og saga: endless frontier - confirmed!

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: OG Saga: Endless Frontier - Confirmed!

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 15374 times) [1] 2 3

OG Saga: Endless Frontier - Confirmed!
« on: February 05, 2009, 02:01:32 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
From the Atlus press release:

Atlus U.S.A., Inc. today announced that it has secured the North American publishing rights for Super Robot Taisen® OG Saga: Endless Frontier™ on Nintendo DS™, a sci-fi/fantasy-action RPG side story of the Super Robot Taisen Original Generation games. Embark on a journey in the fascinating worlds of the Endless Frontier along with robots, were-people, mermaids, demons, and humans all living with each other in harmony...More or less. From the fantastic new battle system to the captivating story of alternate worlds and characters bursting at the seams with personality, there is plenty to discover and uncover (*ahem*) in this well-rounded adventure.

Unlike most RPG battle systems, players will be engrossed in the interactive, action-packed, fighter-style combat in
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier. Customizable turn and time-based attacks allow players to administer the ultimate beat down on enemies by juggling them in the air and executing a continuous chain of kicks, punches, slashes, gun attacks, bombs, and more. In addition, players can call on their allies to extend their attack chains to ridiculous lengths.

As a continuation of the Atlus Spoils fan appreciation program, each and every launch copy of
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier will be a premium boxed release, with a soundtrack CD featuring music from the game included in the final retail package, our way of saying thanks to our fans for their continued support.

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier is scheduled for release on April 28th, 2009.

Discuss.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

Re: OG Saga: Endless Frontier - Confirmed!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 02:07:45 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Sweet! Well this is going to be a great birthday for me then, I hope it doesn't get pushed back.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 05:01:53 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 03:20:42 AM by Arle »
Bah, I saw Saga and Frontier in the title and thought that Kawazu was back in action. Thanks for the let-down, jerk.  *Shakes fist of rage*

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 05:37:18 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
*Listens to some A Blue Town*

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 06:05:19 PM » by TheTenderizer What is a flan?
It's kind of too bad that it's not a very good game

otherwise, I'd be quite excited.

Tell no one
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 06:23:07 PM » by alaras
Can't wait for this one (if only I owned a DS, but I'll settle for using Desmume or something like it).
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 06:23:43 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
*Shatters a bottle and points it straight at Tender's face*

BLASPHEMER! Speak not the words of Satan in this holy place!

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 06:50:13 PM » by alaras
*Hits Tender with the Baka Hammer*

What Derek said.
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 07:38:26 PM » by TheTenderizer What is a flan?
Fanservice does not a great game make.

Unfortunately it sits fiercely in the action RPG category of "enemies have really way too many hitpoints".  It gets really boring, really quick - despite its initial novelty.

My deal is that you shouldn't extend a game by making people do the same action more times in exactly the same context.  It's like in SRWJ, where when you kill a boss they heal to full... like five times.  It's not quite the same, but get the idea.

There's a reason Namco X Capcom didn't do very well.

Tell no one
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 11:03:14 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
At least it confirms my suspicions that SCEA was responsible for us not getting Original Generations and OG Gaiden.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 11:47:42 AM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
At least it confirms my suspicions that SCEA was responsible for us not getting Original Generations and OG Gaiden.

Debatable. It could be that Atlus wants to/is localizing them, it just takes more time. Or it could be that, for whatever reason, grabbing VO's takes more money.

Yes, there are a number of possibilities, but I wouldn't totally discount OGs or OGG just yet. The PS2 is still in fairly good health.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 01:47:11 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Everything I've seen gave me the impression they weren't doing it.

And the sort of vague non-answers they were giving people that asked about it makes me think they aren't allowed to say what happened. Which fits with what I've heard of SCEA licensing, in that you aren't allowed to talk about it.

So they can't come out and say "Yeah, Sony said we can't release this because it isn't a graphics-whore game."

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 10:37:49 AM » by Badbufon -[DC]- headmaster º_º
meh... the black sheep released and no OGs? bah..
well... is something... at least..

[ Lion Fan I-I Guarlion Fan I-I Altelion Fan ]
      -> Jarana Mk II Custom Pilot <-
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 07:25:43 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 06:12:25 PM » by Ash Rudel aka Blackjack

Obachan said this.....My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.
IP Logged

(Read 15374 times) [1] 2 3
Jump to: