hard to read?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Hard to Read?

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 5320 times) [1]

Hard to Read?
« on: September 16, 2007, 01:12:20 PM » by PreDefined
Just curious if I'm the only one who finds it harder to keep up on everything now that we're using a forum format.
IP Logged

Re: Hard to Read?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 02:47:33 PM » by Datschge Sakuraba Fan
More like harder to get a quick overview. I personally don't know why all modern board systems use linear threads instead the nested response trees so popular before. But that the way it is nowadays.

Anyway you're not telling me you have issues keeping up with new posts while you can see recent topics on the home page as well as list all your unread stuff by clicking on the link below your big nick name in the right top corner, are you?
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 05:18:46 PM » by Lechise Inohara Tutonic Warrior
Eh, I haven't had much trouble with it, of course, I've beem dealing with this kind of format longer than the other kind... Personally I'm just glad they have a login system now so I don't have to keep typing my handle back in and so it's easier to keep track of who the hell is who *nod*

"My breathing... My eyes... And my footwork! To your sight... and to your mind! Memorize these! This is Shinsanken's special... Sengazanken!" - Roshi
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 11:43:01 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I've seen some that offer a threaded view.
The problem is, it's an OPTION, and most poeple don't view it that way, so it becomes a tangled mess with people replying to the last post and using the main thread reply that drops it at a new 1st-level reply, and so on.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 09:11:38 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
I can't find the "Post new topic" button. I hate the layout. It's stuck between "Old but fun" and "Modern but Depressing".

It's "Old and Depressing".

Really...Forgive me, but I can't stand the new Pantheon, and pine for the days of the old one. Or at least, one that's readable without killing my eyesight.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 06:33:25 AM » by Allivan
Hey don't knock the new Pantheon.  It's WAY more organized this way and I'm sure its loads easier for Gid to handle this way.  Besides, whats so hard about "pick topic, post/reply" and when you log in you get "You have ** new unread posts!"

I love it gid.  Also, since the change, Gon is fast asleep.  After almost a year of running around destroying earth he gets to rest.  Need I say more?
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 07:40:09 AM » by Datschge Sakuraba Fan
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 07:44:06 AM by Datschge »
I can't find the "Post new topic" button.
Pick a board and click "Start new topic" from the "BoardTools" in the left menu.

one that's readable without killing my eyesight.
What's lacking?
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 04:58:26 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Meh. I dunno, it just seems off to me.

It's "New Coke". I appreciate the effort, but feel the old one was better.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 05:14:58 PM » by Duke Fleed
I'm happy I don't have to CTRL+F to find my posts anymore and look for replies. 
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 08:59:30 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
I must echo that the new pantheon ain't as easily accessable as the old one.

I really respect Gid pttin' in the effort and i can understand thatusin' the old board was kind of a pain for him, but really, I think the old board's style mixed with the admin friendly aspects of this one would be best. Doubt he wants to work on it any more, though.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 09:30:21 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I like the new forum (if for nothing else than slightly higher troll protection)

plus Gon looks so innocent when he's sleeping

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

(Read 5320 times) [1]
Jump to: