major release news ~ lunar: walking school

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ LUNAR: Walking School

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11028 Posts, 543 Topics, 771 Members, Latest Member: BlueWizard

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 14455 times) [1]

Major Release News ~ LUNAR: Walking School
« on: December 17, 2009, 03:37:05 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
At long last, it´s done! Sorry it took so long.
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ LUNAR: Walking School
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 03:39:43 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
As I said in IRC:

!

Everyone celebrate!
*busts out some starlight mints and ... ummm... an appropriately themed drink*

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 05:06:17 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Thank you Gid!

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ LUNAR: Walking Sc
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 01:11:47 AM » by azidahaka
congrats! this is a great news :)
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 05:11:04 AM » by teasel
i don't want to be a party pooper but after the SRW translation of  last year this is a bit of a downer
oh well i guess you can't complain about free stuff
always keep up the good job!
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 10:44:51 AM » by threetimes
Just started playing this. Thanks so much!

And a slideshow video with screenshots for the whole game plus the music has been posted on youtube by Saikyo Mog, if anyone wants to check it all out first.

Women don't have MANHOOD! XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxSFVIO-LMo
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 03:40:44 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
i don't want to be a party pooper but after the SRW translation of  last year this is a bit of a downer
Are you speaking ill of Althena's works?!?!?!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 02:10:25 AM » by Guncannoneer
Forwarded this to the guy who originally got me to play LUNAR, some 10 years ago.  I'm hoping he'll be pleasantly surprised, as he's a huge fan of the series.  Of course, I'll have to give this one a try sooner or later too.

Thanks as always to everyone involved for their work.
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 05:01:43 AM » by teasel
oh i love lunar but this looks like lunar only in name... maybe i should give a spin anyway but it doesn't look like something i would play
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 06:43:07 AM » by Demonolith
Awesome news! This is one of the top 3 that I'm looking for next to Langrage Point and Metal Max 2. So excited to play this!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 03:32:13 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
i don't want to be a party pooper but after the SRW translation of  last year this is a bit of a downer
oh i love lunar but this looks like lunar only in name... maybe i should give a spin anyway but it doesn't look like something i would play

It was done by Studio Alex. That makes it more Lunar than the remakes of Silver Star and Eternal Blue ever were. :P

(As a sidenote, I haven't found time to try it out yet. Years of waiting, and I'm held up by work.   :(    )

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 03:43:39 PM » by supapowadood
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 04:32:13 PM by supapowadood »
ALRIGHT!  Finally finished my post-alpha testing!  Great game, AWESOME translation and such a rare treat in playing a new retro game!
I've gone through and checked the whole main story and posted all of the issues in the game.  This should be all of the minor glitches/mistypes in the main storyline.  The only part of the game I haven't checked 100% is the dialogue of all the townspeople during the game (though I did check a lot of it and haven't seen any errors).  If there are any bugs left, that's where they are.
So, once again, a HUUUGE thanks to Aeon Genesis (and GhideonZhi) for bringing this game to our shores.  I hope this bug list will be of some help and I truly believe this is the least I could do.

Oh, and one more thing...if you haven't realized it yet, below this point in the post is nothing but a big list of (albeit minor) SPOILERS, so stop reading now if you don't want to be surprised!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4

Right after you get the 3rd ingredient and the monsers suddenly disappear.  Ellie says 'Can you to please call a truce until we GET OUT OF HERE?'.  Should be 'two' not 'to'.

Also found a minor one,when Stella calls Ant's crew the best-behaved in the beginning of Ch 5 there's a hyphen, but when Lena repeats it it's un-hyphenated.

Chapter 7

When you get the spell from Ralph and it's supposed to dispay something like 'Lena learned Win D', that textbox only appears for a split second then is covered by the next text box.  Also the same vanishing textbox thing happens when you learn Lucky from Terena.  The other spell-earning texts function normally though.

Chapter 8

Minor one: in the beginning of the chapter, while Glen is speaking he says, 'Well go on.'  there's no comma after Well.

Chapter 9

The same overlapping textbox glitch/by design thing happens when Winn receives his 3 spells from Ralph.  The 3 spells scroll through in 1 text box in about a half-second then get covered with the next text.  Im beginning to think this was an original game issue like the bottom right of enemy graphics disappearing when casting certain spells like Flame/PsiAir.

Also, when meeting the group outside the sea cave on arrival, Lena says something like 'Hell you all doing here?' instead of 'What the hell are you doing here'.  May just be a translator's choice thing like comma placement really.

Also, when speaking, all characters refer to the item 'charcoal' as 'tan' (ie - earlier translation) though when you receive the item it is re-named 'charcoal'; probably just another translator's choice though to keep from reformatting the longer text.

Also, when Glen is talking to Winn about the future he says, 'Beome a Guardian Time' instead of Guardian OF time than later says 'Just look atim' instead of look at him (again may be translator's choice there).

Chapter 11

Whenyou speak with Iason he says 'The Blud Dragon?  Irrelevant!' instead of 'The Blue Dragon'.

Chapter 12

In the first Scene at Demon Castle D Barua speaks with D, but her graphic doesn't appear until right before the scene fades out.

A very minor issue appeared twice, when in the top 2 floors of Demon Castle D Lena says, 'Man!  What's up with this door!?', and again as you return to Iyen and speak with Steele she says, '**** (super spoiler) wants us!?'; in both cases the exclamation point should follow the question mark.

Also, as Ant shows you off and says, 'Without you around I'll really be able to make a name for myself' there is no punctuation at the end of the sentence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, that should be it!  Mostly small gramatical errors and graphics bugs but there were 2-3 real script errors/mistypes.  I hope this bug list was of some help.  Thanks again to the translators, and HAVE FUN PLAYING EVERYONE!

~ Nick Doane 'SupaPowaDood'
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 05:26:54 PM » by Amon_Re
Just registered to express my gratitude to  Gideon Zhi and his team for releasing a game i had given up hope on to ever see translated, you sirs, ROCK!

Been playing the game and the translation is excellent, no glitches, no bugs, no typo's that i noticed, it's a top notch job!

Keep up the wizardry, and have a great 2010!
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 12:32:05 PM » by ultpaladin
Has anyone else run into problems with Lunar using the latest version of Gens?  I've had the game freeze, screen go into gibberish, had my third party member turn into a copy of my second so I had twins and I've also had it reset to the title screen.  Needless to say I switched to Kega Fusion and the game is running perfectly now (I'm on chapter 5 now).

Churchill: If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons
IP Logged

(Read 14455 times) [1]
Jump to: