ys general discussion thread

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Ys general discussion thread

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11043 Posts, 545 Topics, 780 Members, Latest Member: jnmoors01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 4064 times) [1]

Ys general discussion thread
« on: June 07, 2009, 02:24:46 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 03:07:55 PM by Derek »
Imagine my shock and surprise at finding a copy of Ys VI - Ark of Naphtism(sp?) hidden away in my own store last night. Naturally, I bought it right up and then spent most of the night playing it. Then I decided, what the heck, I know we've got some Ys fans here. Let's talk about it.

I'm not gonna go much into the story of AoN, since I dislike spoilers and honestly have no idea which Ys IV this one's a sequel to, so I'll just say a few things I've noticed about Adol over the series.

One, for someone who's not actually from a heroic bloodline or some such other legendary prophetic nonsense, Adol just can't seem to even walk down the street without a grand adventure flying out and hitting him in the face. And with the way that people pick him out of a crowd just by looking for red hair, you'd think he'd have started wearing a damn hat by now.

Two, the man's a pimp. I will accept no arguments on this whatsoever. Almost every Ys gave I've ever played has had at least one damsel at some point falling head over heels for him after he saves her life from the forces of darkness. In AoN here, we've got at least two right off the top, if you don't count recurring characters. I guess chicks dig red haired heroes, or something.

Finally, just a minor thing I wanted to note. I never want to get on the same boat with Adol. Like, ever.

EVER.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

Re: Ys general discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 02:59:24 PM » by Chibi Kami
...and honestly have no idea which Ys IV this one's a sequel to...

It's a sequel to the SNES Ys 4.
The PCE Ys 4 is non-canon.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 03:00:59 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi

Mask of the Sun? Our Ys 4?

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 06:02:53 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!

Mask of the Sun? Our Ys 4?

Mask of the Sun, the one AGTP translated, is canon.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 06:07:26 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Mask of the Sun, the one AGTP translated, is canon.

Barkley Shut Up And Jam Gaiden: This game is canon.

IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 10:34:16 PM » by Ash Rudel aka Blackjack
I feel at a slight loss. I've never heard of this game.

Obachan said this.....My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 01:39:28 AM » by Dsvaun
Do you put in the code to change the voices to japanese or do you play it as it is?
Oh hey, I'm alive.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 07:18:40 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
As is. I wasn't even aware there's a J-voice code.

And hey, you're alive.

IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 01:00:35 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Ys VI is one of the few games where I don't feel like impalin' myself/someone else in the head over the voice-work.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 06:38:23 PM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 06:44:17 PM by Dsvaun »
Yeah, if you put it in it changes the english to japanese and the FMV to anime. Only slight downside is that you don't get the extra ending on nightmare since it's considered a cheat, if that matters at all.
IP Logged

(Read 4064 times) [1]
Jump to: