major release news ~ mystic ark's out.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Mystic Ark's out.

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11018 Posts, 538 Topics, 757 Members, Latest Member: jssnormns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 23095 times) 1 [2]

Re: Major Release News ~ Mystic Ark's out.
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 04:25:01 AM » by EaterBrain Shin Getter's Voice of Reason
After ten days of extreme beta testing and ten more(ish) of extreme midnight oil burning, Mystic Ark is finally available for public consumption. Do please be sure to read the readme, as it contains several notes about the translation itself.
Thank you, thank you very much! YOU ARE ZHI MAN, as always, Gid.

AGTP team has done so much for the gaming community, it's scary! Special thanks go out to Ian, who already attained fame and immortality, on the world weird web, at least, through his work on La Mulana (most famous AGTP project after Cave Story). I can't name all projects he worked on, but I do know that among them are some of my favourite SNES games: SMT1-2, AS Valken, Shiren -- the ones where he was the primary translator; thus, there's no doubt in my mind that:
Gideon Zhi + Ian Kelley = GIDIAN ZEEETO!!!  Lovely Translation ~ ♥ .

Oh I'm going to enjoy this one SO much, I've been listening to MA's soundtrack long before discovering the game itself -- Akihiko Mori's works had a unique and interesting sound.  May he rest in peace.
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 10:40:25 AM » by Skip Sandwich
right after I started the game after patching, I fought a crow to the right and slightly above the house in the ship figure world and instantly jumped to level 81. I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen, so I thought I'd mention it.
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 12:03:37 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
right after I started the game after patching, I fought a crow to the right and slightly above the house in the ship figure world and instantly jumped to level 81. I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen, so I thought I'd mention it.

Sounds like a bad image copy.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 01:42:04 PM » by Skip Sandwich
I applied the patch to a different ROM image, and it works fine now, it was still weird, but I can play normally now so all is well!
IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 03:26:41 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 06:04:28 PM by Derek »
As the wise man said (I think it was Derek) Gid is God.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 07:18:16 PM » by Omnirizon
I love you Gid.
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 06:04:40 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
As the wise man said (I think it was Derek) Gid is God.

Don't remember saying that one, but hey, I'll take credit for it. ~_^

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 03:08:24 AM » by ryuo
This may not be the place for this, but the forum software would not allow me to make a new thread in the bug forum, and this was the best place I could come up with to report it. I think I've found a bug in the patch. After completing world 3, I am no longer able to encounter enemies. Some others have reported this as well. See here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=564396&topic=51501369

I have a screenshot and zsnes savestate here:

http://ftp://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/people/ryuo/mysticark.png
http://ftp://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/people/ryuo/mysticark.zst

To be more precise, the last time I was able to encounter them was right before I killed the last boss of World 3. Thoughts?
IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 09:18:24 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
A couple of questions.

1) Are you using any cheats? This is *important.*
2) Do you have any earlier savestates? Like, before you beat the boss in world 3? :p

IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 09:36:27 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 09:53:46 PM by Gideon Zhi »
Nevermind, I found the problem. (Or, more accurately, where the problem occurs... if I found the problem itself, I'd have a fix pretty quickly.)

Unfortunately, it's 11:30 PM and I need to be at work at 10 tomorrow, so I can't guarantee a fix before tomorrow evening. I'll try, though.

IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 10:51:08 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
"Fix" is up. Unfortunately it involves having a save before the bug occurred. I'll see if I can find a random battles enable tomorrow... I'm pretty sure there was a toggle in one of the debug menus to do that.

IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2009, 11:10:15 PM » by Zoltor
OMG, thank you so much, I have basically given up all hope, that Mystic Ark would ever get translated, when destiny translations technically canceled the project when it was so close to being done.

I had to reformat my PC a month ago, and I was bored today, so I figured I would google it, to see if they had done anything with eith that(doubtful)or any other games, needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised to see this site pop up on goodle, saying Mystic Ark was done.

It was a real pain to locate a clean rom(damit, nearly every MA rom out there is martially patched), but I found one, and seems to be sweet so far(I so never thought I would ever get to play this game).

Thanks again :)
IP Logged

(Read 23095 times) 1 [2]
Jump to: