major release news ~ mystic ark's out.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Mystic Ark's out.

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 23568 times) [1] 2

Major Release News ~ Mystic Ark's out.
« on: September 21, 2009, 11:37:55 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
After ten days of extreme beta testing and ten more(ish) of extreme midnight oil burning, Mystic Ark is finally available for public consumption. Do please be sure to read the readme, as it contains several notes about the translation itself.

And yes, this should work on your SNES, should you have a copier.
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Mystic Ark's out.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 11:43:53 PM » by Chibi Kami
Another project done, another step toward Hourai High.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 02:00:43 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Another project done, another step toward Hourai High.

Hear hear, but I'll be sure to enjoy this one in the meantime. Much grats, Gid.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 03:13:29 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Whoo!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 06:05:14 AM » by kvachu
Huraaa!
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 06:52:53 AM » by Demonolith
Alright! Now to finally find out what all this fuss is about!
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 10:22:47 AM » by GreenEnergy
And yes, this should work on your SNES, should you have a copier.

Hey, I heard the other MA Translation would have problems running on real hardware! Awesome!

AGTP Translations are always the BEST!

Congratualtions & THANKS to anyone involved!

Man, this site is FANTASTIC! :D
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 12:13:41 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 12:38:26 PM by Derek »
Ugh. I hate to say this, but I can't get it to work. -_-;;

I'm usually able to get these things going without much trouble. Guess I just keep finding bad ROMs or something. Has anyone else been having any trouble with it, or is it just my bad luck?

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 01:16:14 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Make sure your ROM is not interleaved. There are a lot of Mystic Ark ROMs floating around out there that unfortunately are :( You can use NSRT to deinterleave, and you'll know it worked if the checksum reports as good.

IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 01:40:42 PM » by Drake333
Make sure your ROM is not interleaved. There are a lot of Mystic Ark ROMs floating around out there that unfortunately are :( You can use NSRT to deinterleave, and you'll know it worked if the checksum reports as good.

Interleaving was a half hour stumbling block for me when I tried to get the Dynamic Designs version operational.

A tip for any using ZSNESW v1.51, (and possibly many ZSNESW versions) when you start the unpatched rom it lists its properties at the bottom of the screen. Of course, it should say "Interleaved : No" for the patch to work.

After ten days of extreme beta testing and ten more(ish) of extreme midnight oil burning, Mystic Ark is finally available for public consumption.

Wow, that's extreme times 20! I hope you didn't affect your real life too much in the process. Regardless, thank you very much. I am going to try it out right away!
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 02:33:35 PM » by KingMike
Great, now I have to choose which version to finish first. :P

Of course, congratulations on finishing. :)
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 06:01:15 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 07:20:43 PM by Derek »
Yeah, me and Andrew appear to have figured that interleaving thing out as well, but now the bloody thing doesn't seem to have any sound on the unpatched rom. -_-;;;

Update: Okay, finally got it working. Thanks, Jay.

IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 07:22:39 PM » by Captain Vittles ALL ABOARD THE PARTY VAN!
What I did to my file was remove the header first with SNESTool, *then* deinterleave with NSRT.  I don't know enough about this stuff to know if the order matters, but it worked like a charm after that so whatever.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 07:24:09 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
NSRT can remove headers too.
Let SNESTool die like the stone-age relic it is

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 03:12:05 AM » by Drake333
Heh, I used SNESTool to get mine up and running. I had to hunt down a non-interleaved version to do it though. ;) If I ever have another interleaving issue I will try out NSRT. Otherwise, SNESTool still works great for .ips patching and headers.
IP Logged

(Read 23568 times) [1] 2
Jump to: