translation, please?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Translation, please?

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 759 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 1876 times) [1]

Translation, please?
« on: December 29, 2008, 11:19:09 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Hey gang, your friendly neighborhood Derek Man, here. Someone passed me a note the other day and, to be perfectly honest, my mastery of the Moonish Language isn't quite what I'd like it to be. So I figured, hey, if there's any place I go to that might have an idea, it's the Pantheon.

http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0146yz1.jpg

Any help is appreciated, really.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

Re: Translation, please?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 09:04:32 AM » by Speaker59
場論亜
This is odd.  The first character is "place" (first half of "basho"), the second is "discussion" (second half of "touron" or "riron") and the third is ... either a character that represents Asia (right half of "Toua" - East Asia) or an alternate form of "next" ("Tsugi") or as imparting a prefixed meaning "sub-".

Maybe this is intended to be Chinese?
Chang2 Lun4 ...? The third doesn't seem to be a valid Chinese character.

Google translates the series as "Sub-field theory". No clue what that means.  Hope this helps!
IP Logged

Re: Translation, please?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 03:40:43 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
It does, much appreciated. Now I at least have an idea what he was trying to ask me.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

(Read 1876 times) [1]
Jump to: