progress news ~ *whistle*

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Progress News ~ *whistle*

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11027 Posts, 542 Topics, 770 Members, Latest Member: Drdarylmorgan34

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 20906 times) 1 [2]

Re: Progress News ~ *whistle*
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 12:41:28 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I take it 4 will be the next major project, or will Gaiden finally get released before then?  Or is this a trick to hide Gaidens impending release?

It'll be a while before *any* of them are ready. I still have to work out the kinks in EX's menu system's text print crap, and once that's done it has roughly 500KB of script to edit. SRW4 is twice that size, but at least I should be able to drop most of the code from EX into 4 pretty easily. Similarly, I'll probably be able to drop EX's code into SRW3 for an eventual v2.0 redux.

IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 05:45:17 AM » by prince2phore
I take it 4 will be the next major project, or will Gaiden finally get released before then?  Or is this a trick to hide Gaidens impending release?

It'll be a while before *any* of them are ready. I still have to work out the kinks in EX's menu system's text print crap, and once that's done it has roughly 500KB of script to edit. SRW4 is twice that size, but at least I should be able to drop most of the code from EX into 4 pretty easily. Similarly, I'll probably be able to drop EX's code into SRW3 for an eventual v2.0 redux.

good luck with all that, and thx in advance no matter what the release date will be. Any plan for a 1.0 version of SRW AG by the way ? The empty support screen and robot lists after some time seems to be due to a memory leak or something...
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 09:46:18 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I haven't even played @G yet due to waiting for that 1.0, but I'm perfectly willing to sit back and wait for however long it takes him, seeing as how he just within the month dropped a list of projects he's already working on or getting somewhere with. It'd be nice to see, but after the fact he made the beta a Christmas present for us, @G 1.0 can wait awhile.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 07:21:22 AM » by prince2phore
the game is really allready enjoyable as is, no need to wait for the 1.0
IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 07:17:53 PM » by Sephiroth Tenshi
Ok, this is probably gonna backfire, but here I come...
Do you have any idea about Alpha's completion?Like "Well, maybe, if it all goes well, there's a possiblity it will be released next year" or "not so soon, I'm focused on other projects right now..."

Let me say that I am REALLY sorry if this is offensive is some way, it's just that I'm really anxious about Alpha, I'm just waiting for this project to play the whole alpha series, hehe =P.

Thank you very much for your efforts and again I am sorry if this was offensive.

Now Playing: Super Robot Wars OGs/OG Endless Frontier e Final Fantasy X/VII: Dirge of Cerberus
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 09:18:07 PM » by gamerk2
Generally, asking "when will game be released" is considered not cool. 

That being said, asking what a games status is at is usually OK.  I'm curios about Alpha too, although thats probably a low priority, as I will be asking "When will you start @2/@3?" every week :D
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 05:38:35 PM » by Sara Kitties.
... Does that say Lune? Aaaargh, my brain.
IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 08:06:10 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
... Does that say Lune? Aaaargh, my brain.

Gotta go with the official name romanizations, except in cases where shit's totally made up. Except for Cima/Sheema*. I prefer to keep it Sheema, just to piss of the "OMG WTF IT'S CIMA YOU FUCKERS" guy who flooded the board way back when SRW3 launched.

*Note: Not really, we're going with official here too. Though I'm always very, very tempted.

IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 09:19:01 PM » by Drake333
Though I'm always very, very tempted.

Just the thought of that makes me laugh. That would be along the lines of pushing back releases when people bug you about it, wouldn't it?

Hmm, that could make a good April Fool's joke.
IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 11:51:04 PM » by Sara Kitties.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 11:53:42 PM by Sara »
Gotta go with the official name romanizations, except in cases where shit's totally made up. Except for Cima/Sheema*. I prefer to keep it Sheema, just to piss of the "OMG WTF IT'S CIMA YOU FUCKERS" guy who flooded the board way back when SRW3 launched.

*Note: Not really, we're going with official here too. Though I'm always very, very tempted.

Makes sense, but you can understand why I said it.
I'm so used to "Ryune", and I could swear Alpha Gaiden used it, too...
My figurine boxes have "Ryune" on 'em, too.

I never understood where Atlus got "Lune".
I know it has a meaning, but I always see stuff saying "Ryune".
Doesn't actually bug me, it's just a name. Bit bizarre, though.
The kind of argument that could go on forever.
Kinda reminds me of Macross name messiness, actually...
IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 12:33:37 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Makes sense, but you can understand why I said it.
I'm so used to "Ryune", and I could swear Alpha Gaiden used it, too...
My figurine boxes have "Ryune" on 'em, too.

I never understood where Atlus got "Lune".
According to Atlus, all their name choices were from Banpresto.
Who, as we all know from Cybast... Cybus... Psybu... MASAKI'S MECH, can't romanize consistently to save their lives. So had htey asked a week later, we probably would've gotten Ryune(which sounds better in english, if nothing else).

Kinda reminds me of Macross name messiness, actually...
You mean the whole Robotech rename issue? That's a whole 'nother can of worms.

Ignoring rewritten hackjobs that change half the names into wholly unrelated ones while editing the story so they can write another two unrelated shows in as part of it, Macross is actually pretty straightforward.
Millia's the only character that doesn't have a definite official romanization set in stone at this point :(

Most of the zentradi names INTENTIONALLY use horribly screwed-up romanizations to emphasize their alien-ness.
I don't USE the official romanizations for zentradi characters. In part because I can never remember them.

The Macross 2 characters probably don't have official romanizations either, but who cares? :P

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2010, 02:15:38 PM » by hanhnn

i found this patch with the menu done
http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1340/
IP Logged

(Read 20906 times) 1 [2]
Jump to: