live a live 2.0?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Live a Live 2.0?

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 11888 times) [1] 2

Live a Live 2.0?
« on: September 22, 2007, 10:15:15 PM » by CouchTomato
So a week ago, I just found out about Live-a-live, and was playing for a few hours, and then I decided to check out the website, where I found out there was a 2.0 patch coming out "very soon," but that was like almost 4 months ago. So far, I've been holding off on the patch (I don't like playing through stuff twice, at least for a while), but I'm really eager to continue playing and finishing the game.

I'm not asking for a release date or anything, but should I just finish it or is it gonna be coming out soon enough?

=O
IP Logged

Re: Live a Live 2.0?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 01:05:59 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
From what I understand, this updated version is pretty much gonna own the original one in every way, shape, and form. I'd suggest holding out for it if you don't like to replay.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 04:51:36 PM » by Twentysix
has any one seen Gid have more than one release in under 2 months?
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 05:10:48 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
There have been times in the past when I've got 'em organized well enough that there were major translations for big games coming every other week.

IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 05:24:52 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I remember those times. They were good.

I miss them. ;_;

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 05:31:32 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I do too :/

IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 08:23:50 PM » by jolly_old_saint
I'm torn, myself. Sure, I'm looking forward to new stuff. But being in college, there's only so much free time and life I can afford to have sucked out. :p

Dear god, I fear the day SRW alpha's released. Shin Getter, Macross, and Giant Robo in the same game...is it even legal to make something that awesome? Doubt I'll ever be able to turn my eyes...on topic, how HAS live-a-live going? Or re-going? I only played the cowboy story (the JERK kid, good times), but it seemed like a fun game...

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 11:42:15 PM » by CouchTomato
Heh, that's exactly how I feel, with regards to the college thing. I wanna have a game that I can play when I wanna be distracted from all the damn homework, studying, and lab reports I have to do. =P

Of course, there's only a couple months before Smash Bros, so after that, everything goes down the drain.

=O
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 11:49:12 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Dear god, I fear the day SRW alpha's released. Shin Getter, Macross, and Giant Robo in the same game...is it even legal to make something that awesome?
Only until the feds find out. Then they'll make SRW a restricted substance.

Am I the only person that wants to take a YF-21 to town on the Wing Zero's sorry posterior hinge component repeatedly and excessively?
I think I may spin a save off just so I can reload every time I feel an urge to stuff a missile down Heero's angsty yaoi-fanfic throat.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 07:11:38 PM » by Duke Fleed
I'm torn, myself. Sure, I'm looking forward to new stuff. But being in college, there's only so much free time and life I can afford to have sucked out. :p

Dear god, I fear the day SRW alpha's released. Shin Getter, Macross, and Giant Robo in the same game...is it even legal to make something that awesome? Doubt I'll ever be able to turn my eyes...on topic, how HAS live-a-live going? Or re-going? I only played the cowboy story (the JERK kid, good times), but it seemed like a fun game...

You should play the bakumatsu chapter (it has SO many secrets)  and the near future chapter (battle music rocks).  The game also possesses the most intriguing Ending.  And the good ending is hard as hell to get.   I think this game and Shin Megami Tensei are and will always be AGTPs strongest releases.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 12:25:33 AM » by jolly_old_saint
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 12:27:08 AM by jolly_old_saint »
I think this game and Shin Megami Tensei are and will always be AGTPs strongest releases.

I don't know. I loved SMT and liked what I saw of Live-a-Live. But man, SRW3 put me into a trance or something...I woke up a few days later wondering what the hell happened and how the game was over. I re-started it and was sucked back in...took the entire JSA, JLA, Doctor Who, Teddy Roosevelt, and the A-team to pull me outta that loop.

...man, that was a hell of a day.

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 06:21:40 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
You forgot to Mention Marty and his DeLorean. He was really the hero, because Mr. T's van wasn't fast enough to catch SRW by itself.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 05:42:14 PM » by RedComet
So a week ago, I just found out about Live-a-live, and was playing for a few hours, and then I decided to check out the website, where I found out there was a 2.0 patch coming out "very soon," but that was like almost 4 months ago. So far, I've been holding off on the patch (I don't like playing through stuff twice, at least for a while), but I'm really eager to continue playing and finishing the game.

I'm not asking for a release date or anything, but should I just finish it or is it gonna be coming out soon enough?

Honestly? I'd say wait. 2.0 is already so much better than 1.0 is and it keeps getting better.

IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 11:24:51 PM » by CouchTomato
Honestly? I'd say wait. 2.0 is already so much better than 1.0 is and it keeps getting better.

Have we heard anything about it since it was announced?

=O
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 12:09:43 AM » by Duke Fleed
Nope.  But I heard that there's going to be a complete prosey-narrative of the prehistoric era instead of just the pictograms.  Hey, Gon's up and walking BTW.  I've never seen his pupils before.  It kind of warps my mind.

^^ that was a joke.  I am well aware that isn't going to happen.
IP Logged

(Read 11888 times) [1] 2
Jump to: