The Pantheon
September 29, 2020, 03:43:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Major Release News ~ Mystic Ark's out.  (Read 33422 times)
Gideon Zhi
Archmagus
Cleric

« on: September 21, 2009, 07:37:55 PM »

After ten days of extreme beta testing and ten more(ish) of extreme midnight oil burning, Mystic Ark is finally available for public consumption. Do please be sure to read the readme, as it contains several notes about the translation itself.

And yes, this should work on your SNES, should you have a copier.
Screenshot Screenshot
IP Logged

Chibi Kami
Beta Tester
Deacon

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 07:43:53 PM »

Another project done, another step toward Hourai High.
IP Logged

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
Derek
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 10:00:43 PM »

Another project done, another step toward Hourai High.

Hear hear, but I'll be sure to enjoy this one in the meantime. Much grats, Gid.
IP Logged

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
JayBee
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 11:13:29 PM »

Whoo!
IP Logged

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kvachu
Initiate

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 02:05:14 AM »

Huraaa!
IP Logged
Demonolith
Initiate

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 02:52:53 AM »

Alright! Now to finally find out what all this fuss is about!
IP Logged
GreenEnergy
Initiate

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 06:22:47 AM »

And yes, this should work on your SNES, should you have a copier.

Hey, I heard the other MA Translation would have problems running on real hardware! Awesome!

AGTP Translations are always the BEST!

Congratualtions & THANKS to anyone involved!

Man, this site is FANTASTIC! :D
IP Logged
Derek
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 08:13:41 AM »

Ugh. I hate to say this, but I can't get it to work. -_-;;

I'm usually able to get these things going without much trouble. Guess I just keep finding bad ROMs or something. Has anyone else been having any trouble with it, or is it just my bad luck?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 08:38:26 AM by Derek » IP Logged

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
Gideon Zhi
Archmagus
Cleric

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 09:16:14 AM »

Make sure your ROM is not interleaved. There are a lot of Mystic Ark ROMs floating around out there that unfortunately are :( You can use NSRT to deinterleave, and you'll know it worked if the checksum reports as good.
IP Logged

Drake333
Initiate

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 09:40:42 AM »

Make sure your ROM is not interleaved. There are a lot of Mystic Ark ROMs floating around out there that unfortunately are :( You can use NSRT to deinterleave, and you'll know it worked if the checksum reports as good.

Interleaving was a half hour stumbling block for me when I tried to get the Dynamic Designs version operational.

A tip for any using ZSNESW v1.51, (and possibly many ZSNESW versions) when you start the unpatched rom it lists its properties at the bottom of the screen. Of course, it should say "Interleaved : No" for the patch to work.

After ten days of extreme beta testing and ten more(ish) of extreme midnight oil burning, Mystic Ark is finally available for public consumption.

Wow, that's extreme times 20! I hope you didn't affect your real life too much in the process. Regardless, thank you very much. I am going to try it out right away!
IP Logged
KingMike
High Order
Acolyte

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 10:33:35 AM »

Great, now I have to choose which version to finish first. :P

Of course, congratulations on finishing. :)
IP Logged
Derek
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 02:01:15 PM »

Yeah, me and Andrew appear to have figured that interleaving thing out as well, but now the bloody thing doesn't seem to have any sound on the unpatched rom. -_-;;;

Update: Okay, finally got it working. Thanks, Jay.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:20:43 PM by Derek » IP Logged

Captain Vittles
Initiate

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 03:22:39 PM »

What I did to my file was remove the header first with SNESTool, *then* deinterleave with NSRT.  I don't know enough about this stuff to know if the order matters, but it worked like a charm after that so whatever.
IP Logged
JayBee
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 03:24:09 PM »

NSRT can remove headers too.
Let SNESTool die like the stone-age relic it is
IP Logged

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drake333
Initiate

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 11:12:05 PM »

Heh, I used SNESTool to get mine up and running. I had to hunt down a non-interleaved version to do it though. ;) If I ever have another interleaving issue I will try out NSRT. Otherwise, SNESTool still works great for .ips patching and headers.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: