happy new year 08/09

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Happy new Year 08/09

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11028 Posts, 543 Topics, 771 Members, Latest Member: BlueWizard

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 3786 times) [1]

Happy new Year 08/09
« on: December 29, 2008, 09:23:04 PM » by Dsvaun
Hello everyone.  Obviously everyone is playing Alpha Gaiden (those who managed to not run into any problems) and as such the year is ending on a high note.  Was your year so bad that you needed this to give meaning to life?  Probably not.  My prediction about this year turned out to be completely accurate, but I'll give someone else a turn first.
So how was 2008 for you?
IP Logged

Re: Happy new Year 08/09
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:36:17 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
P4 and getting a job were pretty much the highlights of my year, and they both happened within the last two and a half months.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 10:53:43 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
Well this year I failed Jap3 but at least I got NiGHTS and Baroque for the Wii for christmas
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 07:09:08 PM » by Dsvaun
Couldn't get much in gamewise due to a college program, which l'm in danger of failing making it the second one this year.  Overall things at home are pretty bad, proving my prediction that this year would only  prove that things could get worse.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 07:18:10 PM » by Keiseth The Mimic
P4 and getting a job were pretty much the highlights of my year, and they both happened within the last two and a half months.

I haven't gotten P4 yet, because I haven't finished P3. Hm. Otherwise, my year was the same; I got a job at the end of September. It's been ... an experience, where I work.

This year I learned my talent with music went from atrocious to potentially not terrible (!), I became a bit of a better programmer than I was prior, and I actually socialized slightly. Miracles! Fun year overall.

On the downside, I failed to get into college on account of not having loans ready in time to pay tuition, and they kept my $200 deposit. Bummer. I didn't happen to have $8000 ~ $10,000 laying around for the fee either. Yeesh. Incredible fees.

I also replaced my six plus year old desktop with a laptop. It fails at any sort of gaming but it's otherwise a nice, well-rounded machine. This was timely because my old desktop was starting to emit a smell. A smell that smelled like "burning."

'Twas a good year for AGTP too, clearly.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 08:17:56 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Mreh. I was expectin' '08 to be the best year in a long while for an optimistic reason based off of 07 bein' the worst year of my life, however the hope for this was violently dashed against sawblades when both Gary Gygax and George Carlin died.

I lost my job, though I'm ridin' on unemployment at present, so that's not so bad.

My worthless half-sister has basically complicated everythin' by bringin' her little under-two rugrat into the house and then droppin' her on my mother while she goes out and drinks/drugs herself into oblivion due to the fact that she's a human wasteland. As of this writin' I'm not jokin' when I say that no one in this house cares if she gets arrested (Hell, we want that) or she if were to OD and die.

Let's see now, positive things... Well, @Gaiden has given me cause to at least try the mecha genre, or at least the classics (Mazinger/Gundam, etc) if for no reason other then to see the cultural significance. (Exception: I actually find the Cybuster stuff to be sort of cool, so I'll probably look into that as well.) Side Note: is it just me, or are like, 90% of the pilots ugly?  (Not includin' the Elementals' pilots as they're comparatively new and have the bishi thing goin' on)

Hrm, I think that's about all of the highlights for me... Oh right. Mother 3. Can't forget about that. Well other than that, that's basically the highlights of my year.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 11:01:36 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Let's see now, positive things... Well, @Gaiden has given me cause to at least try the mecha genre, or at least the classics (Mazinger/Gundam, etc) if for no reason other then to see the cultural significance. (Exception: I actually find the Cybuster stuff to be sort of cool, so I'll probably look into that as well.)

Bad news: Cybuster and the rest of the Elementals are SRW original characters. They were born in SRW.
There IS a Psybuster anime, but by most counts it has nothing whatsoever to do with the characters we know and love from the games. It just borrows the name and title mech.

My year was all right. Nothin' to write home about, but it didn't suck giant sweaty super monkey balls.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 11:10:26 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
I seem to be undergoing yearly changes of location. This year I moved to Carson City from Las Vegas, the year before that was from Mesa, and the one before that was out of Pahrump.

Nothing else to really speak of this year. Except that I just got Rock Band tonight.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 11:48:07 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Let's see now, positive things... Well, @Gaiden has given me cause to at least try the mecha genre, or at least the classics (Mazinger/Gundam, etc) if for no reason other then to see the cultural significance. (Exception: I actually find the Cybuster stuff to be sort of cool, so I'll probably look into that as well.)

Bad news: Cybuster and the rest of the Elementals are SRW original characters. They were born in SRW.
There IS a Psybuster anime, but by most counts it has nothing whatsoever to do with the characters we know and love from the games. It just borrows the name and title mech.

Yeah, Wikipedia told me as much. On a possible upshot however, that means that there is more Cybuster to be found on the horizon.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 07:34:52 PM » by AtlasTheStrong
HAPPY NEW YEARS! This is to a bright year ahead of us all.
IP Logged

(Read 3786 times) [1]
Jump to: