found a crash in @g (.84 version)

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Found a crash in @g (.84 version)

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11018 Posts, 538 Topics, 757 Members, Latest Member: jssnormns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 4413 times) [1]

Found a crash in @g (.84 version)
« on: January 13, 2009, 09:52:21 PM » by gamerk2
Moon route mission 35, after getting the Ra Kailam onto the Microwave transmitter, after the enemies dissapear (immediatly before the new ones show up), game totally hangs.  Tested on both EPSXE 1.7, 1.6, and 1.52 and pSX.  Unpatched works correctly, so its a patch issue somewhere...

Only one I found so far...but it looks like the unoffical fix for .84 may need a quick looking into.  Has anyone else run into this in any version of the patch?
IP Logged

Re: Found a crash in @g (.84 version)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 12:01:20 AM » by Chibi Kami
I'm not there yet.
Remind me, is this the original release or the Playstation The Best release?

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 10:14:25 AM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Used unofficial .84 fix, patched ISO myself, no problems on the same mission. (Using pSX emulator)

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 02:38:47 PM » by TheTenderizer What is a flan?
As I mentioned in the other topic, I had this issue too with a pre-patched ISO,

If this happens every time, you've saved me two hours of testing the level again.  Perhaps the editor can shine a light into why it hangs; since the dialogue appears once the Ra Calium's on it, it's probably an issue with unit types coming in, or an event handler of some sort.

Then again, not everyone's having this issue...

Tell no one
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 04:51:46 PM » by gamerk2
For the record, I patched it myself using the fix described.  Looks like an event issue for me too...

I think I still have a pSX save for the turn before I put the RA on the station; I'll put it up on Rapidshare later today and link it.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 05:08:29 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Note: I got the skill point, made it by turn 3. I've heard the game has...issues...if you kill too many of the unlimited G-Bits, so you might just try that.

(To make it by turn 3: Equip the Ra Calium with a Nano Unit or New Alloy Z to help on the defense. Have Bright accelerate the ship, and move at least 1-2 strong defense supports next to him, and defend for all attacks that will hit outside the supported defense. Focus on the single G-Bit in lower right corner of the formation, with all units, and block that square with your units, to prevent G-Bits from respawning on it. Accelerate the ship again, pick off any grungusts and huckebeins you can [they don't respawn], and you should make it by turn 3 with or without accel.)

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 06:20:29 PM » by TheTenderizer What is a flan?
Guess EXP and money farming's out, then.  I'll give that a go sometime.

Tell no one
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 01:10:41 PM » by TheTenderizer What is a flan?
I hate to double-post, but I have confirmed that killing an minimal number of G-Bits will prevent freezing.  I think it realizes that it can move on once the G-Bits have been removed.

Miss out on a lot of money/exp, but toast the Grungusts and Huckbeins and you'll end up with a decent amount.

Tell no one
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 10:14:57 PM » by gamerk2
And my last attempt, I think I killed two in total...(I cheated in order to hurry things along, unlimted SP has its advantages).

I guess if you use savestates, you can figure out the exact number it freaks at.  (Kill none till turn 3, test, re-load, kill1, save again, test, repeat).

Its an odd one though, but at least it happens on a really short mission :D
IP Logged

(Read 4413 times) [1]
Jump to: