release news ~ merry christmas - srw alpha gaiden

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 153492 times) 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW A
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2009, 10:18:50 AM » by alaras
It keeps freezing up on the FMV sequences.  Anyone know a way to skip those?
IP Logged

« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2009, 05:54:51 PM » by TheTenderizer What is a flan?
Fiddle with the graphical settings on ePSXe (Or whatever you're using) to prevent the crashes.  Besides the editing software, I don't think it's possible to skip much of anything.  I remember from Valkyrie Profile that tweaking the graphical output controls makes a lot of difference (and sometimes, sound settings, too!)

Something weird happened to me today - a guy behind me in class saw me playing SRWAG and passed up a note (he immediately recognized it from playing the Japanese version a while back) asking for it, so I stuffed it on his USB drive and off he went.  He was pretty happy, since he'd since lost the disc.

GID IS MAKING THAT GUY'S WILDEST DREAMS COME TRUE

Tell no one
IP Logged

« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2009, 08:36:17 PM » by alaras
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 06:53:27 AM by alaras »
Final Fantasy IX had a gameshark code that would skip them.  I was wondering if anyone had an equivalent for this (I don't cheat, I just want to complete Space Route mission 6).  Barring that, anyone know how to do it with P.E.O.p.S plugin?
IP Logged

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2009, 10:34:03 AM » by EaterBrain Shin Getter's Voice of Reason
I'd like to remind people about documented AG (unpached original) bugs:

Quote from: www.dra-mata.com
A few Japanese sites have documented a few bugs with the gameplay worth noting.
>On Stage 32 (Moon route), Harry is supposed to launch in his SUMO, but for
some reason, sometimes Getter-1 launches instead with Musashi. When this bug
occurs, it renders Harry permanently unusable.
>In a worst-case scenario, a lethal bug can occur in stage 36 that keeps the
game from continuing; Without Ryouma at the helm of Getter Dragon, the story
doesn't proceed as it should.
>On Stage 39 ("Showdown at X-Point!"), if you have Zeta Gundam transformed into
its Waverider mode when the Rosamia event occurs (when you reduce Rosamia to
under 50% HP), the game can freeze.

Info from http://www.dra-mata.com/texts/AG%20Miscellaneous%20Tips.txt

BEWARE!
IP Logged

« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2009, 07:23:21 PM » by ChrisABlair
Grr. The Brygar cutscene worked, why doesn't the Dakar cutscene? By the way I'm playing this on my psp. Damn good work Folks

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2009, 08:05:26 PM » by alaras
Found a way to make the game work through FMVs, so I don't need that code anymore.  Turns out you need to redo the original ISO so that it has a subchannel...
IP Logged

« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2009, 01:31:06 AM » by Garesh
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 01:33:49 AM by Garesh »
hello and once again great work witht eh tranlation. I'm having a problem with the second half of stage 36. i managed to finish the mazinkaiser part but on the second part all i can hear is the getter music but the getter robo never appears, all it does is play the music and nothing more. I'm using the xpoint route. does anyone know how to fix this or at least bypass this?
IP Logged

« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2009, 12:27:34 PM » by Dashman
wow, didn't know these bugs were official, I always thought it was some emulation issue or some bad iso dump problem... thanks for the info EaterBrain.

Garesh, as you can read in EaterBrain's post, your problem is that somehow Ryouma is not piloting Getter-Dragon. a possible solution would be using the savefile editor that suchiuomizu mentioned some posts before and place good ol' Ryou where he belongs. if that doesn't work, well... shit happens.
IP Logged

« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2009, 05:18:00 PM » by Garesh
Thanks i'll try that as soon as i can. :-)
IP Logged

« Reply #159 on: January 28, 2009, 02:46:32 PM » by Dashman
ok, found some time to play today and got to stage 35 moon route, only to hang the game in the same spot it always hanged for me. when you get Ral Cailum on the microwave transmitter, enemies flee (if there's any enemies left, that is) and after some small dialogue they say more enemies are coming... but they don't come out (shy enemies) and you are left there with a bunch of poor sad mechas with no enemies to have endless conversations with before blowing up their asses... guess my copy is really screwed up. I'll give a try to x-point route when I find some more time and see if it still hangs in the stage in which Kouji gets owned by Shin Getter. did anyone have this problem before?
IP Logged

« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2009, 02:51:45 PM » by suchiuomizu
That's another one of those problems that have been around pre-patch I believe.  It is apparently usually caused by killing too many enemies.  If that dosen't fix it I don't know what else to say.
IP Logged

« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2009, 02:59:13 PM » by Dashman
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 06:04:24 PM by Dashman »
killing too many enemies in a SRW? something has gone really wrong in these games lol

anyway thanks, I was suspecting that could be the reason (couldn't resist clearing the map...), I'll give it a try later.

EDIT: YAY! it worked!! it was quite annoying going through the whole stage killing ONLY 1 enemy (moreover when your Ra Cailum is surrounded by around 50 brainless bastards with bazookas and you can only play defensive...), but now I can play the game to the end! thanks a lot suchiuomizu!

...where did you find all that info btw?
IP Logged

« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2009, 03:21:58 AM » by Garesh
Cool my game finally worked. Anyone using the xpoint route should definitely use the memory card tool as ryoma will never appear inside getter dragon and will most likely hang the game. tnx again and hapy gaming
IP Logged

« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2009, 05:04:44 PM » by gamerk2
That's another one of those problems that have been around pre-patch I believe.  It is apparently usually caused by killing too many enemies.  If that dosen't fix it I don't know what else to say.

The unpatched version got me past that point, but I think I may have killed only one with the unpatched version anyway...
IP Logged

« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2009, 02:00:22 AM » by Gelmax
IIRC, the cause of the problem is that every unit spawned takes up a space in the unit list and isn't actually removed when the enemy is killed, and that the game can only store a certain amount of enemy units per scenario after which point the list is "full" and no more enemies can spawn. Normally this isn't a problem, but the G-Bits in that stage respawn pretty much infinitely, so if you try to clear the stage by killing them all then after suitable slaughter you WILL eventually hit that limit, causing the G-Bits to stop spawning...and preventing the game from spawning the enemies in the next part of the scenario, confusing the game and stopping your progress.

It's okay to kill a few G-Bits, you can probably kill twenty or thirty without any problems, but there really isn't much need to keep count as long as you're just clearing a path rather than outright slaughtering everything you can. If the G-Bits stop spawning, you might as well force a game over because you've already killed too many enemies.
IP Logged

(Read 153492 times) 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Jump to: