looking for artists (and maybe musicians.)

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Looking for artists (and maybe musicians.)

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11025 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 3956 times) [1]

Looking for artists (and maybe musicians.)
« on: April 21, 2009, 12:04:01 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I'm looking for artists (and, possibly, musicians) for two games to be released over XBox Live Community Games.

One is a simple one-screen deal with a lot of sight gags. It's 3/4 perspective, and should be a pretty simple affair. But fun, and silly. As a project, should be done in a week or two. Music should be extremely repetitive elevator music, nothing more than eight or twelve bars looped.

The other is more along the lines of a AGS adventure. (Examples here, here, and here.) Major characters include a charismatic jester, twin chefs, an alternatively nice and sinister witch, several normal children, and one or two other characters whose descriptions have yet to be determined. The environments should be bright and colorful, mostly surrounding a large Victorian vacation home in the woods, along with a few outbuildings. It's an ambitious project from a programming and design perspective, but I'm confident that I can do it. Music is mostly ambient.

And before I forget, these are paid positions, commission based on a percentage of profits to be determined and open to negotiation.

IP Logged

Re: Looking for artists (and maybe musicians.)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 01:14:13 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Wish I had audio creation software. The elevator music thing doesn't sound too difficult for someone inexperienced.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 09:47:12 PM » by Chibi Kami
I'm good with character drawing, though not so great with sprites... Maybe I can do cutscene artwork for the AGS game, but things are hell right now with me moving in a couple of days and having my main computer on a most severe blink.

Guess I'll work on a sketch of the jester in my spare time. Is anime/manga style desired?

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 11:31:22 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:34:49 PM by Arle »
Well, I got an audio software and I've asked my Dad (A musical sort if ever there was) to give me some pointers, meanwhile, I think I have an idea for what to go with, I'm thinkin' somewhere between Jazz and Dixieland or somethin' thereabouts.

Gid, is there any further info ye could spill about the one-screen so I kind of have an idea of what it is the music is to accompany? Also, any audio type ye prefer? (MP3, Wav, etc)

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 12:21:41 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Guess I'll work on a sketch of the jester in my spare time. Is anime/manga style desired?

Actually, no. I'd ideally like to eschew anime design for this. I'm not going for "cartoony" at all. There's a deep distinction between cartoony and artsy; I'm more aiming at the latter, especially as this is sort of going to be an "art game" of sorts.

Jack is a very dynamic character. He is the first person the player is introduced to, and depending on how the game is played he can be ally or enemy. He is at once a very charming individual as well as very mysterious. He is the kind of character that draws people in, who will let little things slip "by accident" just to arouse interest.

Arle: Imagine you're waiting in line at the doctor's office, for a really long time. The piece should be profoundly annoying and extremely catchy at the same time.

IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 12:23:06 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I should also note that these games are going to be 720p in resolution, so we're not exactly talking pixel art here.

IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 11:29:10 PM » by Chibi Kami
No anime style, eh? The closest I can get to realism/artsy is something close to the MegaTen style.

Meh, I'll finish up in a few days, try to make it a little artsy, and post it, and you'll either like it or hate it.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

Re: Looking for artists (and maybe musicia
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 03:17:53 AM » by Cruzifixio
Hey Gideon I can draw and I draw good (dont want to sound too confident but I have exposed 5 times and have two ilustrated books)
Send me a mail to hotmail using my user name here!!!

Some works:

http://mcces.wordpress.com/2008/10/12/delivering-more-hounds/
http://mcces.wordpress.com/2008/11/16/ces/
http://mcces.wordpress.com/author/cescruz/

"After all I'm the leading man, I might need to do something heroic"
IP Logged

(Read 3956 times) [1]
Jump to: