neo geo and turbografix-cd on wii

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Neo Geo and Turbografix-CD on Wii

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 3707 times) [1]

Neo Geo and Turbografix-CD on Wii
« on: September 19, 2007, 02:22:11 PM » by Adamjirra
Yes, according to wikipedia, Neo-Geo and TG-CD games have been confirmed for American Virtual Console. the Neo-Geo games are fighters, as one would expect, but the CD games are a bit more intresting. The two confirmed are Ys 1 & 2 and Cho Aniki, Yes, Cho Aniki is coming out in america, to those who are familiar of the game.
IP Logged

Re: Neo Geo and Turbografix-CD on Wii
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 03:39:56 PM » by Duke Fleed
Ys, huh.  I like the early ones a lot.  Good news!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 08:24:21 PM » by Osairis
I believe the first Neo Geo games to come are rather early ones such as Fatal Fury, World Heroes and Art of Fighting. Though buying Metal Slug will be a complete rip off if they release it on VC. Especially for those who bought the MS Anthology.

IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 09:02:45 PM » by Adamjirra
They are indeed. And I don't think they will have Metal Slug on the VC due to anthology being out.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 11:20:51 PM » by Zaratus
Ys I and II huh?  If only I didn't already own Ys I + II Complete.  Well, who knows, maybe I'll pick them up anyway, depending on the cost. 

And Cho Aniki?  I'll believe it when I see it, that's just...  I just can't see that coming out on VC. 
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 08:10:12 AM » by Ian Kelley
Ys I and II huh?  If only I didn't already own Ys I + II Complete.  Well, who knows, maybe I'll pick them up anyway, depending on the cost. 

Ys I + II Complete is better than the PCE version anyway, you're not missing much. (Though I do like the music arrangement in the PCE version better)

Anyone know if there's any way to get Japanese VC games if you live in the US? Like, if you own a Japanese Wii will it go to the Japanese store, or is it IP based or something?

And Cho Aniki?  I'll believe it when I see it, that's just...  I just can't see that coming out on VC. 

It's probably just the shooters, which are a little less flagrantly homosexual than the fighters.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 10:29:16 AM » by Adamjirra
yeah, it is the shooter, but, yeah...
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 06:36:11 PM » by Zaratus
I used the alternate soundtracks Deuce made available, and I'm pretty sure most of the tracks were taken from the PCE version.  So, the best of both worlds there I guess, huh?  =D

IP Logged

(Read 3707 times) [1]
Jump to: