release news ~ mystic ark v1.01

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Release News ~ Mystic Ark v1.01

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10942 Posts, 519 Topics, 728 Members, Latest Member: nigel1434

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 15597 times) [1]

Release News ~ Mystic Ark v1.01
« on: September 26, 2009, 12:41:42 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
This is a small (big) fix for a small (big) bug which caused random battles to stop completely just before fighting the last boss in world 3. I´m looking for a code to manually re-enable them, but in the meantime a patch which fixes the bug is up.

The nutjobs who programmed this crap need to be beaten with a tire iron. For those who are interested, the bug was caused by an extremely unlikely combination of factors, including (1) the location of one particular string in the rom, and (2) the particular method by which the string was accessed. The simple probability of any string starting at this address is one in 65535...

IP Logged

Re: Release News ~ Mystic Ark v1.01
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 01:09:41 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Wow, talk about RNG hating you. At least this should fix it up pretty well, right?

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 08:53:54 AM » by Demonolith
where's the patch? I can't find it
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 09:12:41 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
It's right where the old one was. Replaced it.

IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 09:21:29 AM » by Demonolith
oh okay, thank you
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 07:27:17 PM » by six.
Nice time of the day, I register here after a one and half an hour run after I first loaded this patch and I must say it's an excellent and finely translated release, keep it up, graciously!!

The most common rom indeed works best after removing the header, deinterleaving it and then applying the patch.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 09:19:33 PM » by Devon_v
So, if you already played passed world three, you are stuck until the manual code fix is found? I got pretty far into world four before the absence of enemies really got strange, so I came here to see what was up. I applied the new patch to a clean ROM, but I still have no enemies anywhere, and I'm woefully underleveled for the next boss, so I'm stuck.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 11:45:37 PM » by Drake333
I applied the new patch to a clean ROM, but I still have no enemies anywhere, and I'm woefully underleveled for the next boss, so I'm stuck.

Ahh, hyper challenge mode, hehe. ;)
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 07:04:23 AM » by parvulus
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 07:58:59 AM by parvulus »
I'm in the second world and I noticed that I can walk through some of the left walls below gourd bridge, but only go one square in.  Is that supposed to happen or is it some other bug?  Even if it's another bug, it doesn't break anything but I was just wondering.

Thanks a lot to the Aeon Genesis group for releasing this.  I've been following the various AGTP releases for a long time and I really appreciate all of the patches you make.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 01:15:51 PM » by Devon_v
I'm in the second world and I noticed that I can walk through some of the left walls below gourd bridge, but only go one square in.  Is that supposed to happen or is it some other bug?  Even if it's another bug, it doesn't break anything but I was just wondering.

You mean inside the town? All of the walls seem to extend one tile beyond the obstruction map to create the illusion of rounded corridors. Unless you're talking about something else.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 06:52:48 PM » by parvulus
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 06:54:57 PM by parvulus »
Here's a screenshot: http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7117/mysticarkj00000.png

Anyway, it doesn't really matter.  At first I thought it might lead to hidden items or something but I think it's just a little visual bug because it occurs consistently (every third tile or something) along that left wall
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 12:24:14 PM » by Devon_v
Here's a screenshot: http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7117/mysticarkj00000.png

Anyway, it doesn't really matter.  At first I thought it might lead to hidden items or something but I think it's just a little visual bug because it occurs consistently (every third tile or something) along that left wall

Oh, the other meaning of below. Under the town. I hadn't noticed that. Might be intentional considering what lives down there.
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 12:58:17 AM » by Quasispace
I just encountered a bug in the game.

In World 3, in the Lab, after you finish the Knife/Spoon in the Pot task, if you check the Right Drawer after the stairs have been revealed the game gets stuck in a text loop.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 09:37:21 PM » by whoever
i just picked up remul and suddenly it's like he's poisoned
but when i go back to my last saveram save and do it again it's fine
sorry i have no idea other than that
http://who-ever.angelfire.com/Mystic_Ark.zs7
http://who-ever.angelfire.com/Mystic_Ark.srm
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 04:36:16 AM » by Varia
Greetings! I Thank you very much for translating this, Ghideon Zhi,  it's been a long time coming but it is dearly appreciated. I looked into hacking and tried practicing some of the hex conversion from a rom dump. To say the least, it is very tedious and time consuming trying to remember each conversion and so on, so I can really appreciate what you do Ghideon. I'll try to put in a donation sometime soon to help out. Thanks again.
IP Logged

(Read 15597 times) [1]
Jump to: