That sounds like you're not downloading the entire file, and is probably an issue with your internet timing out on the transfer, messing up, and thinking it's complete when it isn't (which is a big pain).

If you can, use a download client, as they shouldn't do that. 

The suggestion is much appreciated. However, even with a download manager or somesuch, at 24% it keeps timing out, and it refuses to resume downloading. >_< What were the chances?

Still, thanks again.

EDIT: Okay, I found an alternate download site for future reference if anyone suffers the same fate as I. Just grab it from here.

http://www.romhacking.net/trans/859/
IP Logged

(Read 144158 times) 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to: