toshiba satellite a10-s127 laptop for sale

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Toshiba Satellite A10-S127 Laptop for sale

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10991 Posts, 531 Topics, 745 Members, Latest Member: Shakku

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 10446 times) [1]

Toshiba Satellite A10-S127 Laptop for sale
« on: February 15, 2009, 05:22:25 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I recently bought a new laptop (another Satellite, yay!) and I'm selling my old one to help defray the costs. It's not exactly a new machine, but it's rock-solid and has served me very well over the last several years. Honestly, the only real reason I needed to upgrade was the graphics hardware; the integrated Intel stuff that came in my old laptop just won't support XNA programming.

As noted in the post title, it's a model A10-S127. Here's a list of the specs, as cannibalized from about.com:
    * Intel Celeron 2.0 GHz Processor
    * 256 MB PC2100 DDR Memory ***UPGRADED to 1.0GB***
    * 30 Gigabyte Hard Drive
    * 24x CD-RW Combo Drive Optical Drive
    * 15" XGA (1024x768) LCD and Intel Extreme 3D Graphics with 64MB Shared Memory
    * AC'97 Audio
    * v.92 56Kbps Modem and 10/100 Ethernet
    * Two USB 2.0 Ports and One Type II PC Card Slot
    * 13" x 11.5" x 1.5" @ 6.1 lbs.
    * Windows XP Professional Operating System

As with any piece of well-used hardware, it has its quirks. Most notably, the fan makes an odd noise as it spins down (but not when it's actually spinning.) A few of the Fkeys aren't quite responsive; I've actually removed the F3 key cap to make it easier to press. The DVD-ROM drive no longer actually reads DVDs, but I'm not sure whether this is a hardware issue or if I accidentally disabled a driver somewhere when I was fiddling with speed upgrades... (It may also just need to be cleaned.) Its CD functionality works fine though, both reading and writing.

Of course, the battery also no longer holds a charge. A quick google search points at batteries running at about $70. Charger works fine, and it runs without a hitch on AC power. Asking $200.

I've installed quite a bit of software on it, including Alcohol 120%, MS Office Word and Excel, Hex Workshop and Paint Shop Pro. I've re-shelled XP with Hyper BBLean (as prepared by Sliver-X.) Also as a special treat to whoever from the community buys it (if anyone from the community buys it) I'll be leaving a bunch of folders in the /romhack directory containing project files from several of my completed patches. Not sure which ones yet, and no WIPs of course.

This ad's going up on craigslist in a few hours, but I thought I'd offer it to everyone here before I leave it to the proverbial sharks.

IP Logged

Re: Toshiba Satellite A10-S127 Laptop for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 06:57:06 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Sorry Gid, I'd go for it, but I've already thrown down 550 USD for a new system. That basically covers my frivolous spendin' for the year.

Actually, I am curious how that Splinter Operation went. I never got a reply to the E-Mail I sent about what kind of details we'd be lookin' at with it.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 07:55:19 AM » by Cainen
Can't help you(don't have the money to spare and it's not an upgrade), but how's the new lappy?
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 08:48:38 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Hey Gid, did you ever manage to sell this? Just came into the need for a new laptop, so I figured I'd ask.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 09:59:40 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Nope, it's still available.

IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 03:23:49 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I may end up taking you up on this one. If I may ask, what kind of payment do you usually prefer, and would I be able to do installments if necessary? I have exactly $200 in my account right now, and my next paycheck's on the 6th.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 11:28:30 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I generally prefer (postal) money order.

Since the cd/dvdrom drive isn't reading dvds, I'll include a usb dvd writer for an extra $20, if you'd like.

Don't know what shipping would be like. (Don't even know where you're located.) But if you'd like to do this in two payments, I can accept one MO, send out the laptop, then accept the other one in a couple of weeks (and let you know what shipping was at that time.)

Send me an email and I'll send you some pictures. It's a solid machine, despite the aforementioned quirks.

IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 08:06:46 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Gotcha. Gonna send that tonight.

IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 07:29:58 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Hey Gid, did you ever get that e-mail I sent you?

IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 01:06:58 AM » by Dais
So, this deal is over? I guess...

the evolution of spambots continues.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 05:30:22 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
So, this deal is over? I guess...

the evolution of spambots continues.

Problem solved. No spambot gets to try and cash in on MY laptop purchases and gets away with it!

IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 09:34:13 AM » by Basakke
That is right! Right-handed guy need only his hands =) I had worked on same shit last year and it's worked correctly. But now i have 2 high machine to work with old shit.
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 12:02:48 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Whuh?

I'm leaving that because it's funny. But I'm sick of seeing this bumped to the top.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 10446 times) [1]
Jump to: