release news ~ merry christmas - srw alpha gaiden

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 148561 times) 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW Alpha Gaiden
« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2009, 02:21:55 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Could be worse. At least it doesn't overflow and start rewriting OTHER data in RAM.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2009, 10:17:07 AM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Out of curiosity, I've been noticing a lot of problems cropping up for people with the .47 version that I know don't happen in the .48 version. This is a check of people's experiences. Fill it out. >_>

Version Number:
Does your game have voices?
Do the character mouths move in scenes?
Did Harry launch in his Gold SUMO in Space Route stage 32?
Was Harry a pilot on your side before then, with his SUMO?
Did Musashi launch there, for some reason, causing your game to freeze/be unplayable?
Did your game have any issues on scenario 36 (X-point or Space?)
Did you get the G-bits?
If not, did you follow every necessary step exactly?

I've had none of these problems, for the record. Well, okay, my character's mouths don't move, and I know from vids that they do in @g.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2009, 12:53:13 PM » by Dashman
I didn't mention the mouths animation but yeah, happens to me too, most probably because in pre-patched version text was generated symbol by symbol during cutscenes instead of just showing the whole message as in the patched version iirc (characters' stopped moving their mouths when the whole message was completely printed). as for the list of problems:

Version Number: .47
Does your game have voices? yes (super robot pilots lack echo effect in most emulators -exception being ePSXe)
Do the character mouths move in scenes? no
Did Harry launch in his Gold SUMO in Space Route stage 32? no
Was Harry a pilot on your side before then, with his SUMO? no
Did Musashi launch there, for some reason, causing your game to freeze/be unplayable? he launched, but freeze problems appeared later in the game (maybe not related to this)
Did your game have any issues on scenario 36 (X-point or Space?) yes (famous Ryouma stuff)
Did you get the G-bits? no (well, actually I didn't get to the point where you get them and Enil was not convinceable so... no)
If not, did you follow every necessary step exactly? yes

to your list of problems I would add the glitched bazaar, although it's not exactly a problem (being able to buy megaboosters early in the game is cool)
IP Logged

Re: Release News ~ Merry Christmas - SRW A
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2009, 10:41:36 AM » by Gelmax
To put a stop to that, I should point out that I have version .47 (properly patched) and I have had absolutely no problems whatsoever, although I didn't try to get the G-Bits.
IP Logged

« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2009, 09:31:47 PM » by gamerk2
I have the .48 version, everything works, minus the freeze at the moon (1 enemy seems to be the most you can kill).
IP Logged

« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2009, 01:18:17 AM » by Gelmax
That can't be. I killed several during my playthrough and had no problems, and version number shouldn't affect that as it's a game issue rather than a patch issue.
IP Logged

« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2009, 01:39:31 PM » by gamerk2
That can't be. I killed several during my playthrough and had no problems, and version number shouldn't affect that as it's a game issue rather than a patch issue.

Thats what I thought too...With that patched version, I killed 2 or three enemies and it locked up;  I tried the mission unpatched and killed only 1 enemy, and it worked fine...I didn't get the change to test patched killing only 1 enemy though.
IP Logged

« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2009, 04:36:34 PM » by hothitsu
So is there a version where the mouths do move?
IP Logged

« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2009, 04:38:42 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
So is there a version where the mouths do move?

No.

IP Logged

« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2009, 06:01:51 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.

IP Logged

« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2009, 11:15:42 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I was under the impression that by "version" he meant "version of the patch" in which case, the answer is still no.

IP Logged

« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2009, 11:49:55 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Oh, yeah, that's true. >_>

IP Logged

« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2009, 08:31:15 PM » by TheTenderizer What is a flan?
I still think it's funny to watch Guin and Kamille freak out with the same dumb look on their faces everytime they want to say anything.

Tell no one
IP Logged

« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2009, 12:52:31 AM » by cpu

thank you AGTP.
yesterday, I has finished SRWAG, after two month playing :D.
It was awesome game.
IP Logged

« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2009, 06:36:47 PM » by Nosaji
I also have the 31.48 CD.  After creating the bin/cue file with ImgBurn, I was able to get it to work with the normal patch (i.e. 31.47 patch) by doing the following:

1) Rename PATCHFILES\SLPS_031.47 to PATCHFILES\SLPS_031.48

2) Open srwag.lua and edit the line

slusdirent = cdutil:findpath "/SLPS_031.47;1" or error "This is not a SuperRobotWarAlphaGaiden Japanese CD."

to instead read

slusdirent = cdutil:findpath "/SLPS_031.48;1" or error "This is not a SuperRobotWarAlphaGaiden Japanese CD."

3) edit the line

{ ["name"] = "SLPS_031.47", ["file"] = "PATCHFILES\\SLPS_031.47" },

to instead read

{ ["name"] = "SLPS_031.48", ["file"] = "PATCHFILES\\SLPS_031.48" },

4) open PATCHFILES\SYSTEM_031.CNF and edit the line:

BOOT = cdrom:SLPS_031.47;1

to instead read

BOOT = cdrom:SLPS_031.48;1

5) Run normal.bat, and enjoy the goodness that is AGTP.

Thanks so much Gid.  I wish I were able to help with this, real-life slaps you around like a lil ***** sometimes, I'm still trying to hold on!

Also, using epsxe 1.70 I am able to hear the Voice Acting.  Not sure why it wasn't working for Isao.

How do you edit the .cnf file? I was able to take care of everything cept for this last step.
IP Logged

(Read 148561 times) 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to: