shiren the wanderer (3?) n64 translation?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Shiren The Wanderer (3?) N64 translation?

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 4422 times) [1]

Shiren The Wanderer (3?) N64 translation?
« on: September 17, 2009, 05:31:51 PM » by Cruzifixio
Hi, I finally got the (SNES) Shiren game (for the DS), and then I remembered about that time long ago when I found out tru this translation group about this game, that somewhere in a very very old website I found out about  the N64 sequel to this game...

So question is:
Does anyone knows of any translation group making a translation of this game? Is the mighty Gideon (Lord of everything thats glam) gonna hit that baby someday?

I gotta say I kind of tried to play it and it was a sad experience, but the game looks gorgeous and feels "Fushigi No Dungeon" enough for me to think it might be good.

"After all I'm the leading man, I might need to do something heroic"
IP Logged

Re: Shiren The Wanderer (3?) N64 translation?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 07:50:29 PM » by abandonwareguru
I don't know anything about the N64 version, or Gid's plans, but Shiren 3 was released officially in English for the Wii. I've actually been playing it, it's pretty solid. So I don't really see a whole lot of reason for any N64 version to get translated if it's the same game.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 09:55:52 PM » by KingMike
I thought the N64 game would be Shiren 2.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 05:58:39 PM » by EaterBrain Shin Getter's Voice of Reason
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:08:54 PM by EaterBrain »
I thought the N64 game would be Shiren 2.
It's a bit confusing actually, there's Shiren 2 for GBC (also remade for DS, currently untranslated) and Shiren 2 for N64. I have no idea where Shiren 3 comes in, but it doesn't seem to be a remake of Shiren N64, but rather an original installment.

Also, as if there wasn't enough confusion, there's a Shiren Gaiden game for Dreamcast and Windows that stars a female heroine and uses different mechanics. And I believe the titular hero is not in the game.

HA HA HA HA HA

P.S. Wikipedia lists Shiren GBC as a remake of Shiren SNES, but that doesn't make any sense in the light of the fact that it was remade as Shiren DS 2.  EVEN MORE CONFUSION!
IP Logged

(Read 4422 times) [1]
Jump to: