dark law ~ meaning of death text problem

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Asgard - Technical Help / Topic: Dark Law ~ Meaning of Death Text problem

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11018 Posts, 538 Topics, 757 Members, Latest Member: jssnormns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 4958 times) [1]

Dark Law ~ Meaning of Death Text problem
« on: June 22, 2009, 10:18:08 AM » by BrokenDream
I been kinda having a few issue with Dark Law game when it comes to the text. On the game the text is either disappear when the next npc talks, doesn't make sense like at the begin when you check the stone by the temple, or it's completely jumble up in quite a mess where the sentence is unreadable, like at the stone and when the priest talks.

Is there a way to fix this by any chance? or is it by chance the emulator fault? ( zsnes 1.51, window enlarge on zsnes for text, and filter is allowed.) I also tried zsnes 1.42, but same thing.
IP Logged

Re: Dark Law ~ Meaning of Death Text problem
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 11:45:49 AM » by BrokenDream
(Sry for double posting)

Umm just in case, I took some pics to show what I mean.

At first, I was thinking maybe It was SUPPOSE to be some missing text, like giving the stone a little ancient and words are suppose to be a missed ( idk, was proabably being dum XD)

but then when the priest talk...

IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 01:48:15 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
The gravestone text is intentional. The grave is 300 years old, so naturally, the text is written as it would have been 300 years ago.

The priest, however, is a bug.

IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 11:09:13 PM » by BrokenDream
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 11:10:54 PM by BrokenDream »
I thought so about the grave stone.

As for the priest, I wish I knew what he said before I move on, oh well. XD

The dog on the second scenario did the disappearing text thing,  just to say.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 10:31:19 PM » by ugetab
I put a little time into making several text system repairs over a year ago. I didn't know what, if anything, would be the result of posting a message here at the time. Turned out nothing visible occurred, so I quit bothering with inspecting/repairing it since then.

I only now confirmed that my 'snes9x text error' also occurs in ZSnes 1.51. 2 faulty emulations usually suggests the programming is bad.

I'll plug my site, so I can get the admins/mods all in a huff over off-site promotion(and thread necromancy).

The site:
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab

Scroll to the bottom, and grab this:
"Dark Law Text Fix IPS Patch"

Apply the AGTP patch first, then apply this one.
Shouldn't interfere with save-states, but to be sure, save one where speech text isn't currently being displayed.

If there's a reason beyond next-projectitis that nothing has been done to the patch, I never saw it.
IP Logged

(Read 4958 times) [1]
Jump to: