tricks to get around smt 1 bugs?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Tricks to get around SMT 1 bugs?

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 763 Members, Latest Member: lahmndras01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 3518 times) [1]

Tricks to get around SMT 1 bugs?
« on: May 07, 2009, 12:37:20 AM » by Nathander
Now, I've adored Shin Megami Tensei, but I keep end up getting screwed over due to some of the bugs in the game, such as not being able to be baptized into the Messian faith even if you're completely law aligned, the antique shop owner not selling guns like he's supposed to at some point, ect. I'm wondering if anyone has any tricks for getting around these bugs.

One trick I heard was to have a patched version of the game and a non-patched version of the game and to savestate when you're about to enter a section where a bug is known to occur, load up the save state in the unpatched game, go through the problem area, save state, and re-upload that save state in the patched game. I tried doing this, but it refused to acknowledge the patched and un-patched versions as the same and, thus, wouldn't let me carry over save states. Now I was using snes9x, so I don't know if this trick doesn't work with this emulator and that's the problem or what.

But I really love the game, so any tips anyone has for getting passed the bugs would really.help.
IP Logged

Re: Tricks to get around SMT 1 bugs?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 12:03:44 PM » by Chibi Kami
1: the save state trick works; you need to either rename the state file to match the unpatched rom, or rename the roms.

2: Failing the save state trick, simply saving your game and renaming the srm data file should work.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

(Read 3518 times) [1]
Jump to: