sound problem solved in alpha gaiden

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Sound Problem solved in Alpha Gaiden

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10988 Posts, 531 Topics, 744 Members, Latest Member: k4ra187

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 11361 times) [1] 2

Sound Problem solved in Alpha Gaiden
« on: January 25, 2009, 07:40:05 PM » by MrNemo
This post is to all of you who have had a problem with the alpha gaiden translation patch and the fact that your sound does not work.

It has NOTHING to do with the translation itself, the problem with it is the cue/bin file that you have "obtained"

It has the voice acting files and the opening theme music file corrupted.

There is nothing you can do about this at the moment, but try to find a different alpha gaiden file. As far as people have told me, there is none at the moment.

However I have heard about such things on /m/
IP Logged

Re: Sound Problem solved in Alpha Gaiden
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 07:42:36 PM » by MrNemo
sorry to double post, I forgot to mention that some cue files have /SLPS_031.48;1 as a file, instead of SLPS_031.47;1, which is what the LUA refers to when you patch things. to fix this all you have to do is open the srwag.lua file with notepad, ctrl-f the first iteratio nof SLPS-031.47;1, and then replace the 7 with an 8.

if you're going to ban me for my post, at least let me still be able to log on the site. I really enjoy your games, and appreciate all the work you do.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 02:26:39 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
There is nothing you can do about this at the moment, but try to find a different alpha gaiden file. As far as people have told me, there is none at the moment.
There's more than one disk image out there. Mine works.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 02:45:31 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Uh...

Just what in these posts are banable, exactly? Not to mention that none of this information is new, one can find it all and in better detail in other topics on this very site...

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 04:57:20 AM » by Astranagant
guys can u help me solve this problem:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=580758&topic=47762158

I'd really appreciate it..
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 04:33:42 PM » by chogiebear
Hey guys, use MagicIso for converting your CD or .ISO, .IMG or whatever file extention your rom is. I've used all other converters like PowerIso, Daemon Tools, etc. and none of them worked. Only MagicISO DOES the job. Just select tools menu them convert. Then choose convert to Bin/Cue file and VOILA!! conversion complete and you can patch the game already with sounds.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 07:08:32 PM » by MrNemo
mount your iso file on daemon tools or something else. go to my computer, open the corresponding cd, and you should have a bunch of folders.

one of these will read SLPS_0XX.XX
memorize this name (the Xs are variables, and are generally 31.48, 31.47, etc)
what you have to do is go to the folder where the patchfiles are, and open up the the .LUA file that reads "srwag" WITH NOTEPAD.

once that is open, look inside the file for a bit of code that reads SLPS_031.47 (use CTRL-F to find the FIRST ITERATION of it)

change that, to match the file in your cd that reads SLPS_0XX.XX

if you did not understand this, then tell me so.

Also, I expected to be banned because of the mention of 4chan and /m/ and /rs/
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 11:45:55 PM » by Astranagant
mount your iso file on daemon tools or something else. go to my computer, open the corresponding cd, and you should have a bunch of folders.

one of these will read SLPS_0XX.XX
memorize this name (the Xs are variables, and are generally 31.48, 31.47, etc)
what you have to do is go to the folder where the patchfiles are, and open up the the .LUA file that reads "srwag" WITH NOTEPAD.

once that is open, look inside the file for a bit of code that reads SLPS_031.47 (use CTRL-F to find the FIRST ITERATION of it)

change that, to match the file in your cd that reads SLPS_0XX.XX

if you did not understand this, then tell me so.

Also, I expected to be banned because of the mention of 4chan and /m/ and /rs/

it was .47 then i edited the line in LUA file from .47 to .48; i followed all the necessary steps even replacing the cd tool with the updated version (win32) and when i finally ran normal.bat

this appeared:

EE) Lua object: Got an LUA error, inspecting stack.
(EE) 1: <String> {string "srwag.lua"}:4: This is not a SuperRobotWarAlphaGaidenJapanese CD.
(EE) 2: <String> at =[C]:-1 <[top]>
(EE) 3: <String> at =[C]:-1 <error>

(EE) 4: <String> at srwag.lua:4 <mainpatch>

(EE) 5: <String> at Fifo:1 <[top]>
(EE) Lua object: Got an LUA error, inspecting stack,
(EE) 1: <String> LuaException: Runtime error while running LUA code

IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 12:44:31 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Hey guys, use MagicIso for converting your CD or .ISO, .IMG or whatever file extention your rom is.
Hey guys, you don't have a rom. You don't even have a ROM image.

For dog's sake, rom does not mean pirated software!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 08:58:50 AM » by MrNemo
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:01:09 AM by MrNemo »
Hahah! true that.

Astranagant, I do not understand your use of pronouns:

WHAT was .47 that you changed to .48

Also, did you mount the bin/cue file onto daemon tools and open the cd image through my computer to check the number on the SLPS file?
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 03:31:50 PM » by Astranagant
im terriibly sorry, i meant my SLPS version is .47 (and i confirmed through using the daemon tools)

and when i typed default .47 i meant this line:

slusdirent = cdutil:findpath "/SLPS_031.48;1" or error "This is not a SuperRobotWarAlphaGaiden Japanese CD."

iso:foreword(cdutil)
    pvd = createpvd(cdutil)

then i changed all of the .47 in the LUA file to .48

IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 08:03:03 PM » by MrNemo
well, there's one of your problems at least. if your slps file is .47 then everything in the lua file should be kept at .47

other than that... I don't know. I wish I could send private messages or something and help you out.
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 05:00:21 AM » by Astranagant
yeah that did the action, the patch has been applied successfully, it created 2 new files: srwag-engv095b.bin and the .cue for it as well but still no voice shouting

i do, however, thank you for coping with me and my ignorance of the matter..
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 06:23:32 PM » by Chibi Kami
Just what in these posts are banable, exactly?

It's a fear of ban for piracy, as, until you admit to doing otherwise, you officially dumped/ripped it yourself.

Everyone can relax on that; It's only ban-able here if you tell everyone where you got it or if you ask where to get it. We're all expected to google it ourselves.

For that matter, I don't think you're likely to get banned for anything less than spam or copious amounts of childish swearing. Most other rulebreaking will just get you flames and invoke the wrath of Gon.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 10:03:13 AM » by Drake333
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:04:57 AM by Drake333 »
For that matter, I don't think you're likely to get banned for anything less than spam or copious amounts of childish swearing. Most other rulebreaking will just get you flames and invoke the wrath of Gon.

Not the wrath of Gon! That's worse than getting banned. He can split the planet if he gets pissed!
IP Logged

(Read 11361 times) [1] 2
Jump to: