progress news ~ at long last, an update

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Progress News ~ At long last, an update

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11025 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 24356 times) 1 [2] 3

Re: Progress News ~ At long last, an update
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 02:29:45 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Even if they haven't been edited yet, at least you have a rough english script to insert somewhere down the line instead of being ready and have nothing to insert.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 08:06:29 PM » by Syuviel
I'm just glad a lot of games on the list are nearing a completed state, thats all i could hope for since i'm not actually contributing anything.
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 08:11:28 AM » by Djungelurban
Considering all you've done for the community during the years past you deserve as much down time as you feel you need. I'm not saying that I don't want most of these games ASAP but prepared to wait as long as necessary. One of these days I'm sure I'll get to play Mystic Ark.
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 08:51:35 PM » by gamerk2
Nice to see 4, EX, and Giden get love, although I wish Alpha was mentioned...
IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 09:53:21 PM » by Sir Fuzzi
Agreed, I'm eagerly awaiting 4. Oldschool fun ahoy!

However, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Fire Emblem had a translation done, probably by someone in the FESS crowd. I'd welcome an AGTP translation with open arms and then some, but then I'm not sure what your stance is on translating things that're already translated.

It might not be a full patch but I can personally attest that it translates all of Book 1, and I've gotten a few chapters into Book 2 without error so far.
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 10:15:27 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Simply put, I started mine before they did. They beat me to the punch and as such my motivation to work on the project is noticeably flagging, but it'll get done eventually. I owe it to my translator.

IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2009, 07:55:34 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Please do. I have ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST in playing Shadow Dragon. I want to play the game as it was meant to be played: In AwesomeVision.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 03:15:03 PM » by SkyeWelse On a quest to find Xanadu!
Ah, I'm very happy to hear that the Ys V project isn't dead. Thanks for the update Gideon and I hope you'll find that well deserved rest soon enough. : )

-Thomas
www.miraigamer.net
www.cavestory.org
www.adventym.com
IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 03:54:42 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Why are ye postin' a cluster of irrelevant links...?

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 02:33:03 PM » by SilvrDragn23112 Dragoon of the Bahamut Order
I'm glad to hear you're alive, Gid. I was worried for a while that something bad might have happened to you or a loved one.

Seeing progress on Holy Umbrella makes me quite happy. I played it in Japanese and it was quite an interesting game. I look forward to seeing it, and the majority of your other translations, completed.

On the subject of scripts being in rough English... I don't have a PhD in English, but I'd be happy to help out if you needed some help. I don't know how long I'll be available, however, with college resuming before much longer... but I'd like to do whatever I can, be it friendly words of encouragement or more. If you want my help, just send me a message; I tend to lurk through here like no tomorrow.

Good luck, Gid!

~Silver
IP Logged

Re: Progress News ~ At long last, an updat
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 05:29:59 AM » by alaras
If you need a hand with those scripts, I'm 18 credits shy of a BA in English, so maybe I could assist.
IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 04:18:47 PM » by dedRaptor
Well, lets face it. Your contributions to the translation community pretty much outweigh anything anyone else has done. I mean, not one but TWO SRT's proves that you're one of the most valuable and valued members of the translation community.

Enough gushing. What I'm trying to say is, you've done enough. If you want to do more, spectacular. We love you Gid.

Just make sure we know you're alive every once in a while. :P
IP Logged

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 04:25:02 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I mean, not one but TWO SRT's proves that you're one of the most valuable and valued members of the translation community.

Three. 1, 3, and AG.

IP Logged

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 06:59:24 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I thought 1 didn't count because it made people cry tears of blood.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 11:57:50 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
I thought 1 didn't count because it made people cry tears of blood.

For that reason, I say it's the best one.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

(Read 24356 times) 1 [2] 3
Jump to: