ys5?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Ys5?

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11017 Posts, 538 Topics, 768 Members, Latest Member: jssnormns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 5404 times) [1]

Ys5?
« on: February 08, 2009, 12:20:02 AM » by Galanthos
I was just wondering what the status of the Ys 5 patch was. I know some things about the patch, and the issues it has faced/faces, so I'll list what I know, and hopefully someone can fill in the blanks.

I know that Deuce, known for his work on other Ys games, did the actual text translation, or at least that is what I was lead to believe based on old posts on Ancient Land of Ys. From what I understand, the text translation was done, and sent to Gideon. Is this correct? Also, I know that Deuce had a falling out on the aforementioned message board, and has kinda dropped off of the face of the internet, at least as far as I can tell. Will that effect the progress of the patch at all?

Also, I seem to remember some talk of Ys5 being very difficult to hack. I don't know the specifics, and am not knowledgeable enough in any programming to understand the details, but I do know that certain text-coding conventions have killed translation projects.

I also seem to recall Gideon mentioning limited access to software used to hack and insert text. Is this still the case, and if so, is this effecting the project in any way?

Finally, I understand that Gideon has a lot of projects on his plate, and quite a few are more relevant to his interests. Considering this is his hobby, I won't fault him for preferring to work on things he likes, but is there any way we could find out a sort of priority list, as to what he plans to work on next?
IP Logged

Re: Ys5?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 12:29:13 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
SRW games. There's your priority list right there.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 12:34:58 AM » by Galanthos
Yeah, I got that vibe in general from the board. Despite that, between SRW 1 and SRW@G I know that Metal Max Returns, Danzarb, and Live A Live 2.0 got a release. Also, I know there were some progress updates for non SRW games, so part of me has to hope that there is some room for other things inbetween @g and the next SRW game to be released.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 09:06:36 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
I'm rather fond of Ys. Ys V and RS2 are the major "I hope it's next" projects on my list.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 09:46:24 PM » by Pennywise
Deuce still visits RHDN and from time to time he frequently badgers Gideon publicly to finish up the hacking so he can polish his script. I think he's been doing that for like a year now. I believe one of things that has yet to be hacked/fixed are the item stuff or something similar.
IP Logged

(Read 5404 times) [1]
Jump to: