recca does what sega doesn't.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Recca does what Sega doesn't.

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11025 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 3477 times) [1]

Recca does what Sega doesn't.
« on: February 18, 2010, 12:20:42 PM » by KingMike
From Recca, a disabled anti-Sega version of the Naxat logo (followed by a ripoff of the Game Boy boot screen):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrQn-O_zFRc
IP Logged

Re: Recca does what Sega doesn't.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 01:03:28 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I didn't think the platform wars were as heated over there back then.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 07:14:21 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Dude, that's pretty intense, all things considered. JB: I'm not up to speed, any reason why Naxat would hate Sega?

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 07:33:41 PM » by Chibi Kami
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/13001.html

They seem to have heavily avoided both Sega and Nintendo in their early years, focusing mainly on the TG-16/PC-E and doing the occassionaly GB title.

Indeed, it seems they didn't do anything for a Sega system until 1996.

Wiki doesn't have anything that would be indicative of bad blood between the two companies; maybe they were just having fun with the Sega does what Nintendon't ads.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 09:20:18 PM » by KingMike
The only similar thing I remember is Bart's Nightmare.
In the SNES version, people in the skyscraper stage were throwing Genesis consoles at Bartzilla.
Whereas in the Genesis version (released the following year), people were throwing TGs.
I can only imagine the SNES version being a console war joke, and the Genesis one about the TG's rapid demise in the US.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 02:44:10 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Dude, that's pretty intense, all things considered. JB: I'm not up to speed, any reason why Naxat would hate Sega?
None I know of.
Maybe they were just really proud of all those sprites they got moving on an NES.
Recca IS doing a hell of a lot. It would be a great example of a game that can't be done without the greater processing power afforded by the Genesis, except... it was.

Possibly a protest against all the shooters going to the Genesis instead of the SNES? That's my best shot.
I mean, really, it was 1992. The NES and PC-Engine were basically dead, no matter how much untapped potential they had. 

Wiki doesn't have anything that would be indicative of bad blood between the two companies; maybe they were just having fun with the Sega does what Nintendon't ads.
That wouldn't make a lot of sense for a japanese developer.
Nintendon't was an american thing, and this being before the internet, there was a LOT less cross-talk between regional markets, so Japan was largely ignorant of those ads.

<tangent>
The only people in Japan that cared about Nintendon't worked in Sega Japan.
And they were appalled that Sega America was doing business  the american way and actually selling systems instead of doing things the japanese way, tiptoeing around the elephant in the room, and totally failing to affect the NES monopoly.

These same people would subsequently do everything in their power to sabotage Sega America and ensure they failed.

Seriously, the Saturn was developed.in secret after assuring Sega America that they could develop a 32-bit expansion for the Genesis and it would DEFINITELY be adopted as the "next-gen" system hardware. And literally the DAY after the 32x was announced, and Sega America made such a big deal out of how people would be able to upgrade their beloved Genesiseseses to play all these wonderful new games alongside their existing library, Sega Japan publicly unveiled the Saturn, pointed and laughed at the 32x and Sega America's bizarre statements about it being the future, and snatched every available programmer they could to ensure there was no software support for the 32x.

Yes, really.

And people wonder why Sega went down the shitter after the Genesis.
</tangent>

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 12:25:32 AM » by jolly_old_saint
Somehow, some way, I dared to hope this had something to do with Flame of Recca.

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

(Read 3477 times) [1]
Jump to: