srw: ag and smt questions

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: SRW: AG and SMT questions

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11043 Posts, 545 Topics, 780 Members, Latest Member: jnmoors01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 3218 times) [1]

SRW: AG and SMT questions
« on: January 06, 2009, 05:40:55 AM » by LordMuse
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 05:53:47 AM by LordMuse »
firstly, thank you for releasing such an awesome christmas gift, Gid and associated staff of AGTP

Secondly, I'm to mission 17 (Turn-A path)  and the gundam X yahoos just poofed in.  Being the anal retentive  person I asm, I did a cursory examination of the enemy unit, and on the Gundam Virsago's pilot, Shagia, I noticed an odd skill, which I can only assume is a placeholder name

That skill name being "CategoryFL3".   Out of curiosity, (and on the off chance that's Gundam X's name for "no, I'm not a newtype, really I'm not.." much like SEED's coordinators.) I did a google on the text string in various permutations and found nothing.

Long story made longer, Gid.. what is "CategoryFL3"?  Best I can tell is that it's the level 3 of some skill that only had a placeholder name (much like Newtype3)

Secondly, as AGTP brought us various Megaten translations,  I was curious if anybody here was perhaps paying attention to the recently open beta Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine

It's a licensned SMT mmo (and while free to play, it's got a kMMO style cash shop so yeah, atlus is making their bank off it) set in between SMT1 and 2,  I'm not sure which SMT1 ending it consideres canon (seeing as I neve rreally got that far in it) but it seems entertaining enough.

I think, however, that gid and crew could have given it a more polished translation, but then, I'm a wee bit biased.

EDIT:  I'm sue the skill now is 'CategoryFL as Shagia's brother Olba is shown with "CategoryFL2" skill
IP Logged

Re: SRW: AG and SMT questions
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:14:04 AM » by alaras
About the SMT question, SMT2 assumes the Neutral ending, and the establishment of a free state.  If this is in the same universe, I'd guess it's the same thing here, but there's no 'canon' ending for SMT2, since no story's been placed beyond it in the timeline thus far.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 10:21:12 AM » by Dsvaun
The skill is Category F.  The L is Level.  It basically meant in Gundam X that they had newtype-like powers, but were otherwise unable to use the Flash system (Sattelite Cannon, G-bits)
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 04:23:01 PM » by LordMuse
See, now I feel like an utter moron, as I didn't think of that.     A cursory googling of "category F" does in fact find all sorts of gundam x related pages. 

Thank you.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 02:31:56 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
Secondly, as AGTP brought us various Megaten translations,  I was curious if anybody here was perhaps paying attention to the recently open beta Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine

http://agtp.romhack.net/pantheon/index.php?topic=234.0

IP Logged

(Read 3218 times) [1]
Jump to: